Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
It prompts me to log in every single time I go into Wallet. That includes when my screen turns off while in Wallet and I turn it back on. To login, it opens the browser, and then the browser displays a page saying Return to Target App. At that point it doesn't matter what I do because it keeps flipping between the Target App barcode and a brand new browser tab saying Return to Target App. I have at times had it open 14 browser tabs before I could get it to stay on the barcode in the app.

I personally hate Wallet. It would certainly be reasonable to log in every time I open the Target app. But logging in just because my screen turned off when the Target app is open? And 14 browser tabs automatically opening? This royally sucks.

It prompts me to log in every single time I go into Wallet. That includes when my screen turns off while in Wallet and I turn it back on. To login, it opens the browser, and then the browser displays a page saying Return to Target App. At that point it doesn't matter what I do because it keeps flipping between the Target App barcode and a brand new browser tab saying Return to Target App. I have at times had it open 14 browser tabs before I could get it to stay on the barcode in the app.

I personally hate Wallet. It would certainly be reasonable to log in every time I open the Target app. But logging in just because my screen turned off when the Target app is open? And 14 browser tabs automatically opening? This royally sucks.
I think I saw somewhere (here?) it's a 2 minute timeout before you have to login again for Wallet as a safety precaution?

I think I saw somewhere (here?) it's a 2 minute timeout before you have to login again for Wallet as a safety precaution?

Not for me. When my screen turns off, even if I immediately turn it back on, I have to log back in. And play "how many browser tabs this time?"

Not for me. When my screen turns off, even if I immediately turn it back on, I have to log back in. And play "how many browser tabs this time?"
That’s weird. It doesn’t even open a browser tab for me. I just touch my finger and I’m good to go. And even if I hit cancel (simulating a phone without fingerprint) it just asks me to sign in in the app, and it’s actually saved my password, so I just tap sign in.

Are you doing this in the browser or the app? the App works fine for me

I love it but I still can't figure out how to get the cartwheel barcode up without the rest of the payment when I don't want to use my RC to purchase things. I've tried going to the cartwheel list and hitting the barcode but it just brings me to camera scan barcode, not an actual barcode.

It prompts me to log in every single time It's I go into Wallet. That includes when my screen turns off while in Wallet and I turn it back on. To login, it opens the browser, and then the browser displays a page saying Return to Target App. At that point it doesn't matter what I do because it keeps flipping between the Target App barcode and a brand new browser tab saying Return to Target App. I have at times had it open 14 browser tabs before I could get it to stay on the barcode in the app.

I thought I was the only one! I was at a different store trying to use Wallet, and I had to explain it to the cashier who had no idea what I was talking about, and of course, when she scanned my barcode, it gave an error. Turned out it was because I loaded it and turned off the screen, and so the barcode "expired" but didn't prompt me to log in again. Awkward.

I love it but I still can't figure out how to get the cartwheel barcode up without the rest of the payment when I don't want to use my RC to purchase things. I've tried going to the cartwheel list and hitting the barcode but it just brings me to camera scan barcode, not an actual barcode.
After you sign in, click on the RedCard icon. Select the no payment option and update. You will just have to remember to change it back.

I just opened the cartwheel barcode in the wallet app in ios when I needed to do that.

In the iOS version of the app, you have to just go to the wallet tab and turn off your payment by tapping it. In the android version you can also do the method I just described or you can tap cartwheel under the wallet tab and tap the barcode in the upper right. For some reason, target thought having two different apps was the way to go.

I haven’t tried in iOS in a week so it’s possible they changed the iOS version to match the android one. I don’t have an iOS device handy to check

When we first got wallet I was able to use my cartwheel barcode separately, now I can't find an option for that anymore. Problem is, I don't pay with a redcard so I like to scan cartwheel and pay separately.. but now it includes my TM discount which the cashier then has to void. The app won't let me remove my TM number from my account.

When we first got wallet I was able to use my cartwheel barcode separately, now I can't find an option for that anymore. Problem is, I don't pay with a redcard so I like to scan cartwheel and pay separately.. but now it includes my TM discount which the cashier then has to void. The app won't let me remove my TM number from my account.
Just scan the barcode with no payment and it will prompt cashier to remove your discount. Honestly though there’s no reason not to use the RC— an extra 5%

Just scan the barcode with no payment and it will prompt cashier to remove your discount. Honestly though there’s no reason not to use the RC— an extra 5%

It took me a long time to get my red card, I had to jump through some extra hoops to get it, and it would have been a lot easier to say to heck with it. Plus if I had a second person on my bank account I wouldn't attach my red card to it because of the three business day delay in my charges showing up. Too easy for a second person on the account to just use online banking, see the available funds, and then overdraft the account by not accounting for the pending charges. So yeah, there's a few reasons to not have one.

How do I void a TM discount? We have a lot of teen TMs using their debit card despite the availability of the debit red card. They know they can’t use their discount but want to use cartwheel

How do I void a TM discount? We have a lot of teen TMs using their debit card despite the availability of the debit red card. They know they can’t use their discount but want to use cartwheel
Same way you void a single item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back