MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I feel like it's comparable to an LPDA (which I tend to prefer for most backroom functions). I think what sets the myDevice apart is how fast it is at SUBT9999 things. There's no toggling and it only takes 3 scans.

It's a shame though, they will never be used fully until devices start to be phased out at my store.

They have gotten a crap rep by being unstable crap. And they should have stayed in beta testing until they made the basic function rock solid. But no. They sent them out to stores and now users like me have no time to deal with their crap. Cause they failed one to many times.

Anyone who uses price changes with the my device .. have you guys been getting "Print Error" messages at all? It just started yesterday after they updated them again and it makes it impossible to use them. When I try to print I get the message no matter what I do. This happens with all the devices/different printers. When I restart it it will work for a while, but then start doing it again. Ive tried messing with the printer, disconnecting them connecting again, etc. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue

I started having weird issues today. Everything I would scan would come up "inventory unknown". I would reboot and it would work properly for awhile, give me onhands etc, and then it would start with "inventory unknown" again.

Last edited:
Must be a major issue then. Just checked REDwire and we have a new message that says the myWork update for my store is postponed. I'm literally 5 seconds from screaming.

Last edited:
I know someone else discussed the idea about the PULL functions. Having a separate Backroom Function. Go into it. It has the menu slider like Instocks and Pricing and you choose--I'll use my store for instance, our CAFs drop at 1pm--you select it and it shuts the menu down to that bottom bar and that guides you to the location, scan it, find which item and pull it and the system brings up the next item. It also has the skip button to skip around items for instance BULK instead of running back and forth between Bulk and light duty. I don't see how difficult it to do that. Also the Backroom mode would include STO and SUBT obviously. Then I'd never have to touch a PDA again. I haven't used a myDevice at all this week because I'm having to pull batches and backstock and all that.

Edit: @UIguy PLEASE make something like this happen!
Starting the 18th, stores will receive an update, enabling the subt and other functions. It will be a new Mywork app update. Most stores should be updating the devices ASAP. Hope for the best

Starting the 18th, stores will receive an update, enabling the subt and other functions. It will be a new Mywork app update. Most stores should be updating the devices ASAP. Hope for the best
Unfortunately we had a urgent REDwire that informed my ETL-GE and myself that my store's update has been postponed until further notice...

They're not very effective when doing price change..HOWEVER its a great tool to be used on the sales floor...Gimme the old PDAS any day!!

I found the myDevice very convenient yesterday back stocking the produce cooler after the food truck. I was able to subt and sto all from the same screen. Very nice for keeping things fifo'd and organized. It would suck to use them in the freezer though...

I found the myDevice very convenient yesterday back stocking the produce cooler after the food truck. I was able to subt and sto all from the same screen. Very nice for keeping things fifo'd and organized. It would suck to use them in the freezer though...

Cause I will bet you can't use gloves on the screen. Another fail.

You need to get special gloves that have material in them that triggers the touch screen. It's not like the PDA where pressure is what's needed.

My phone doesn't need special gloves. And yes I know about both styles of screens.. I just wish a couple of our ETL's did, they are why our LPDA's have stab marks from them jamming a pen into the screen so hard.

My phone doesn't need special gloves. And yes I know about both styles of screens.. I just wish a couple of our ETL's did, they are why our LPDA's have stab marks from them jamming a pen into the screen so hard.
I think it depends on how thick the gloves are. If there is a lot of material they won't work, but thinner gloves will work if you press down on the screen harder.

Unfortunately we had a urgent REDwire that informed my ETL-GE and myself that my store's update has been postponed until further notice...
That sucks, I checked my Mydevice, and it didn't have the update yet, The icons for S.A.M and a few others were non existent, had some default image. Weird but I suspect the updates are available only between certain times, I read in our Redwire , and it had the times of 7-10AM.

How does QMOS/TOSS work realistically? From what I've been reading, it's looking like it'll make the process take longer.
I personally haven't used it yet but one thing I was told is that everything is Qmos'd as if it came from the sales floor. So for example if you're Qmosing 2 cases of expired yogurt from the BR dairy cooler, next CAF is going to pull 2 cases to replenish.

I personally haven't used it yet but one thing I was told is that everything is Qmos'd as if it came from the sales floor. So for example if you're Qmosing 2 cases of expired yogurt from the BR dairy cooler, next CAF is going to pull 2 cases to replenish.
So you'd want to subtract the cases before you qmos them?

The prompts are slightly different for qmos/subt on the myDevice than on a PDA. It doesn't ask for a location you got it from (according to the tutorial, it assumes everything is from the salesfloor). Also it only gives quality, out of date, and sample as reasons for tossing if I remember right. Just make sure the system thinks what you are tossing is on the salesfloor and you are good.

So you'd want to subtract the cases before you qmos them?
Well yes of course you would SUBT it out but you're still telling the system that 2 cases of yogurt are getting removed from the sales floor when you Qmos it, so if there is any more of that product back stocked, it will get pulled to satisfy what you Qmosed.

The prompts are slightly different for qmos/subt on the myDevice than on a PDA. It doesn't ask for a location you got it from (according to the tutorial, it assumes everything is from the salesfloor). Also it only gives quality, out of date, and sample as reasons for tossing if I remember right. Just make sure the system thinks what you are tossing is on the salesfloor and you are good.
Right, but what I'm saying is if what your tossing isn't from the SF, it will nonetheless replenish the sales floor.

When doing Research on a Mydevice, is there no way to add additional amounts of a product found? Like if you're in the PDA doing Research you can put "2" then if you find more you can add that number (say 3, for a total of 5) in, provided you haven't closed the task out.

When doing Research on a Mydevice, is there no way to add additional amounts of a product found? Like if you're in the PDA doing Research you can put "2" then if you find more you can add that number (say 3, for a total of 5) in, provided you haven't closed the task out.
On a myDevice no, unless your store has gotten the new update. My store and I'm sure others have gotten their update postponed until further notice, your store may have as well. But until that update you cannot add additional amounts if found. You can only do that on a PDA until then.

I asked my ETL about the lack of features and he said that it's moving slowly so that the system doesn't crash. Smart if you ask me. It could've been a bigger problem if they went all out.

Soooo, new REDwire message. Starting the week of Jan 25 (this week) and running through Feb 10, stores will be updating to new myWork version! Also this fix will include STO, SUBT, TOSS/QMOS, & other existing feature enhancements. AND the scanning sled issue--THANK YOU on this one! Partner with your ETL-GE and/or DAs for store specific update days to share with your store.

Back