Archived Target Storefront

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been doing 1+1 service standard at Guest Service because no one was able to tell me how long a guest should be waiting before we call backup.
It all depends on what types of issues I am dealing with. Easy returns and I can fly through. Playing the "which card did I use game" or "I want to place an online order" then I call for backup if I see one person in line.

Okay, so serious question for anyone who knows. We can't label them as online and put them to the floor, and we can't send them to salvage. What the heck are we supposed to do with them when they get returned?
Trash... We can't even donate them.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

one of the many things that makes target better than Walmart is the fact that there's no marketplace. I'm ok with it as long as market place can't sell items target sells.

Target is not any better than Walmart. I don’t understand why so many people seem to view target as better. Same store different paint job. Target copies everything that Walmart does

Yeah and the company will rememburse target but it will effect the stores daily sales

So where does that chargeback eventually go? It should make it back to the store at some time.

So where does that chargeback eventually go? It should make it back to the store at some time.
I’m sure eventually it’ll fall into our yearly or monthly sales but I assume it will hurt us for daily sales just like every other return

Okay, so serious question for anyone who knows. We can't label them as online and put them to the floor, and we can't send them to salvage. What the heck are we supposed to do with them when they get returned?
Take them outside of the truck dock area and set them on fire. You all think I am kidding?

3rd parties = private sellers?????
ebay

All this junk will go straight to toss.

Fixed that for you. Also see you all thought I was joking about burning it.

Last edited:
Is this viable for the 3rd party that sells clothing? We have certain guests at my store who will buy a particular item of clothing and will add a different size or color because they need to physically see it on them before they commit.
I understand why it will be considered toss, but it just seems so wasteful.

I'm deeply uneasy about the idea of adding 3rd party sellers. It seems like 3rd party sellers have gotten well into the realm of scammers and rip-off artists. I hardly buy from Amazon these days because of it. I doubt they'll be anywhere near as "carefully curated" as advertised. At first, maybe, not once the money starts rolling in and there's little incentive to say "no" when someone wants to sell on your platform.

Until a few months or years down the line when online sales have dropped because nobody can trust you and then you're scrambling to fix the problem but the damage is already done. Amazon is big enough that this doesn't matter as much, but with Target it will.

I could not find anything on workbench about this change.
Your GSTL, ETL-GE, and STL all got the email that someone posted above. I don’t think it’s on workbench yet but I can imagine they’ll stick it under specialty returns section.

Yup, the email with instructions was already posted on the counter above all the ESIM supplies and printers at IGS at my store. We have yet to see a storefront return though.

I think it’ll be a little bit more curated than Walmart or Amazon. I don’t think that Target is going to just lend it’s brand to any random who signs up and has a paypal account.

I think it’ll be a little bit more curated than Walmart or Amazon. I don’t think that Target is going to just lend it’s brand to any random who signs up and has a paypal account.
this. I think it will have to be real companies not Joe shmo

I have two of these returns and they were not easy returns. In fact, we could not do the returns and the guests had to contact the sellers to do the returns. Not liking this!!

Target is not any better than Walmart. I don’t understand why so many people seem to view target as better. Same store different paint job. Target copies everything that Walmart does
Starbucks isn’t in Walmart. Walmart SCO sucks.

That’s all I need to go to Target over Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back