Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG if we got caught with a drink at boat they'd have a heart attack. Course fitting room has drinks, lotion, hand sanatizer. Guest service & GSA have drinks. All this stertech violations
Trying working SB counter & have cashiers come over for drinks to take to their lanes & we can't have so much as a cup of water in the back because of 'maintaining a clean & safe food-prep area'.

Last edited:
If the horrible GSA isn’t working, I’ll have a refresher or soda at the checklanes or guest service. Sue me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don’t feel like it’s a big deal when one of my GSTLs always has a coffee whenever he’s working out at the lanes.

Game system inventory searches make me want to tie a noose to a z-rack and hang myself. I do a search and I get the game system....in black. And in red. And with X preloaded game. And with Y preloaded game. If there's memory differences, all those. And all accessories. And best yet, every single game made for that system. So I'm wading through nearly a hundred items looking for one specific thing. Needless to say, if I get a call looking for a game system it goes straight to Electronics.

So here's my sin I'm confessing. A few days ago someone called 4 minutes before closing looking for a game system. 4 minutes. I knew I couldn't find it in that time, and I had another night of too much to do and every second counts. I also knew that if I passed on a call to Electronics (or anyone) 4 minutes before closing my severed head would be displayed on a pike at the Electronics boat as a warning to all other FROs to not do that. So my response -

"I'm sorry sir, but since it is so close to closing time the computers have already been shut down and I am unable to do inventory searches. I recommend calling back when we open tomorrow."

"accidentally" hitting the talk button on the walkie when I hear a convo (long ass work-related convo and/or not work-related convos.) that is supposed to be switched to a different channel smh... I regret nothing.
I do it all the time. I would intermittently hit the talk button so their convo gets cut off constantly. Or I would go to the channel they're on and I would listen.

Not sure this counts as a Target sin or not but sometimes leadership has me explain processes to vendors and sign for vendor stuff if they don’t feel like dealing with it and receiving isn’t around to herd the vendors.

Lmfao it’s great isn’t it? I haven’t tried going into their convos but it’s tempting sometimes
I do it when no one is around or if I'm in the ambient room. Sometimes they would talk about nonsense like what to get for lunch or they would talk about stuff the team should know like who will cover who or who called out. It's the best thing ever listening to them. And especially cutting them out or playing ghetto music on channel 1 and they would be like "Team, check your walkies" for what? For a portable music player hooked to the talk button? I just don't get that.

Not sure this counts as a Target sin or not but sometimes leadership has me explain processes to vendors and sign for vendor stuff if they don’t feel like dealing with it and receiving isn’t around to herd the vendors.
I tell them I'm not comfortable doing it and they never bother me again.

I tell crazy coupon lady's I'm the highest manager in the building right now and I won't be honoring their shady coupon or price challenges

Same. Done that a few times. Probably totally not okay, but I'm sure the LOD appreciates it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back