Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've worked Flex / Backroom for almost three Years now in two different Stores across the Country. And in both Stores you would be coached for doing any of that. I don't know what else to say because the truth is our Job, Even in Backroom, Isn't for Fun its so we can provide the best experience for the Guest. And also we're a Team, Leaving your Team to deal with your mess like that is, Truly honestly disgusting.

I've worked Flex / Backroom for almost three Years now in two different Stores across the Country. And in both Stores you would be coached for doing any of that. I don't know what else to say because the truth is our Job, Even in Backroom, Isn't for Fun its so we can provide the best experience for the Guest. And also we're a Team, Leaving your Team to deal with your mess like that is, Truly honestly disgusting.
I don't care about the guest. DTLs orders are if the item is fine, fill. We have stricter calls for 4Q but thats gift season. We don't defect out diapers because the box is bent. We wouldn't make any money.

It’d be great if we could return to the original intent of this thread which, correct me if I’m wrong, was a confessional. And in the religious understanding of confessional, you make a statement and even if it is ballsy or shocking or bothersome, it is received without comment or judgment.

Just a thought bc this thread has turned into anything but....

I’d say Guests First. This confessional has gone so downhill. Us revealing all of our non-brand stuff we do creates more argument towards each other. If there was a way to make our names Anoynumous on this thread, people wouldn’t be going back and forth but that’s very unlikely.

I’d say Guests First. This confessional has gone so downhill. Us revealing all of our non-brand stuff we do creates more argument towards each other. If there was a way to make our names Anoynumous on this thread, people wouldn’t be going back and forth but that’s very unlikely.
That used to be a feature on this forum. Is it not any longer?

When done deliberatly that's a problem. You're now shifting it to "it's the last item", which wasn't the initial case, but ok.

Done responding too
Thats because the convo shifted. Like using damage items in general is bad. Even if it's not the last item I still will use a damage box. People in the store shopping have lower chance of buying that item. At least the flex guest might be in a rush a not care

I get really excited to clear the restroom checkup reminders because I like to push the buttons and then hear the response over the walkie

We can’t just tell a guest that. We have to make it right. That’s our job.
Yes, you can. They dont know the what you have. They dont know the process. They are just there to get someting. You are in control. 'I am sorry. This is ALL we have." and be firm. Either they will give up or they will take it.

Yesterday, I was caught right before I closed out to deal with guest who wanted a dyson. He had this app called slickdeals who said we have a dyson on clearance. We don't. I knew this. I told him this. He didn't believe me. So I had him click the button to link to target.com. And guess what? He was at the wrong store. I couldnt make it right because its not possible.

You don't to make it right no matter how much the ETL say this. Your goals are to sell product and get the bulk of the people happy enough to come back.

Houston has 6 million people and there 84 store in the metro area. Its easy to do both, Don't make it harder. Give it to them without the box.

Thats because the convo shifted. Like using damage items in general is bad. Even if it's not the last item I still will use a damage box. People in the store shopping have lower chance of buying that item. At least the flex guest might be in a rush a not care
buddy, I get it. You should see how much is tossed in housewares, pets and groceries do to guest damage. Cosmetic damage can be fixed or discarded. Others can't. Be your own self and be happy. Don't let others steal it.

Yes, you can. They dont know the what you have. They dont know the process. They are just there to get someting. You are in control. 'I am sorry. This is ALL we have." and be firm. Either they will give up or they will take it.

Yesterday, I was caught right before I closed out to deal with guest who wanted a dyson. He had this app called slickdeals who said we have a dyson on clearance. We don't. I knew this. I told him this. He didn't believe me. So I had him click the button to link to target.com. And guess what? He was at the wrong store. I couldnt make it right because its not possible.

You don't to make it right no matter how much the ETL say this. Your goals are to sell product and get the bulk of the people happy enough to come back.

Houston has 6 million people and there 84 store in the metro area. Its easy to do both, Don't make it harder. Give it to them without the box.

If it is absolutely the last one that is fine. The issue is if a team member damages the item on purpose and then I'm called over to deal with the angry person. I go and see there is more in the floor in good condition, you just made my job harder because you wanted to be an ass to the guest but it actually falls back on the team.

Damage items happen, but it's clear the person who said he damages items on purpose didn't realize how it affects other team members. That NPS score is serious, don't make things worse.

I actually had a team member that did this. I assumed it was the last item and told the guest that. She cancelled the order. Few mins later she came back and had it in perfectly fine shape and caused a scene at guest service. I had to deal with it. Later I found out what that team member did.

I have no problem with unsellables and repacking.

If it is absolutely the last one that is fine. The issue is if a team member damages the item on purpose and then I'm called over to deal with the angry person. I go and see there is more in the floor in good condition, you just made my job harder because you wanted to be an ass to the guest but it actually falls back on the team.

Damage items happen, but it's clear the person who said he damages items on purpose didn't realize how it affects other team members. That NPS score is serious, don't make things worse.

I actually had a team member that did this. I assumed it was the last item and told the guest that. She cancelled the order. Few mins later she came back and had it in perfectly fine shape and caused a scene at guest service. I had to deal with it. Later I found out what that team member did.

I have no problem with unsellables and repacking.
That TM wasn't slick. He should have took the normal item off the shelf and hit in in the flex cart or something

or lied lmao

Taking an extra 5 minutes break or putting a rotten food item in toss without being qmosed is one thing but willfully damaging target merchandise is something very sad.

Some of these responses made me laugh but some left me angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confessions/sins.....this has been an interesting thread to read. There are some things I expected to read and a whole lot of things I didn't expect to read. How sad it is to learn about some of the things about TMs who work at Target. I thought that people were, generally speaking, good at heart. It saddens me to have to know how awful some people can be....and be that way purposely.

Just keep in mind that everything that is done in a hurtful way or vengeful way affects Targets bottom line....which, in turn affects how much money we see (or rather don't see) in our paychecks.

I'm thinking that now might be a good time to lock this thread.

I think it's gonna get picked up by buzzfeed or something, so... Maybe it should get "accidentally lost" before it bites us in the ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back