I'm Lost! Target Red credit card

How long did it take for your Target red credit card to arrive? I applied for one back in September but I still haven’t heard if I got approved. I don’t know it’s delayed because I applied before my first paycheck came through.

I was approved on the spot and had my physical card in less than 2 weeks.

In store, you're either going to get approved or you'll get a "more information required" response. If it's the latter, you would get a letter in the mail.

How long did it take for your Target red credit card to arrive? I applied for one back in September but I still haven’t heard if I got approved. I don’t know it’s delayed because I applied before my first paycheck came through.
Call RedCard guest services (number can be found on google)

I had applied online. I just called and they said my request for a card was denied due to no credit history.

If you haven't had a credit card before, you'll need some credit history with another issuer before target's bank will even consider you for a redcard.

Years ago, store credit cards were the easiest ones to get for people with no credit history. That's no longer the case. Consider the debit redcard, but you'll need to bring a paper check to the store (or apply online, which won't give your TMs any brownie points/recognition for signup). Just remember transactions on the debit card don't clear instantly. You might make a purchase with your debit redcard on Saturday but it might not clear your account until Tuesday or even Wednesday. It's more like writing a check in that there's some float time, just be careful so you don't overdraft your checking account.

P.S. The "more information required" message does not mean that any guest has actually been declined. The Red Card bank may need to verify the guest's address or identity or double-check the guest's credit report. I saw on Credit Karma that about 65% of redcard credit applications are eventually approve. About 25% of sign-ups get "instant approval" on-the-spot, while the majority receive the "more information required" message. Of these, many are eventually approved for the redcard while others are denied. YMMV

If you haven't had a credit card before, you'll need some credit history with another issuer before target's bank will even consider you for a redcard.

Years ago, store credit cards were the easiest ones to get for people with no credit history. That's no longer the case. Consider the debit redcard, but you'll need to bring a paper check to the store (or apply online, which won't give your TMs any brownie points/recognition for signup). Just remember transactions on the debit card don't clear instantly. You might make a purchase with your debit redcard on Saturday but it might not clear your account until Tuesday or even Wednesday. It's more like writing a check in that there's some float time, just be careful so you don't overdraft your checking account.
TMs no longer get credit for signups, sadly. it's just listed on a store level.
P.S. The "more information required" message does not mean that any guest has actually been declined. The Red Card bank may need to verify the guest's address or identity or double-check the guest's credit report. I saw on Credit Karma that about 65% of redcard credit applications are eventually approve. About 25% of sign-ups get "instant approval" on-the-spot, while the majority receive the "more information required" message. Of these, many are eventually approved for the redcard while others are denied. YMMV
100% true. one time a guest got it and called RC services right there and they said it was just because her address was like 123 Main St, #210, when they expected 123 Main St, Apt. 210. I always tell the guest to call RC services for more info.

Also-- if you ever have to manually type address-- ALWAYS put the last four of the zip in as 0000 (unless you know what they are) [EX: 12345-0000]. If you don't, sometimes the register will error out and you'll have to start all over (learned the hard way)

Back