Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't show up early for your item as in turn, for GSTMs, don't tell backroom to stop what their doing to pick these items

We'll get to it. Most of time y'all do that we honestly just wait until the last two minutes of the order before bringing it up
An OPU dropped, so I went to pick it. As I was picking the item, not even 2 minutes after it dropped, the GSTM calls and asks if I could pick this item ASAP because the guest was there waiting. Hoping the guest was listening to the walkie, I said I'm picking the orders in the order they dropped in and I'll be up as soon as I can. Being the only order I was actually picking, I went and backstocked for 10 minutes before bringing it up front.
I can't speak for others but I always tell guests who come in early that I'm happy to check the status of the order but they come up in the order they were received so you may have to wait up to 2 hrs.

whenever I call back I always say "hey what's the status of XXX order" not "can you bring XXX order up"

I can't speak for others but I always tell guests who come in early that I'm happy to check the status of the order but they come up in the order they were received so you may have to wait up to 2 hrs.

whenever I call back I always say "hey what's the status of XXX order" not "can you bring XXX order up"
If only other GSTM were like that then. Ours will call every five mintues "The guess has been waiting X amount of time" Like we actually care. The order will get down within the hour. Most of time we usually are working on something else

The the worst is when GS sends the guest to find us on the floor to give them the item

Like, no random guest, I can't just give you this Apple Watch to walk around the store with. I have no idea who the fuck you are

If I'm fairly busy and notice a spill that's 1) nowhere near my area and 2) unlikely to make anyone slip, I. Saw. Nothing.

When I backup I'll forget you can type in DOB for liquor sales again, and make people physically hand me their ID to scan.
Half the time it's me legitimately forgetting. The other half is me power-tripping, because no, you don't get to buy alcohol after flashing me your ID for two seconds, even if it interrupts that terribly important phone call. :rolleyes:
That's not a sin anymore. The register will require a supervisor override.

If only other GSTM were like that then. Ours will call every five mintues "The guess has been waiting X amount of time" Like we actually care. The order will get down within the hour. Most of time we usually are working on something else

The the worst is when GS sends the guest to find us on the floor to give them the item

Like, no random guest, I can't just give you this Apple Watch to walk around the store with. I have no idea who the fuck you are
Yeah those GSTMs aren’t good. I just tell the guest if you want I can cancel the order and you can find it on the floor yourself but they get an email saying DONT COME UNTIL YOU GET THE SECOND EMAIL so idk

That's not a sin anymore. The register will require a supervisor override.
When they first introduced the scanning function, entering a DOB manually required a supervisor. Then eventually they dropped that part, so you can type in the birth date without a supervisor now, even though it will still prompt you to scan if the guest allows it. (At my store anyway.)

That seems uncalled for.

Bad day?
They are kinda right but that's actually a good thing. There's no reason to take a job like 100% serious 100% of the time. It's good to bend the rules and shit a little. Most of time it leads to being more efficient

Like, we aren't supposed to walk on pallets/climb shelves, but we do to get out shit done quick
Or not responding to every lost kid alert because Target is a small ass store and no one actually gets lost. So you finish your cart of backstock instead of looking out for a irresponsible adult
Or you just throw that random clearance in the fucking thrash because fuck spending 10 minutes trying to track down the dcpi

If everyone followed the rules to the letter, a lot of shit just won't get done. I get mostly closing shifts now, can you imagine what BR work would get done if I went and snitched on myself because the new rules say you can't use powered equipment if you have a near miss? lol the closing LODs don't know how to train you on that shit. You might as well go home

An OPU dropped, so I went to pick it. As I was picking the item, not even 2 minutes after it dropped, the GSTM calls and asks if I could pick this item ASAP because the guest was there waiting. Hoping the guest was listening to the walkie, I said I'm picking the orders in the order they dropped in and I'll be up as soon as I can. Being the only order I was actually picking, I went and backstocked for 10 minutes before bringing it up front.
If I have a guest do this, I will ask them if they have received an email letting them know the order is ready. if not, I will tell them that we have up to 2 hours to pull the order and it says this in the email they receive. I then tell them if they do not want to wait then they are welcome to purchase the item from the floor. If it has been a while since they placed the order, then I will sometimes call the BR to see where they are in picking up orders.

I've honestly started keeping a PDA at Guest Service so I can look up the order details when somebody fucks up or does something stupid with an order

go into the PDA, log into myFA, and then scroll down to Order Inquiry and scan the order barcode or an item and it'll tell you who it is for, the order number, and the TM who pulled it.
Thank you for this information. I hate getting an order for a guest to find out the item is broken, the box is damaged, the item is incorrect, etc.

The reality is though, that's not accurate enough to tell what happened to the item. There are plenty of times, where there is one item left, and it's legit a mess. The lod will ask if the item itself is broken, and if not, fill the order no matter the box.

So you'll look up an order, in an atemp to do...what exactly? There's actually no rule saying we can't fill an order with whatever condition the box is in as long as the item is fine. Worst cast, we use a sticky note to let GS know to cancel it and sell it as repackage or as is.
To me this is common sense, if the box is heavily damaged then the item should not be used to fulfill the order. I have had guests come to pick up an order only to find out the box is heavily damaged and they were planning on giving the item as a gift. I've had furniture boxes that have been pulled that are opened and missing pieces, furniture boxes that are totally ripped on one side, toy packaging that is heavily damaged and not acceptable to keep on the sales floor.

Normally a damaged box would require us to defect it out. Most guests do not want to purchase an item if the box is damaged; especially if the item is a gift.
Well apparently my DTL doesn't care about that as long as the guest gets in the store. We were told to fill all items, package or not if we have the item. That includes softlines items with missing labels that fit the pic given. We can re-tape boxes and offer a certain percent off. If they still don't want it, they will probably walk into the store to find and buy something else

Well apparently my DTL doesn't care about that as long as the guest gets in the store. We were told to fill all items, package or not if we have the item. That includes softlines items with missing labels that fit the pic given. We can re-tape boxes and offer a certain percent off. If they still don't want it, they will probably walk into the store to find and buy something else
how does DTL feel about damaging merch on purpose?
doesn't feel too "brand" to me

how does DTL feel about damaging merch on purpose?
doesn't feel too "brand" to me
I think your stuck on that a little too much, it's not a everyday thing. It's a once a while thing where a guest orders a Vacuum and demands i pull it now because they have to go to lunch meeting and needs it 5 minutes so i care a lot less about dropping a box from the top of the ladder than i normally would.

The item itself is fine

I think your stuck on that a little too much, it's not a everyday thing. It's a once a while thing where a guest orders a Vacuum and demands i pull it now because they have to go to lunch meeting and needs it 5 minutes so i care a lot less about dropping a box from the top of the ladder than i normally would.

The item itself is fine
Again, you and your DTL don't have to deal with the guest picking up the item. I have had to deal with too many to count.

Again, you and your DTL don't have to deal with the guest picking up the item. I have had to deal with too many to count.
I have to deal with the guest rushing me to start, pick and locate the order. You got a easy part of the system for the most part.

The item itself is fine
You don’t get it. The guest doesn’t care. They see damaged box and we either have to get a new one (more work for you, I might add) or we have to discount it.
I have to deal with the guest rushing me to start, pick and locate the order. You got a easy part of the system for the most part.
You don’t have to directly deal with guests. Let me tell you, it’s not easy.

You don’t get it. The guest doesn’t care. They see damaged box and we either have to get a new one (more work for you, I might add) or we have to discount it.
It's never more work for us. If the item is fine, and it's not 4Q (because gifts), I'll never pull out another item. With the way they are sto'd, most boxes are in a same condition.

You don’t have to directly deal with guests. Let me tell you, it’s not easy.
I do though. When you spend 90 percent of your time on the floor picking items, guest tend to stop you and make you help them find their entire shopping list.

- Mystery salvage/defectives go into the box, I’m not looking for that.
- I have told many customers that I am the manager just because I knew the LOD would be useless.
- FFTMs I don’t like are the first to go help other areas or do manual labor I don’t want to do.
- 15s usually end up going to be 25s, usually because I just forget when I went up or because I actually want to eat today.
- Everyone is getting carpet bombed in the back, no exceptions.
- I will fart very loudly when alone in the back
- I play with the horn on the power equipment a lot, either mimicking Roadrunner or whatever song is playing on my phone
- I make a lot of passive aggressive signs and tape them up everywhere, especially the employee only mens room. Flush you goddamned animals, also don’t shit on the seat its not that hard
- I mock a lot of leaders
- I am very vocal about my displeasure with district and above, so usually I get visits off
- When asked to make bales I “forget” or just raise it later since usually it’s fine
- I go out of my way to avoid guests but try to stick to the back or side aisles as much as possible
- Women’s intimates is 88% likely to be inf’d after 2 minutes because it’s never zoned and I’m not digging for it all day
- I will ship out predented cans
- I also won’t wrap cans if they’re the majority of my orders and it’s just myself
- If I get asked to backstock, sometimes I’ll go sit by mobile and chat with them until I have a batch
- Whenever I didn’t feel like working Photo Lab, I would sabotage it so I could focus on GS
- Dollar Spot is never getting done

Guest assistance on the floor tends to be quite different from guest assistance at the lanes or at guest services.
True but most TMs deal with guests. Only ones that dont are probably Receiving (but they deal with vendors) and the early morning BR flow team. Everyone else spends time on the floor at some point.

I regularly call my dimwit softlines ETL a bitch behind her back. Don't judge me I'm not wrong on this one.
I haven't sold a red card in 3 years. Sorry not sorry.
I do "forget" to grab a walkie when aforementioned ETL is lod. Can't tolerate being called every five minutes.
I guess I'm a truly terrible team member.
There are times I have willingly left my walkie in another part of the store when ETL-HR is lod. She annoys the etls with her incessant chatter over the radio rather than walk to TM location to see what they are up too. So I make her find me and if I have the radio on me, its 'dead'.

I rarely surrender a mydevice. since its gotten to 5 hour shifts I dont take a break at all. (more than that I will but thats different)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back