MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Is it me or do others get logged out frequently. And not from being idol. I can scan something a minute prior and get logged off.
Yes. Right in the middle of doing RSCH and oops login again. I'm like, I'm still the same person I was when you kicked me out.

Is it me or do others get logged out frequently. And not from being idol. I can scan something a minute prior and get logged off.
Yes. Right in the middle of doing RSCH and oops login again. I'm like, I'm still the same person I was when you kicked me out.

Annoying. Especially when I am on the phone with a guest or other store.

It's not just you. It drives me nuts.

I've said that, but I go back to them every morning, lol.

Hey, I'll take these things over not having anything because the process teams have all the equipment.

I was hoping to come across information maybe people are finding out they can do more than what they originally thought with the mydevices... so far though reading through the pages I have only seen complaints or positives about them.

While the functionality of the mydevices is still not recommended for daily tasks I have to say that personally I enjoy carrying it around and using it as a tool to find items for guests. The pictures feature where it will actually show you what your looking for is amazing. It's helped my multiple times already in trying to figure out what the heck a guest is talking about. Sometimes trying to understand some people is the most frustrating part of the job but the whole pictures thing and being able to access all the target apps and site quickly is really nice.

Now if we could just get some talk functionality via skype or facetime we'd be cooking here. I think if we were able to communicate with other stores (ONLY) it could really help in a way to help guests even more efficiently.
That is actually one of their plans, being able to communicate with them. When the price scanners turn into ipad minis the idea was a quest could hit the button on it and it'd call a team member. Also on their wishlist was being able to pick up calls with a my device.

Yeah when I worked at Home Depot our "PDA's" that we had there you could make calls and answer calls on. They were a bit more bulky and looked a lot like the LPDA's that we have now. I think it will be an easy transition with the ipod touches after spring time. They just have to allow us to be able to DL skype or facetime. There will I am sure have to be some sort of functionality to disable people from making calls to random people from outside the store but I don't see a ton of TM's doing that anyways. I hate how some of our TM's are just taking the ipod touches and using them. IE the truck pushers, not hating on any of you but you guys' should be able to push the truck without a PDA with the exception of possibly looking for secondary or third locations for certain items.

Yeah when I worked at Home Depot our "PDA's" that we had there you could make calls and answer calls on. They were a bit more bulky and looked a lot like the LPDA's that we have now. I think it will be an easy transition with the ipod touches after spring time. They just have to allow us to be able to DL skype or facetime. There will I am sure have to be some sort of functionality to disable people from making calls to random people from outside the store but I don't see a ton of TM's doing that anyways. I hate how some of our TM's are just taking the ipod touches and using them. IE the truck pushers, not hating on any of you but you guys' should be able to push the truck without a PDA with the exception of possibly looking for secondary or third locations for certain items.
I want the TMs on flow to have the my devices, it means there is no excuse when they don't do those secondary locations and they can get through a repack without leaving it on the floor and forgetting about it. We have a lot more and they really need to spread out and be more useful.

I want the TMs on flow to have the my devices, it means there is no excuse when they don't do those secondary locations and they can get through a repack without leaving it on the floor and forgetting about it. We have a lot more and they really need to spread out and be more useful.

Well there are the regular PDA's that will tell them just as good where the secondary locations are.

Well there are the regular PDA's that will tell them just as good where the secondary locations are.
LPDAs are going the way of the Dodo and they plan on taking a chunk of the regular pdas as well. The regular PDAs will basically be restricted to receiving and a few other work centers.

The First Phones have been updated. My Home Depot just rolled out the new ones. They are absolutely phenomenal. It is amazing what you can get done when the equipment you're given to do your job actually works.

Anyone dealing with repacks off a truck should have a PDA/myDevice. Ultimately I don't care if the pushers don't have one, but things generally work better when they do. I don't care for wasting time auditing my back stock carts because people aren't checking end caps while I still have 8 carts left to push. I tend to be very protective over my smart carts.

Yes; something is very wrong here...and its new. You're supposed to always stay logged in and only get kicked out after two hours of inactivity. My suggestion... bombard the CSC with reports of this until it's fixed. From what I'm hearing, nobody knows what's causing the problem... so they need more reports of it so they can isolate and fix the problem.

I mean I think the shortest time was maybe like an hour or a little less and I had to log back in. I'm pretty sure the CSC hates me, lol. They call me everytime I put in a mySupport, haha.

Yes; something is very wrong here...and its new. You're supposed to always stay logged in and only get kicked out after two hours of inactivity. My suggestion... bombard the CSC with reports of this until it's fixed. From what I'm hearing, nobody knows what's causing the problem... so they need more reports of it so they can isolate and fix the problem.
UIguy, did you ever find anything else out about the scanner not responding sometimes? It still does it, but ive figured out sometimes force closing the app and reopening it will bring it back up, but sometimes it stills requires a reboot.

Having to relog into them every few minutes is extreeeeemely annoying, especially when you are trying to find something for a guest...

Uh... give me one second let me login.....

Okay, now I have to search for it.....

Sorry we don't have it.,

In my experience, it happens with devices that are constantly telling you "You must connect to targetwifi(whatever the name is) to use this app".

In TSC, I pressed on every iPod that was in the cradle... every one of them had a different background. Now I know what my coworkers do when they're bored. Can't wait for someone to put an inappropriate pic.

Other than that, logging in sucks. Wish we could just scan our discount card.

Does anyone have any issues with the scanner thingy not working after a while? Sometimes restarting it fixes it, other times I just have to get a different device. Its annoying, especially when its busy.

Does anyone have any issues with the scanner thingy not working after a while? Sometimes restarting it fixes it, other times I just have to get a different device. Its annoying, especially when its busy.
Yes. Ever since we got them.

In TSC, I pressed on every iPod that was in the cradle... every one of them had a different background. Now I know what my coworkers do when they're bored. Can't wait for someone to put an inappropriate pic.

Ours are still the Target background, surprisingly. We've had them for 2 months now, too.

My fix for the scanner not working is to tap the search icon, then tap cancel. This will usually reactivate the scanner.

Ours are still the Target background, surprisingly. We've had them for 2 months now, too.

As far as I know, most of ours are still the Target logo. There is one with a selfie background, though. :D

They suck! Logging in all day and the scanner stops working right when I need it. We were told they would replace PDAs but all you can really do on them is item search and print labels.

I think the one I got a few days ago was used by a leadership person prior because I kept getting all those red wire redcard alerts until I went into red wire and logged in. Before figuring that out, I put the thing in do not disturb and the damn alerts kept going despite that. I only mention this because someone mentioned not getting alerts. Also, the red wire notifications show up in the notification pane if you drag the status bar down, so you don't have to open the app to view them. Though I guess it's possible we're on different versions or something.

I have a love hate relationship with those devices. The portability of the iPod, plus the pictures, the access to the target app and cartwheel (though still not sure why there's no generic login or something so I don't have to login to my account see the deals), Internet access (a woman thought the amope was $10 cheaper at Walgreens. I checked. Turns out it was more expensive there.)

But the login thing coupled with all those rules for the ehr password and the lack of features (sim, printing tags...) is just enough for me to not care about the good stuff.

I think the one I got a few days ago was used by a leadership person prior because I kept getting all those red wire redcard alerts until I went into red wire and logged in. Before figuring that out, I put the thing in do not disturb and the damn alerts kept going despite that. I only mention this because someone mentioned not getting alerts. Also, the red wire notifications show up in the notification pane if you drag the status bar down, so you don't have to open the app to view them. Though I guess it's possible we're on different versions or something.

I have a love hate relationship with those devices. The portability of the iPod, plus the pictures, the access to the target app and cartwheel (though still not sure why there's no generic login or something so I don't have to login to my account see the deals), Internet access (a woman thought the amope was $10 cheaper at Walgreens. I checked. Turns out it was more expensive there.)

But the login thing coupled with all those rules for the ehr password and the lack of features (sim, printing tags...) is just enough for me to not care about the good stuff.
How the login should work: it stays logged in forever until you clock out. Then it automatically logs you out, and when you clock in it will let you log in again. Then again, that would require more work to integrate with the timeclock system and a shred of common sense, both of which are lacking from corporate.

Back