Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol reading these comments makes me laugh cuz I don't do any of that. I'm that employee that picks up trash that I find on the ground wherever I go and zones stuff even when I'm not on the clock (Yeah I know I'm weird don't judge it's just the way I am)

Are you new? Once you find out that daily there's 100 things to be done but you only have time to do 50 of them even if you rush everything, you'll start doing your own little sins.

My only other retail job, my pace was considered really quick and I routinely had things done before everyone else. Same pace starting at Target, I was considered a sloth.

- Hang around the store longer than my shift to pad my hours (I do actually work instead of just walking around though; back during the holidays I would stay an extra hour to hour and a half every other day or so and nobody said anything).
-

I do this all the time! my etl totally knew it, but she also knew i got shit done so she never complained. We just got a new etl so hopefully he lets me slide a little too, sometimes i can pad as much as 5-6 hours on top of what i was scheduled that week.

Reactions: L4D
Been volunteering the in ad coupons for the $5 g/c on beauty, etc when the guests weren't even aware of the offer. Then I circle on the receipt the survey info and ask for their feedback. ;)

Update: Wasn't feeling it the other day, so if the guest didn't present the coupon, they didn't get the $10 g/c for apparel.

Are you new? Once you find out that daily there's 100 things to be done but you only have time to do 50 of them even if you rush everything, you'll start doing your own little sins.

My only other retail job, my pace was considered really quick and I routinely had things done before everyone else. Same pace starting at Target, I was considered a sloth.
Not really. it's just a weird habit I have.

Lol reading these comments makes me laugh cuz I don't do any of that. I'm that employee that picks up trash that I find on the ground wherever I go and zones stuff even when I'm not on the clock (Yeah I know I'm weird don't judge it's just the way I am)
You're also the one making the same amount as people who don't do any of that or gives a damn

Not saying you're bad, but you gotta keep your payrate in perspective.

You're also the one making the same amount as people who don't do any of that or gives a damn

Not saying you're bad, but you gotta keep your payrate in perspective.
True. I don't do it out of obligation. Like I said it's just a weird habit I have. I couldn't care less what other people do. No judgement here

I make good with most of the vendors that come through and a lot of them leave me "samples" pretty much any day they come through. Frito delivers three times a week so that means three morning of the week I've got some spicy doritos to help wake me up.

I’m not sure if this actually counts since I didn’t know I was doing anything wrong but

When i first started my ETL AP took a liking to me bc I got hella recoveries in SCO and so when she was LOD she would pull me off the lanes to do reshop/zone

All I was ever told about doing reshop is scan it and put it in the right place in the aisle

I was doing domestics reshop and I had a bunch of stuff that had to go back but there wasn’t enough room for it on the shelf and all I knew was I couldn’t come back up there with stuff in my cart so I’d just put it around/on top/ in empty spaces near where it was supposed to go.. I remember one time I was putting big glass jars on an endcap and there was only room for 3 and I had about 7 in my cart so I just scooted over and mixed up all the other size ones to make room for mine to go next to the other big ones omg

I only just learned like 3 months ago if there isn’t room that’s okay, you can just backstock it

RIP

I haven’t worked reshop in a while lmfao

Also while zoning: I didn’t know what to do with stray reshop I would find so I’d just hide it in the back of the shelf good god

I’m not sure if this actually counts since I didn’t know I was doing anything wrong but

When i first started my ETL AP took a liking to me bc I got hella recoveries in SCO and so when she was LOD she would pull me off the lanes to do reshop/zone

All I was ever told about doing reshop is scan it and put it in the right place in the aisle

I was doing domestics reshop and I had a bunch of stuff that had to go back but there wasn’t enough room for it on the shelf and all I knew was I couldn’t come back up there with stuff in my cart so I’d just put it around/on top/ in empty spaces near where it was supposed to go.. I remember one time I was putting big glass jars on an endcap and there was only room for 3 and I had about 7 in my cart so I just scooted over and mixed up all the other size ones to make room for mine to go next to the other big ones omg

I only just learned like 3 months ago if there isn’t room that’s okay, you can just backstock it

RIP

I haven’t worked reshop in a while lmfao

Also while zoning: I didn’t know what to do with stray reshop I would find so I’d just hide it in the back of the shelf good god
Also your GS probably loved you for having all the guest price challenges

But not gonna lie I did similar things the one time they had me zone shoes. I’ve never had to do it again :p

All bets are off when it comes to bullseye though

There are days that I just don't have the mental energy to keep track of which guest took how many back. Those days I make a big deal of counting the items going in with the hopes that guests feel like I'm watching closely and they won't call my bluff by sneaking stuff out.

Wait weren't you saying a week or two ago that you're a new employee? Am I confusing you with someone else?
Yes and no. I work at target for 3 months in market and about a month ago got hired at a different target in beauty... so I guess I'm not technically new but I definitely don't know everything

Sometimes when I see a guest I've directed to the quicker moving check-lane, stand right between two to see which one was going to move faster, I'll direct another guest into the faster of the two lanes just so that other guest has to wait a little while longer. :eek:

Trust the GSA. GSA is good, GSA is wise. GSA wants you to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather as much as you do. Trust me.

I used to work my ass off, go above and beyond, run literally every direction to find the item a guest needed, come in every shift when I was scheduled and stay late, come in for every shift I was called in to cover for and stay late, pick up extra shifts, run myself ragged, learn new areas, excel in those areas, work in even more new areas to help out.

Now I’m being lectured (possibly “coached”, not sure..). Not sure if it’s worth it... any advice?

OMG if we got caught with a drink at boat they'd have a heart attack. Course fitting room has drinks, lotion, hand sanatizer. Guest service & GSA have drinks. All this stertech violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back