Archived Target treating team members right

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodEar

Former team member
One thing I liked about Target is they, or at least used to, cater food to their team members around the holidays instead of giving out hamburgers from a fast food chain.

One thing I liked about Target is they, or at least used to, cater food to their team members around the holidays instead of giving out hamburgers from a fast food chain.

Asants. We had catered food during the holidays. Remember those burgers during Best Team Survey.

Our ETLs have take out for lunch. Every. Single. Day. No idea where the money comes from, but food in the break room for the team is a rarity...🙄

My ETLs get take out most days. They also pay for it most days, both financially and by getting interrupted 14 times while they eat it.

As the former HRTM I often have to isolate myself in order to be left in peace to eat my lunch..."can you fix my lunch? Did my pto go through? How do I look up my W2?"

My ETLs get take out most days. They also pay for it most days, both financially and by getting interrupted 14 times while they eat it.

As the former HRTM I often have to isolate myself in order to be left in peace to eat my lunch..."can you fix my lunch? Did my pto go through? How do I look up my W2?"

Why my first question when I see HR in the breakroom is "Are you on the clock or off?" If the answer is off, I leave you the fuck alone until you are back on the clock.

Are you in the breakroom for lunch? If you're at your desk, I'd assume you are working.

My first store would order pizza and cater a bunch of stuff on Holiday workdays or hard hit days.

My Super would only requisition stuff from the Deli.

My last store's management would cater stuff for their Exec meetings. As for TMs, Execs only arranged potluck or PBJ sandwiches. Or the infamous Tater Tot/Apple Sauce scandal.

My store has some kind of food event on the weekends (usually like cereal or waffles or something) and then usually one or two random days during the week we have some other kind of event, whether it be fruit snacks or coffee or juice or sometimes a drawing for something like a cafe lunch or $5 movie.

Lol what??
A few of my former TMs made comments that this store's leadership was too cheap to provide TM with meals. One team member made the sarcastic suggestion (which I think leadership figured it out) for the store to provide tater tots and applesauce for a meal. So for one July 4th, the store provided a mountain of Mott's Applesauce and frozen tater tots. While management went out to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back