Archived target question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PMT wanders around most of the day either talking about how much he hates his job, how bored he is, or pawning his job off on someone else. Anytime there is an issue with anything front end related, he tells me or the GSTL to do it. If a register goes down and I can't get it back up, he tells me it isn't his job, and if I want it fixed to call the CSC myself. If I need equipment switched around because something dies, it isn't his job, and I should contact the GSTL (or do it myself). Need to make a request to get something fixed? He tells me to put in a work order, knowing full well I am not allowed to do that, so he doesn't have to do it...because if I tell the LOD, it will either get forgotten, or the LOD will tell me to to tell the PMT and have him put in the work order.

He does work with the vendors...and there are days that he does a lot. But there are a lot of days when he is bored out of his mind and not interested in doing anything.

Tonight my GSTL was telling me that we had four new hand scanners come in that the PMT told him last week he would put in. I told him we would probably end up doing it ourselves. The GSTL said I could do it tomorrow. I told him that as much as the PMT makes, I resent the idea of doing his job (while mine doesn't get done).

He told me he doesn't make that much more than I do. I pointed out to him exactly how much I make. My GSTL told me I'm being screwed, I need to get out of Spot and not to put in the new hand scanners.

I rest my case.

PMT's are in charge of vendor relationships too. I'm sure he does more than you know. Try his job for a few months and I'm sure you would rethink what you are saying now.

Are you telling me the PMT is in charge the Pepsi vendor and wine vendor?

You aren't at my store and have zero idea what he foes it doesn't do.

And what did I say that was false? He does all those things. I've even called him out for using his phone for personal business on the sakesfloor.

What I'm saying is that it is a double standard. So I resent people saying ... We are one team.

And what did I say that was false? He does all those things. I've even called him out for using his phone for personal business on the sakesfloor.

What I'm saying is that it is a double standard. So I resent people saying ... We are one team.
The PMT deals with all of the vendors for things like the damn doors that never work, the landscaping, parking lot issues, lighting issues, every time something breaks in Starbucks or Target Cafe they involve vendors, whatever vendor it was that started a fire on our roof this spring, etc, etc.

Also the PMT is a TL equivalent position so if you're a TM, he technically is one of your leaders so careful trying to "call him out" on what he's doing when he can so easily do the same with you and document it. Also yes, the PMT is in charge of all vendor relationships and has a lot on their plate from having to scrap gum off the floor to fixing high scale issues such as equipment malfunctions. The also have to deal with their own PMBP(I think that's the abbreviation) It's a huge responsibility.

Last edited:
He tells me to put in a work order, knowing full well I am not allowed to do that

Why wouldn't you be allowed to put in a work order as a GSA? Also, your PMT sounds like a real gem.

No, maintenance vendors. The ones who fix things that the PMT can't fix on his/her own.

The PMT deals with all of the vendors for things like the damn doors that never work, the landscaping, parking lot issues, lighting issues, every time something breaks in Starbucks or Target Cafe they involve vendors, whatever vendor it was that started a fire on our roof this spring, etc, etc.
I also found it strange you can't put in a work order? Did they give you a reason why? I taught my TMs how to put in work orders as it helps keep our department working properly. If it's an equipment issue, it automatically gets sent to the PMT. Yours just sounds like he is just ready to leave and doesn't care.

Our PMT simply walked around pencil-whipping lists.
He tends to check them off as done even when they're not.
I asked him about two work orders I put in & he said he'd 'fixed' them; I demonstrated that no, they were NOT fixed.
He told me to put in another work order.
I told my TL & he was ticked; next thing you know the PMT was asking me WTF was going on.
Seems my TL went thru both SB & FA, sending him a long list of neglected repairs.
He also tipped off the STL about checking off non-repairs.

if this were true the real break-in would be very quiet. everyone talks about work on their breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back