Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
My smaller FA had just had Ice Cream as an extra.

My FA+PHE had everything from Funnel Cakes, Wings, Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream.

Food Ave used to be awesome and relatively cheap compared to fast food.

Classic Food Ave had amazing burgers and chicken quesadillas.
Why did you have to remind me about the quesadillas? Now I miss them with their little cup of sour cream.

And the $.99 cup of soup
And the $2.99 breakfast combo of eggs, bacon/sausage, hashbrowns, and toast
And the Krispey Kreme donuts we used to have in bakery

How about this gem from a couple summers ago: MAKE SUMMER FUNNER.

If I remember correctly, that was on the FOS overhead, so I'd see that and cringe every time I walked into the store.

This holiday season, when they jumped on the bandwagon of adding periods. After. Every. Word. To emphasize the words. They did that in the add, on holiday signing, etc. It's one thing to do it on your Facebook status. It's another annoying thing entirely to do it on your ad campaign.
i could never figure out how I was supposed to say those. cause in my mind you pause after every period. like the one OH. THATS. GOOD. I kept doing that one in a low voice and creeped the hell outta the ETL log.

Technically, cihyfs isn't improper English. It didn't used to mean what Target meant to say. The definition for the word "can" has been expanded, though. Language evolves based on how its used, so dictionaries change as we change the use/meaning of words. I'm sure many older English teachers and grammar "nazis" are not here for that, though.

I still don't care for the phrase, though. Sounds so unnatural when I say it. I think hearing it so much from all the ETLs/TLs when they ask people also made it sound Stepford-y, robotic, cult-y, and brainwash-y. Now I'm imagining my store's "leadership" plugging into chargers at night, and inserting a new disc into their mouths to install the next new Target buzzwords.

I think I love you for this *AMAZING* mental image.

And the Krispey Kreme donuts we used to have in bakery

Back in the day when we actually baked things rather than proof frozen dough, we made donuts from scratch every day. The baker actually worked overnight when the flow team was there.

Back in the day when we actually baked things rather than proof frozen dough, we made donuts from scratch every day. The baker actually worked overnight when the flow team was there.

When was that? In 17 years of Target and grocery stores, I have never seen a bakery that actually made stuff from scratch. It was always "take from freezer, lay on tray, shove in oven, add crappy frosting". My store has always had an overnight "baker" but I have never seen her do anything else.

I can no longer tolerate "status with" or "partner with."

Partner with is almost like a way of someone saying, "yeah, not my problem -- ask someone else" or "I have no clue what the answer is, but I still want to feel like I answered your question, so I'm going to refer you to someone else."

Most despised: guests.
Real "guests" wouldn't do the things in our "house" that our customers do.

Lingerie vs Intimates: with all the outrageous colors & prints, ours was called "Knickers & Snickers".
It wouldn't be nearly as bad if guests would acknowledge themselves as guests. Whenever I refer to somebody as a guest, it's usually followed up by them saying something along the lines of "I'm a customer."

Our store, is filled FILLED with people who will say ... "Can I get _an_ L.O.D. to guest services please?"

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! There may be multiple ETLs in the building but there's only one Leader On Duty at the time.

cheesy peesy

When was that? In 17 years of Target and grocery stores, I have never seen a bakery that actually made stuff from scratch. It was always "take from freezer, lay on tray, shove in oven, add crappy frosting". My store has always had an overnight "baker" but I have never seen her do anything else.

That was long ago. When the Hobart mixer and donut fryer went away, they had to be loaded on Chep pallets. That is how big they were.

"Carriages." IT'S A FREAKING CART.

Wait until someone calls it a "Trolley" or "Shopping Trolley"...

I had a guest refer to the carts as trolleys once. In his defense, he was from India.

Our store, is filled FILLED with people who will say ... "Can I get _an_ L.O.D. to guest services please?"

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! There may be multiple ETLs in the building but there's only one Leader On Duty at the time.

cheesy peesy

They could just say "Leader On Duty" instead like my GSTL.

cheesy peesy
Yes! This drives me crazy! And they all refer to each other as LODs when they aren't which drives me even crazier.

first time I had to call out ....my mom asked "why did you ask for Elody and talk to ABC?" She thought LOD was a person's name

I figure if they call me operator I will call them LOD....when they call me by name I will do the same. That's a term I hate "Operator"....everybody else gets called by name. Operator is just irritating

cheesy peesy

Yes! This drives me crazy! And they all refer to each other as LODs when they aren't which drives me even crazier.

At my store, I just call for 'an L.O.D.' because I just need to have someone walk me at night and sign off on my closing stuff. L.O.D. is synonymous with "whoever-I-can-get-to-get-up-and-come-sign-my-clipboard". It just sounds nicer than saying something like, "Hey, can I get a higher up off their butt for a sec to sign something real quick for me?" over the walkie. :)

That's a weird one, never heard anyone refer to anyone doing FRO as anything other than their name or "who's getting that call/fitting room call."

I tend to call for LOD a lot instead of whoever's name fairly often, but mostly because either A) it's around the time where it tends to change and I'm not sure who it is on any given day/night, or B) Tends to get a response faster because it tends to be a loud-sounding word on a walkie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back