MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

Big feature request I somehow hadn't thought of before, but ran into again this morning.

On the PDA Item Search, you can go to the promo/ad info page and see the ad number for a sale. This is super helpful for correcting the many HQ promo/pricing issues we run into every month. Could you make it so clicking on Sale or Temporary Price Cut takes you to the same page on a MyDevice?

Hit the item amt on my device, will tell you the promo info. I had this am for ad item. Also, you use the register for ad info too. Just hit price inquiry & it will list all related dpcis.

This happened twice today: when signing in to mywork, after getting midway through typing my password, the login page refreshed and I had to retype my details. I'm guessing you have a token or something like that on the login page and want it updated, but it's slightly annoying. Also, a numeric keypad for the team member number would be great!

Big feature request I somehow hadn't thought of before, but ran into again this morning.

On the PDA Item Search, you can go to the promo/ad info page and see the ad number for a sale. This is super helpful for correcting the many HQ promo/pricing issues we run into every month. Could you make it so clicking on Sale or Temporary Price Cut takes you to the same page on a MyDevice?

Will look into this and update. Not promising anything for now.

The number keypad is amazing for instocks but could really use an "enter" button with to it; opposite the "backspace" button on the number pad maybe? Sucks to have 90% of what I need for entering DCPIs all in one convenient spot then having to reach across the screen to finish.

The number keypad is amazing for instocks but could really use an "enter" button with to it; opposite the "backspace" button on the number pad maybe? Sucks to have 90% of what I need for entering DCPIs all in one convenient spot then having to reach across the screen to finish.
LOL, I keep hitting backspace (lower right corner) because that's where the Enter key is on the PDA.

Less of a software question. Does anyone know why the MyDevice runs two independent power sources instead of using the sled battery like a battery extender?

My biggest fear when they first announced the MyDevice was that they'd neglect to put in a swappable extended battery. As an overnight store our devices are almost never charged. The one hour charge time advertised doesn't come close to a full charge below 10%.

I remember seeing something about manufacturer modifications to the sleds. If larger modifications are possible, it would be amazing if a larger battery was installed and connected to both iPod and the scanner. Is this feasible?

Less of a software question. Does anyone know why the MyDevice runs two independent power sources instead of using the sled battery like a battery extender?

My biggest fear when they first announced the MyDevice was that they'd neglect to put in a swappable extended battery. As an overnight store our devices are almost never charged. The one hour charge time advertised doesn't come close to a full charge below 10%.

I remember seeing something about manufacturer modifications to the sleds. If larger modifications are possible, it would be amazing if a larger battery was installed and connected to both iPod and the scanner. Is this feasible?

Swappable extended battery is a thing being explored I believe ... also, the way the sleds run/charge was a 'feature' of the sleds that has been extended to allow us to control how they balance each other out. With the 35.70 release that can be controlled a bit more (and with the followup release that's on its tails we'll be able to figure out exactly what numbers are working and which aren't). Sleds will charge the iPod if it gets low and has some juice to share. If you want to experiment a bit, let me know and I can mess w the settings until they balance to an ideal spot.

That's going to be a challenge this black friday. We're going to have 20-30 team members....which is more than the available mydevices....working for over 24 hours. There's going to need to be some kind of swapping/charging plan to make sure we have devices available in toys/electronics/front lanes/LODs etc.

That's going to be a challenge this black friday. We're going to have 20-30 team members....which is more than the available mydevices....working for over 24 hours. There's going to need to be some kind of swapping/charging plan to make sure we have devices available in toys/electronics/front lanes/LODs etc.

Which they will be sure to forget. Glad I open.

Maybe stores should invest in some of those Honeywell charging cables and a portable battery. Then get some fanny packs for the TMs to carry that stuff in.

Maybe stores should invest in some of those Honeywell charging cables and a portable battery. Then get some fanny packs for the TMs to carry that stuff in.
I plan on charging my power packs from home. My mom bought me and the hubby a half dozen really cheap. Most have a mico plug and the cute little micro to lightening adapter....so I can use for my phone or the ipod. :)

This happened twice today: when signing in to mywork, after getting midway through typing my password, the login page refreshed and I had to retype my details. I'm guessing you have a token or something like that on the login page and want it updated, but it's slightly annoying. Also, a numeric keypad for the team member number would be great!

Best would being able to scan your TM discount card. Long ago this worked with the PDAs.

I was playing around with the new iPods in electronics and they're so much faster. I wonder if they're going to switch over to them anytime soon.

When an item is stolen, we report it as an "Empty package." It can be done on the GS registers or on the PDA/PDT under "sort stuff" This lets AP know exactly where it was found so that they can review video much easier later on.

I plan on charging my power packs from home. My mom bought me and the hubby a half dozen really cheap. Most have a mico plug and the cute little micro to lightening adapter....so I can use for my phone or the ipod. :)

Most of the time the iPod has a decent charge, its the sled that is dead. That connector? I would love to know what that connector is, looks like micro USB but not quite.

Most of the time the iPod has a decent charge, its the sled that is dead. That connector? I would love to know what that connector is, looks like micro USB but not quite.
We still have one sled without screws...Not sure how it got missed, but it did. So i can direct charge the iPod. If you work pricing or instocks or backroom it's always been 4-6 hrs before the iPod dies. Constant scanning will kill it.

We still have one sled without screws...Not sure how it got missed, but it did. So i can direct charge the iPod. If you work pricing or instocks or backroom it's always been 4-6 hrs before the iPod dies. Constant scanning will kill it.

Yep we have a couple, even the ones with bolts are no biggie. I have the correct driver. And I do In-Stocks, I kill the first one in two hours cause it is always half dead, I keep looking for another one which I tag with a note and let it charge. It will be good when I come back from first break, swap tags cause the second one will be dead by lunch. Repeat until end of shift.

In my experience, it's the other way around; the iPod is nearly dead but the sled battery is at 99-100%.

Back