Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 2 Kathy's (neither of us work there anymore). I was salesfloor Kathy & the other one was GSA Kathy. That did help.

At one point my store had three people with the same name plus someone else who sounded similar.

Thankfully one was backroom

Recognition!

We have a newish ETL who is obsessed. Every huddle it's like "who's got some recognition?" "let's get some going!" "Doglover, you got any?" This bugs me to no end as I'm extremely shy speaking in front of groups. If I'm asked in a one-on-one situation or to write a VIBE card, I absolutely will, but don't like saying such things at huddle.

We say re-shop at my store, but my previous STL would call it "abandons." Some stores call it "foreign" or "other worlds" (this one is unique to certain store prototypes).
When we zone sections at my store, we call the shit we find that doesn't belong to that section "other worlds". We use reshop as well

Last edited:
Recognition!

We have a newish ETL who is obsessed. Every huddle it's like "who's got some recognition?" "let's get some going!" "Doglover, you got any?" This bugs me to no end as I'm extremely shy speaking in front of groups. If I'm asked in a one-on-one situation or to write a VIBE card, I absolutely will, but don't like saying such things at huddle.
You could toss a few of these out:
I'd like to recognize Pervis for being less sucky than usual.
And a shout out to Gladys for remembering her name tag (now you know who you are; you GO girl)
Let's not forget Mayfield for getting those little old ladies signed up for redcards (on a fixed income & they had NO idea what they signed up for)
Oh, and a heartfelt thanks to the girls in SL who left me ALL those carts of go-backs because you were playing Pokemon Go in between the racks (yep, I saw you all).

We use reshop too, but I wanted to cover those who use go-backs. I don't find that one strange.

My most hated: Guests! I would never let a guest in my home trash things the way our customers do. I would toss them out on their ass.
Nor would I harass a guest at my house to sign up for a Red Card!

We have this one ETL who calls baskets "hand carts". One day she asked me to distribute them around the store and at first I was like "da fuk?"
Meanwhile people call carts "baskets"..

I can't stand using the term "guest" instead of customer, so I refer people to the "service desk" rather than "guest services". It's hard to keep track of all the Target terms. They try to sugarcoat everything and I find it a little stupid, plus it makes it impossible to have a conversation about my job with someone else since I have to stop and explain that "zoning" means "organizing" and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back