MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I'm not sure if this was an off day, but I went through 2 devices today. Both fully charged, yet the battery level would drop and spike up again,
with the scanner battery consistently showing a minimum of 90%. The first one shut down all together, even though the scanner battery was showing 95% 15 min before.

I'm not sure where you are reading those numbers from because it should be impossible for the scanner to read anything other than increments of 25%, this is under the settings page of MyWork? If so all I can think of is you have a new scanner sled firmware?

One thing that I would like to see would be when we type in an aisle number to see what planograms are tied on it, would be that the planograms names can be touchable and go to that planograms. As of now I have to memorize the name. Sometimes I'm not so good that that. Also is there any update to the fix of the iPod taking into account the length of the plan to untie old plans? Had to do a lot of untiying with our electronics reset last week. @UIguy & @OtherGuy
Yeah we are looking at redesigning a lot of the details pages like that, I haven't seen them yet, but we'll take that feedback in.

As for untying, that's not going to be possible until the merchants can get their POGs to be standard length. We can only confidently untie the first POG, after that we don't have good data to do it accurately :(

I will have to dig around but I love One Note on my phone it can be a scratchpad, will look to see what if anything is on the iPod.
Is the notepad app on the iPod disabled? But as @Anonymous12345 that's a great option.

I just have to vent, so be warned.... At my store people still refuse to use the iPods. Like seriously, learn to use them! When all the functions of the PDA are removed except for back room, do not expect to come to me and have me answer questions! You have since fucking October to use them, learn them, and get used to them. I'm tired of not being able to pull something because people use a PDA when they don't need one. Either get used to change or get out. I can't wait until the day the PDA does nothing but back room functions.... Rant over.... Sorry just irritated, it is a Monday after all.

That sucks... sorry to hear it... it sounds like your leadership is completely useless all the way up through your STL at a minimum. That or you're exaggerating the severity of the issue.

@OtherGuy Not sure if it is disabled, we don't exactly get time to play around with them.. And I figured there is a note pad on them, just haven't actually used it, so I couldn't reply that "You do this and then this and there it is." I want to be able to post repro steps.. :)

It's not disabled. Used it all the time when I'm filling from home locations. Difficult with out a copy & paste function within the myWork app, but doable.

I'm not sure where you are reading those numbers from because it should be impossible for the scanner to read anything other than increments of 25%, this is under the settings page of MyWork? If so all I can think of is you have a new scanner sled firmware?

@OtherGuy

It was from the profile screen. There is a chance it said 75%, but I am sure it was 95%. Even if it was 75% the device should have not died so soon.

Another question -- the device I had today had a little lock icon by the battery icon. I only looked at one other, and it did not have it. I'm not an iOS user, so it may be just some other TM playing with the settings.

Another question -- the device I had today had a little lock icon by the battery icon. I only looked at one other, and it did not have it. I'm not an iOS user, so it may be just some other TM playing with the settings.

That's the orientation lock. It prevents the device from changing orientation, like landscape to portrait or vice versa. Simply swipe up from the bottom and click the lock icon in the control menu to enable or disable.

That weird task list my store has? Its spreading. Found out today a second iPod is showing it now. Maybe our one or two DAs who actually know what they're doing have any idea what's up with that. The rest of them? I had to show one how to print labels this weekend; I still don't think my store thought out choosing digital advisors past the ones we've had since the start of this adventure.

That's the orientation lock. It prevents the device from changing orientation, like landscape to portrait or vice versa. Simply swipe up from the bottom and click the lock icon in the control menu to enable or disable.

Good to know, thanks. Even with the lock not there the orientation rarely shifts for me anyway.

I just have to vent, so be warned.... At my store people still refuse to use the iPods. Like seriously, learn to use them! When all the functions of the PDA are removed except for back room, do not expect to come to me and have me answer questions! You have since fucking October to use them, learn them, and get used to them. I'm tired of not being able to pull something because people use a PDA when they don't need one. Either get used to change or get out. I can't wait until the day the PDA does nothing but back room functions.... Rant over.... Sorry just irritated, it is a Monday after all.
I've got one or two team members who still insist on having a pda. My little old man well carry a mydevice, but only use it for some things. Otherwise he hogs a pda on truck days-insert head banging on desk here-lol. The other get irrationally angry when you try to explain why his problems no longer exist, since he's not used a mydevice since December. I've given up. Went to put mine back the other day and one of the leader ones said "does not scan" took me five seconds to get working.

I've got one or two team members who still insist on having a pda. My little old man well carry a mydevice, but only use it for some things. Otherwise he hogs a pda on truck days-insert head banging on desk here-lol. The other get irrationally angry when you try to explain why his problems no longer exist, since he's not used a mydevice since December. I've given up. Went to put mine back the other day and one of the leader ones said "does not scan" took me five seconds to get working.
Yeah i think im about done fighting (not literally) with people over why only few PDAs remained and why i labeled them all as BACKROOM on the sides. When the day comes and they go into RF and try and go into pricing and it says application not recognized, ill smile and walk away. Mainly pricing are the ones that hog the PDAs. Their TL loves the iPod, but doesnt care what they use as long as the WL is done. I'm thinking of total team when it comes to PDAs. If someone on the sales floor wants to pull a batch, they cant because we now have none to use. I guess I care too much...

Yeah i think im about done fighting (not literally) with people over why only few PDAs remained and why i labeled them all as BACKROOM on the sides. When the day comes and they go into RF and try and go into pricing and it says application not recognized, ill smile and walk away. Mainly pricing are the ones that hog the PDAs. Their TL loves the iPod, but doesnt care what they use as long as the WL is done. I'm thinking of total team when it comes to PDAs. If someone on the sales floor wants to pull a batch, they cant because we now have none to use. I guess I care too much...
There are none there an hour after flow comes in. My little old man comes in the same time as flow. And he knows they don't want to elbow him out of the way because of his age.

They keep saying we are going to actually follow equipment control, but we never do. Which means half the mydevices aren't signed out, only a handful of walkies, and the keys. And there are no repercussions for not signing things in or out.

At my store, it's nearly impossible to get a MyDevice during an opening shift because plano, instocks, P-Fresh, and leaders have all of the non-broken ones. Once pricing can't use the PDAs anymore, all hell will break loose.

That weird task list my store has? Its spreading. Found out today a second iPod is showing it now. Maybe our one or two DAs who actually know what they're doing have any idea what's up with that. The rest of them? I had to show one how to print labels this weekend; I still don't think my store thought out choosing digital advisors past the ones we've had since the start of this adventure.
These need to be called in, I worry that these devices might somehow be pointed to a different store so you are doing another stores workload.

Price change (other than Counts) will start to be removed around the end of July, so not much longer.

These need to be called in, I worry that these devices might somehow be pointed to a different store so you are doing another stores workload.

Price change (other than Counts) will start to be removed around the end of July, so not much longer.
Thank goodness!

Week two: holy fucking shit there were three 3-tiers of haircare that ended up getting pushed.

I deep zoned it last week there were not that many outs it was maintained since then.

THREE.

My store has been using MyDevices so it won't effect us, but hopefully we can get an update to the Price Change app soon.

Tasks not being removed from the task list is really wasting a ton of our time (end of the day workbench shows 30 tasks, task list shows 150). So you waste time looking for those 120 extra items only to find you already ticketed them and then means you have to sit there for 20 minutes and hit "Activate" wait 10 seconds for it to come up, Activate the next item, repeat, due to there being so many extra tasks left over in the gun the "Activate All" option won't even appear. At least with the PDA you can queue up button presses and spam activate (A,enter,A,enter.....) which takes 2 minutes tops.

We know about the supposed fix of making sure to select "NOP" instead of "Backroom" however it looks like when using autoprint to just get a single ticket, since we are not typing a quantity in, it is not removing those singles from the task list (this was not an issue prior to 0.28).

The "Rework" bug when using AutoPrint QTY still hasn't even been acknowledged AFAIK, so stores that are using the updated feature have their Price Change Accuracy scores dropping like crazy.

My store has been using MyDevices so it won't effect us, but hopefully we can get an update to the Price Change app soon.

Tasks not being removed from the task list is really wasting a ton of our time (end of the day workbench shows 30 tasks, task list shows 150). So you waste time looking for those 120 extra items only to find you already ticketed them and then means you have to sit there for 20 minutes and hit "Activate" wait 10 seconds for it to come up, Activate the next item, repeat, due to there being so many extra tasks left over in the gun the "Activate All" option won't even appear. At least with the PDA you can queue up button presses and spam activate (A,enter,A,enter.....) which takes 2 minutes tops.

We know about the supposed fix of making sure to select "NOP" instead of "Backroom" however it looks like when using autoprint to just get a single ticket, since we are not typing a quantity in, it is not removing those singles from the task list (this was not an issue prior to 0.28).

The "Rework" bug when using AutoPrint QTY still hasn't even been acknowledged AFAIK, so stores that are using the updated feature have their Price Change Accuracy scores dropping like crazy.

^ This. One of the team members in pricing who hasnt been doing it very long was working in a department and scanned the clearance rack, went back to check the list, and said the department was gone so she just assumed she was done. When checking the my performance detail sheet it confirmed that only a few tickets were printed out of the 150 that were needed. So somehow the whole department just disappeared, any idea how that happened? You mentioned "activate all" i wonder if she did something that I dont know about to make the whole department activated

I have never seen an Activate All option. When and where does it appear? Does anyone else ALWAYS have a LOT thats left at the end of the day that you couldnt find?

Oh and I dropped my MyDevice twice today. Only thing that happened was the top of the red case came off a bit and it entered the number "7" for the item I was researching.

These things can take a hit.
And I was so scared at first they would've broken within a week of use.

I have never seen an Activate All option. When and where does it appear? Does anyone else ALWAYS have a LOT thats left at the end of the day that you couldnt find?

"Activate All" will show up when you sort tasks by DEPT, then expand one of the departments, it will be listed in the department header in blue but only after enough tasks have disappeared for the day "BABY Activate All Hide"

There is NO CONFIRMATION button like the PDA had when using N-done, once you hit the button it begins activating everything.

New thing we noticed. MyDevice does not show you "Active NCF" so we only see active or Discontinued. We need to know this for seasonal PTM... Knowing what is carry forward helps us figure out what we can flex out over the discontinued that is gone. Or know that it is NCF we can back stock it if we need space for other D-Code(we don't like to but sometimes choices get made).

"Activate All" will show up when you sort tasks by DEPT, then expand one of the departments, it will be listed in the department header in blue but only after enough tasks have disappeared for the day "BABY Activate All Hide"

There is NO CONFIRMATION button like the PDA had when using N-done, once you hit the button it begins activating everything.

Ah i never knew this. She must have accidentally hit it. There should definitely be some sort of confirmation message added

@OtherGuy, my store is having issues on my work app. Several devices are having unexpected closures when trying to open the app. Restarting the devices have no effect. Suggestions? Nothing was mentioned on red wire.

Back