Archived Target stores open until 9pm on christmas EVE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hasn't even been officially announced at my store yet. Most of the people I mention it to seem shocked. Are they arelly going to wait til the week of Christmas Eve to say something? Probably.

I saw a sign-up sheet above our time clock 2 days ago informing TMs about the store closing time and asking for volunteers.

My store not only didn't care to take volunteers, but our STL insisted that EVERY single team member has to work on Christmas eve with no exceptions. Our store's projected goal is the same as it was for yesterday (Sunday the 11th). On Sunday we had 47% of all team members scheduled, but on Christmas eve every single person has to work. We've got three closing LODs, multiple closing TLODs, with double coverage in every zone and FOUR backroom team members. This is for the smallest store in our district and we're way down to goal for the year. I don't see how they can justify the expense when they aren't even advertising our late we're going to be open. I'm absolutely furious about the amount of disrespect Target has for us. I've worked for this company for many years and this is the absolute low point I've had with Target. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this madness.

My store not only didn't care to take volunteers, but our STL insisted that EVERY single team member has to work on Christmas eve with no exceptions...I'm absolutely furious about the amount of disrespect Target has for us. I've worked for this company for many years and this is the absolute low point I've had with Target. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this madness.

If you keep working for spot, I am sure that the low point will get lower!

My store not only didn't care to take volunteers, but our STL insisted that EVERY single team member has to work on Christmas eve with no exceptions. Our store's projected goal is the same as it was for yesterday (Sunday the 11th). On Sunday we had 47% of all team members scheduled, but on Christmas eve every single person has to work. We've got three closing LODs, multiple closing TLODs, with double coverage in every zone and FOUR backroom team members. This is for the smallest store in our district and we're way down to goal for the year. I don't see how they can justify the expense when they aren't even advertising our late we're going to be open. I'm absolutely furious about the amount of disrespect Target has for us. I've worked for this company for many years and this is the absolute low point I've had with Target. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this madness.

Maybe the STL is going to surprise everyone with a "holiday" party?

Food for though!

We are required to give 19 days notice for a schedule change. I think it ought to go both ways.

Exactly, and yea the surprise would be there is no holiday party. And I don't know about you, but the days I don't have to see my STL or ETL-LOG are the days I enjoy lol

These extended hours on Christmas Eve are such a literal waste. I remember 3 years ago (I think) I was working a Target that got selected to test being open an extra hour more than other Targets. I don't exactly remember what the actual time was though. I do remember that the store was absolutely dead during the last two hours. I think the amount of sales was in the double digits ie <$100 The fact was that barely anyone came in, and for the ones that did, there was nothing worthwhile to buy.

Our store is trying to schedule people who have to close christmas eve off on the 26th. Glad to get two days off in a row. At least they are trying to make it a little fair.... anyone else get scheduled this way?

No volunteers at our store either. A week before the announcement was made, one of the GSTL's was complaining to me that he had to close (at 7). Whelp, they left him working till 7 and I'm there till 10pm now! I imagine the last two hours will drag because who in their right mind would be out that late at night on Christmas Eve shopping.

Our store is trying to schedule people who have to close christmas eve off on the 26th. Glad to get two days off in a row. At least they are trying to make it a little fair.... anyone else get scheduled this way?

Nope, I work late on Christmas eve and have to be back at noon for the 26th here.

last year at my store, we had to chase people out. the last guest didn't leave 'til half an hour after closing....

9pm? That is so wrong. Walmart isn't open that late.

Give 'em time. Either WM will make a last-minute announcement or they won't, because they KNOW that few folks would be shopping at that time. Not worth the sales.

Give 'em time. Either WM will make a last-minute announcement or they won't, because they KNOW that few folks would be shopping at that time. Not worth the sales.

Home office has sent a notice that we will be closed at 8pm. They sent us a closing system and make sure everyone is out of the store.

And the funny thing is they still have 7am to 7pm on the ad.

the ads are printed months ahead of time, so way too late to change them.

And the current way Target seems to be doing things is to keep making changes, keep sending in new signs, or not, communicating the changes, or not, and leaving us
wondering if there is any sanity left at HQ. I am doubting that too. Chasing Wal-mart is embarrassing. Between the Thanksgiving snafu and the Christmas Eve folly, I
think spot is chasing his tail.:hysteric:

Chasing Wal-mart is embarrassing. Between the Thanksgiving snafu and the Christmas Eve folly, I
think spot is chasing his tail.:hysteric:

^This!
Our store didn't ask for any 'volunteers'. Everyone is scheduled as usual & I'm working Christmas Eve. D:
Ho ho ho...

I'm not sure if my store is doing this, but I'm not available on Mondays anyways. :-D

The Target ad that we got in our local paper says that our hours are 7am-7pm. If we can't even tell our guests that we're open, what kind of company is Spot running?

These extended hours on Christmas Eve are such a literal waste. I remember 3 years ago (I think) I was working a Target that got selected to test being open an extra hour more than other Targets. I don't exactly remember what the actual time was though. I do remember that the store was absolutely dead during the last two hours. I think the amount of sales was in the double digits ie <$100 The fact was that barely anyone came in, and for the ones that did, there was nothing worthwhile to buy.

Joy! I'm scheduled until 10 on Christmas Eve. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back