Archived Target New Cashier Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Fri, Sat, & Sun...so no weekends off. You up for that?

Yeah, my availability makes it so I usually work 8 hour shifts on the weekends anyway. So it won't really that different, except a guarantee that I will work every weekend day. I can make plans on weekdays. :)
But, I prefer early shifts - and since I start in the mornings I am hoping I won't have to close on weekends, which will make me happier. :)

So today I was asked if I wanted to work in the cash office three days a week in the mornings. I would start training for the next week. I have worked here since mid April as a cashier, and have now been trained on GS desk. I am happy to be getting trained more and to have a new position, but I don't know what to expect.
Any other cashiers on here who do this? How has it affected your hours? (As in, I will be working Fri, Sat, Sun 7:30-10:30 in the cash office, and then the rest on the floor. Will they make me leave and come back for a later shift or should I just expect to work 7:30 until the end of my shift. Do they ever make people work two separate shifts at Target?)
How do you like it? I don't really know what to expect, this is very out of my past experiences.

Also, I wanted to see if there was a guide up for it, but I wasn't sure where to look. I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything for 'Cash office.'
I know this probably isn't the place for these questions, but I will post them there when I find the correct area. I am asking here because the other person who works in the cash office at my Target is a fellow cashier, so I am making the assumption that this is typical.

Thanks again for any help!
Cash office is the best job in the whole store! Peace and quiet, I loved my little office. Just make sure when you are counting and/or transferring to safe you do not mix up your coins and cash. If you have any questions or concerns you can always ask us. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back