MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

New to the forum thus making this my first post. Honestly I just HAD to join after finding this thread and reading the last 10-11 pages. I love MyDevices and what they have to offer and love to spread knowledge to new team members or to people new to MyDevices.

First off, love the new 10-key button, love the ability to edit your searches if you mistype a word or DPCI, but my favorite update from this last time around had to be the slightly bigger research button. Being part of the In-Stocks team I did not know I needed this in my life, since I didn't really have an issue using the last one, but it certainly makes my life easier! Both myself and a fellow In-Stocks TM couldn't believe how something so small helped out our process. It was definitely the highlight of our day lol. Should certainly help cut down on the many mistyped 3s we have in the future. There is one thing I have noticed about the 10-key but I will address that a little later, first a little about me.

After finding out Target was going to roll out the MyDevices I made them a focus for myself, which later earned me one of the Digital Advisor roles at my store. I have knowledge in pretty much everything in MyWork except Price Change, Ordering (PFresh/SB/FA), and TINV. I do partner with Price Change regularly to see how things are working for them. With the new shift on troubleshooting/repair for the MyDevices I have also started working with my store's PMT.

I am glad to see a lot of the issues my store have had recently, like the OHs for PC being funky or the metal rattling around in the Honeywell case, have shown up in this topic. I haven't figure out what was causing the weird OHs for PC but after reading this I will check with them next week to see if it is because they are scanning things too quickly.

We have had 3 or 4 MyDevices that would have issues keeping the scanner alive which two of them had the rattling issue. I hadn't been able to find anyone with the tools to open up a MyDevice until I started partnering with my PMT. He had partnered with some of his peers and what he got from one of them was to stick something in between the Honeywell's battery and the cover. So we started using some small foam sticky pieces (like the ones you put on the bottom of chair legs) and that seems to have fixed the issues we were having. He did end up having to send 3 out for repair due to hardware issues though.

Anyways, that's all I have for experiences for now.

A few things I am curious about/concerned about: (Mostly for the Devs but if others have knowledge they can share that's great)

With stores currently testing out MyDevices only, even for Backroom, what are the concerns/expectations for the MyDevices when it comes to condensation from transitioning from the Freezers/Coolers back into the backroom? Has one of these stores set aside a MyDevice to be used exclusively in that area to see how the battery life holds up or if other issue form?

One thing I have noticed that involves the 10-Key research. I haven't tried this while shooting an EXF/OUT but I am sure the same issue could potentially show up there. I have had this happen twice so far where I would be on the screen to adjust the count in research and a guest would approach me to help them find something. I can't remember if I was working a RIG, shooting RSCH or doing Stand Alone RSCH at these particular times, but I can do some more digging on Monday if needed. Anyways, I noticed that while you are on the screen to adjust a count and bring up the text search box but decide to use the DPCI search instead you are dropped back into the adjust count box which could leave to some miscounts if someone wasn't paying attention. I am not sure if I am just used to doing text searches or what but I was confused when this first happened, because I was expecting the search box to pop up. Has anyone else noticed this? Is my team the only one to experience this?

Did we have a PriceMatch app on the MyDevices for about a week to two weeks, or was I spacing out one day while updating a GS iPad/iPod and think it was a MyDevice?

The last thing I will mention in this post also has to do with with Research and searching for items for guests. I have noticed that, while in research mode, when you are searching for an item and you get to the department breakdown your list will go blank when you try to scroll down and won't fix it's self until you exit the workcenter and do the search again.

That is all I will pack into this post and if it is too long I do apologize.

There was a Price Match app on our MyDevices for a bit. I wasn't a big fan of the design/functionality though. Ideally, a team member should be able to scan a barcode with the app and then get a list of prices of all the competitors we match

There was a Price Match app on our MyDevices for a bit. I wasn't a big fan of the design/functionality though. Ideally, a team member should be able to scan a barcode with the app and then get a list of prices of all the competitors we match
Redwire/mysupport topic about it coming back off because price matching needs to happen at guest service only.

Go to home depot or a better if you have a Fry's Electronics and just buy a T6 torx its worth it. Or if you get a minute the electronics boat may have a small torx set. Ours does. :)
The two sets we had didn't go small enough. T8 and up.

The two sets we had didn't go small enough. T8 and up.
Go to a car parts store like Autozone. You can get sets of Torx screwdrivers or better a little folding set of 8 or ten Torx allen-type keys (often sold from a display shipper on the counter.) Lowe's and Home Depot should have them too.

If you're friends with an auto mechanic they can get individual Torx tools from Snap-On - real pricy though.

Go to a car parts store like Autozone. You can get sets of Torx screwdrivers or better a little folding set of 8 or ten Torx allen-type keys (often sold from a display shipper on the counter.) Lowe's and Home Depot should have them too.

If you're friends with an auto mechanic they can get individual Torx tools from Snap-On - real pricy though.
I picked up a clearance set at Lowe's. Screwdriver not just hex though.

Opened my problem child. Clinking seems to be the sled battery. Folded some paper in there. Worked perfect all day.

You can get them at sears, sorry not paying Snap-On pricing for a work tool, I know that sound wrong but not this place of work. Though I do love my Snap-On tools I got from my dad.

Does anyone know how to fix the no sound when scanning? It's really annoying and it seems to be affecting more mydevices. I think my store is up to 10 of the 28 we have

Does anyone know how to fix the no sound when scanning? It's really annoying and it seems to be affecting more mydevices. I think my store is up to 10 of the 28 we have

Did someone turn down the volume? Or does that not affect the scanner?

Yep. The top level info primarily... but really any of it.
Yes! I love the top level. I use it to compare DPCIs on items to see if they are the same. NOP on the PDAs was that fast and I missed it so. Obviously id like the whole thing to load but hey, it's a start!

Hey let me know if you feel like scan speeds are better today than they have been for the past week...

Aside from one corner of the store where we must have a crappy router or something, I did notice it was a little faster.

Except the MyDevice I was using wouldn't beep when I scanned things. That was a little annoying. Any solution to this? Others have had the same problem as noted on the previous page.

Except the MyDevice I was using wouldn't beep when I scanned things. That was a little annoying. Any solution to this? Others have had the same problem as noted on the previous page.

I know there is at least one MyDevice that does this at my store. I will see if I can find it and then play around with it tomorrow after I get to work. If I figure anything out I will be sure to post my results.

Hey let me know if you feel like scan speeds are better today than they have been for the past week...

I was WONDERING what the update for today was about lol. I didn't notice anything today, BUT I was sluggish myself today and wasn't paying attention to scanning/loading speeds. I will check it out tomorrow and ask a few others to see what their opinion is.

Updated to myWork 0.35.86 today.

Things I've noticed so far:
  1. The "What's new" page was blank
  2. There is no beep when I scan
  3. The change capacity function has be removed, or maybe moved but I can't find it.

So, 35.86 takes away a call we were making to find out about StS items (its configurable now and only on in a few stores). The beep and change cap stuff shouldn't be any different.

The perf gain comes from something outside the app and the way the bits travel around the Targetsphere. Top level scanning is measurably faster - 2x, but, depending on where you are and what you are used to (and what you measure too), it may not feel that different. If it feels better, then hooray it is and we'll have some celebratory cake over here. If it doesn't feel different we'll have consolation cake.

This is weird. Both running the same version. I'm signed onto both of them.
Different OHs, manage inventory/fill from stockroom. I was using the one on the right today (which is what I based my previous post on).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
This is weird. Both running the same version. I'm signed onto both of them.
Different OHs, manage inventory/fill from stockroom. I was using the one on the right today (which is what I based my previous post on).
One of them is showing OF and the other is showing only OH. The one on the right is in fact not on the correct version or its having a issue remembering that it can display OF. One of ours did that and it fixed once a new update came in. I know at HQ they had a issue where all the myDevices had an issue that they forgot they could display OF and capacity changes. It looks like they are on the same version besides the OF vs OH. So I'm not sure. Maybe tag one of the developers?

Last edited:
One of them is showing OF and the other is showing only OH. The one on the right is in fact not on the correct version or its having a issue remembering that it can display OF. One of ours did that and it fixed once a new update came in. I know at HQ they had a issue where all the myDevices had an issue that they forgot they could display OF and capacity changes. It looks like they are on the same version besides the OF vs OH. So I'm not sure. Maybe tag one of the developers?
@mobileFellow

Back