MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

No this was a separate issue.

That's a pretty odd, the only reason I could think of that working was if it was keeping the button pressed down and not letting the scanner go to sleep. I tried it with our most popular holster style and it didn't seem to have enough pressure to do that. There is a leather (Motorola I believe) one at a few stores which was kind of tighter. Though even if that was the case you'd probably kill your battery pretty quick and probably really wreck the holster by stretching it so much.
Other than that I couldn't think of a reason this would have any effect at all as it isn't a connector issue. It's iOS communicating to the sled to wake up that has been the issue.
I don't know either. I just know that I have at least 80% less scanner malfunction when it's upside down. For example, scanning something then putting it in my holster right side up 90% of the time results in the scanner stopping at some point in those few seconds. Using it my way I can scan away. Makes no sense but it works for me. I use a old LPDA holster, too. I hate those new ones, too small and tight.

Last edited:
I don't know either. I just know that I have at least 80% less scanner malfunction when it's upside down. For example, scanning something then putting it in my holster right side up 90% of the time results in the scanner stopping at some point in those few seconds. Using it my way I can scan away. Makes no sense but it works for me. I use a old LPDA holster, too. I hate those new ones, too small and tight.

You should be doing scanner down - safety. I hated that the laser was pointing up. I have wrecked a few of the new holsters to get them to fit properly. I took them home and cut on them and used some tools to reshape them for my preferred scanner down. Stretched out? Yes but that laser points in a safe direction. I haven't noticed it works better or worse in either position.

T6 bit if you really need to crack the new cases.
Thank you! :D

Plano is allocated 3 MyDevices and 2 PDAs. Two of our devices have the scanner not connected issue. No amount of reboots or jiggling have worked. I got some Torx bits, but not a T6.

You should be doing scanner down - safety. I hated that the laser was pointing up. I have wrecked a few of the new holsters to get them to fit properly. I took them home and cut on them and used some tools to reshape them for my preferred scanner down. Stretched out? Yes but that laser points in a safe direction. I haven't noticed it works better or worse in either position.
If I have to ask one more tm to not shine that in my eyes I'm getting an eye exam on spots dime. It's a laser not a flashlight.

@OtherGuy was tying some pogs and talking to the pptl, the pda used to "remember" if an aisle was tied standard or reverse previously, can we get this added to the devices?

Also still hoping for a way to print only a missing label for a pog.

@OtherGuy was tying some pogs and talking to the pptl, the pda used to "remember" if an aisle was tied standard or reverse previously, can we get this added to the devices?
It would also be really nice if revisions automatically tied to the right section when you made the tie. The PDA only requires the aisle number, not the section, to tie a revision planogram. This would speed up the process some.

went through 4 mydevices yesterday they all started to die after about 1 hour of work, lol and i went through 3 walkies ...

wtf please get an electronic device that can hold a charge for 8 hours please.

went through 4 mydevices yesterday they all started to die after about 1 hour of work, lol and i went through 3 walkies ...

I make sure to turn my screen light down to almost a quarter and it lasts for about 5 hours. I don't own a smartphone so it might be easier to get used to that way.

Were you in the freezer alot? I noticed the times I was in an out of the freezer and/or cooler for longer can really drain inadequately charged batteries. And its a symptom of how rechargeable batteries work thats the problem, so it will never really change unless they give us enough equipment to adequately rotate and charge it all.

With the new update all you have to do is scan the header and press tie.
After you press tie it then asks for section and sometimes standard or reverse (depending on pre-tie maybe?) for a lot of POGs.

@coolerqueen
For pre-tied aisles there's some issues. For example, if you press "TD6" and you tie the aisle but it's reverse (even if the pre-tie was correct) the schematics won't be correct. I always break the pre-ties on reverse aisles and re-tie them reverse.

I always use the old lpda holsters since the my device holsters are so small.

I haven't noticed the pre-tie reverse issue in a couple of updates. I noticed it around the first of the year often, but have had no issues with it tieing POGs incorrectly for the last 2 months.

I haven't noticed the pre-tie reverse issue in a couple of updates. I noticed it around the first of the year often, but have had no issues with it tieing POGs incorrectly for the last 2 months.
We had it happen this week. :(

So we are (apparently) finally going to start having to sign out the mydevices at my store. There are never enough it seems, and AP said at huddle about a week ago there were currently about 4 MIA, most likely stashed and forgotten about. To top it off though, today one of the flow guys was finishing up cardboard from truck, and discovered one in the trash in the back room o_O To bad we haven't started signing them out yet!

We've been signing out iPods for a while here. Doesn't help when I don't know if they actually check that people use the sheet and/or there's not enough equipment for everybody. The flow TL's trying to ration out the iPods in the morning now so, in theory, people who come in after 6 can have one instead of flow grabbing all of them. Doesn't seem to be working so far because they're still hollering over the walkies about how Price needs an iPod every truck. Then again its only been a week so maybe things will improve.

We are down two MyDevices. One was stolen by a guest (funnily enough, the ETL-LOG had it checked out at the time) and one had a certificate expire that could not be renewed so we sent it back. The opening LOD now stands in front of the equipment cabinet for the first half hour of the day. In order to get a MyDevice from 5:30 to 6:00 you have to make a case for one.

Last edited:
Were you in the freezer alot? I noticed the times I was in an out of the freezer and/or cooler for longer can really drain inadequately charged batteries. And its a symptom of how rechargeable batteries work thats the problem, so it will never really change unless they give us enough equipment to adequately rotate and charge it all.

After you press tie it then asks for section and sometimes standard or reverse (depending on pre-tie maybe?) for a lot of POGs.
when you tie new pogs you will need to put in the location, section plus standard or reverse. Unless its pre tied. On revisions you just need to scan and press tie.

when you tie new pogs you will need to put in the location, section plus standard or reverse. Unless its pre tied. On revisions you just need to scan and press tie.

This hasn't been the case at my store. As recently as this past Friday both POGs and Revisions require you to input the aisle, section, and specify standard or reverse. The myDevices haven't been making any distinction in process between POGs and Revisions aside from the names of fill batches.

We also have been having the problem mentioned above where all POGs that have been pre-tied end up tying standard on the myDevices regardless of how they were pre-tied. We have to tie, break, and re-tie every pre-tied reverse POG set with a myDevice.

This hasn't been the case at my store. As recently as this past Friday both POGs and Revisions require you to input the aisle, section, and specify standard or reverse. The myDevices haven't been making any distinction in process between POGs and Revisions aside from the names of fill batches.

We also have been having the problem mentioned above where all POGs that have been pre-tied end up tying standard on the myDevices regardless of how they were pre-tied. We have to tie, break, and re-tie every pre-tied reverse POG set with a myDevice.
You must not have the updates. All the issues you have stated have been fixed with updates. At least in my store.

Hey everyone, we've got a great next release in the works for you all, but I'm curious if there are any other big features/improvements you all are itching for. Scanner/battery/wi-fi/login are obviously some of our biggest targets and we've already put a large amounts of fixes in for price change and we are revamping PTM, but outside of that is there anything that would really help us through peak season?

Also still hoping for a way to print only a missing label for a pog.

Does that remembering include new POGs or just revision POGs? Though I think it would probably make sense to work for both, in the next version we will have for the revision POGs automatically tie to the same aisle, section and lead in as the parent POG.

As for printing the POG label, well it's not in an intuitive spot, it's under "see promo signs"

It would also be really nice if revisions automatically tied to the right section when you made the tie. The PDA only requires the aisle number, not the section, to tie a revision planogram. This would speed up the process some.

Coming in next version (see above)

@coolerqueen
For pre-tied aisles there's some issues. For example, if you press "TD6" and you tie the aisle but it's reverse (even if the pre-tie was correct) the schematics won't be correct. I always break the pre-ties on reverse aisles and re-tie them reverse.

For the pre-ties those were fixed back in v25, I know before the fix all preties would show up as standard if you checked Online Planogram and then we fixed it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hey everyone, we've got a great next release in the works for you all, but I'm curious if there are any other big features/improvements you all are itching for. Scanner/battery/wi-fi/login are obviously some of our biggest targets and we've already put a large amounts of fixes in for price change and we are revamping PTM, but outside of that is there anything that would really help us through peak season?

Does that remembering include new POGs or just revision POGs? Though I think it would probably make sense to work for both, in the next version we will have for the revision POGs automatically tie to the same aisle, section and lead in as the parent POG.

As for printing the POG label, well it's not in an intuitive spot, it's under "see promo signs"

Coming in next version (see above)

For the pre-ties those were fixed back in v25, I know before the fix all preties would show up as standard if you checked Online Planogram and then we fixed it. Is anyone else having this issue?
We're on version 28.something and still having the pre-tie issue.

Is there any new info on the label choosing size/style that I took a picture and showed you earlier in the thread, @OtherGuy ? Also I noticed when doing the end cap audit some items I scan to add to a multi 7x11 won't add to the sign. And yes they are on sale and no the sign isn't full yet. No matter how many times I scan it or key it. Any ideas?

Back