Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I let a guest use my cartwheel if I immediately void out the employee discount off of the transaction or would it be better to just use the missed cartwheel price change if the guest is having difficulty pulling up cartwheel on their phone.
My GSTL told us at my store that we are never under any circumstance to use our own Cartwheel to give a guest the discount. We can use our phone and Cartwheel to verify the discount if it's a small number of items and use K1&K3 to change the price.

Part of the logic behind this is that you're limited to 6 Cartwheel transactions a day. If you let Guest A use your discount, and then Guest B sees it and wants the same treatment, soon you run out of transactions for yourself. Or there's those one use period coupons, like the current 25% off one toy mobile coupon. Another part of is is that if we just give them the discounts, they don't have the incentive to download and use the app for themselves.

Two things that I noticed while using Target Wallet... seeing the total before accepting doesn't seem to be a feature. And it would be nice to have an electronic copy of my receipt send automatically to my email.

I still can't add my red card. Using the fingerprint scanner, it just gives me an http 401 or 403 error. Logging into my spot account doesn't work either. *shrug*
Mine gives the 401 error, but still shows a barcode if I cancel it or log in with Target.com (doesn't seem to care which). Other than that, it seems to have worked fine on my Galaxy S7.

And it would be nice to have an electronic copy of my receipt send automatically to my email.

Meijer's mPerks can do it. So it's probably just a matter of time before Target adds it on. And yes, I totally want this as well.

Mine gives the 401 error, but still shows a barcode if I cancel it or log in with Target.com (doesn't seem to care which). Other than that, it seems to have worked fine on my Galaxy S7.
Logging into target.com didn't work the first couple days...but now I finally got it to work. I still get the 401 error, but logging in to the site works now. Just used it tonight actually. Thanks for the heads up

Meijer's mPerks can do it. So it's probably just a matter of time before Target adds it on. And yes, I totally want this as well.
Walmart Pay does it...the register doesn't even print out a receipt.

The best part of this is I can eat if I forget my wallet. I switch my purse all the time an I’ve forgotten my wallet an embarrassing amount of times. I’ve done store pickup to eat a few times because I didn’t have money. And other times I bought an e-giftcard to buy food.

The best part of this is I can eat if I forget my wallet. I switch my purse all the time an I’ve forgotten my wallet an embarrassing amount of times. I’ve done store pickup to eat a few times because I didn’t have money. And other times I bought an e-giftcard to buy food.
i love if i accidentally throw my wallet in my locker with the rest of my stuff i don't have to run back there on my 15

i love if i accidentally throw my wallet in my locker with the rest of my stuff i don't have to run back there on my 15

Lol you guys just described my shift yesterday. Thought I was going to have to drive home for my 30, used the wallet app at cafe and didn't feel rushed. Made my day tbh

Mperks is great. Simple to use and savings are great. Plus receipts saved online.
Except for when it completely crashes.... Like it did tonight. I didn't even get to redeem my bonus door having spent $X in the last 4 weeks.

Although the savings have definitely gone downhill recently....

Does the app make anyone else log back in every single time you try to switch to the Wallet tab? Super annoying, especially when it's on the slow ass guest wifi.

Used it today for the first time. It has my discount code in there even though I no longer work here and it didn't use it. It was kinda nice.

I have android, but have touch id (whatever it's called on android) and I get the 401 or 403 error every time, so have to 'enter password', every time.
If you report it to the feedback people (profile>give app feedback) they may be able to fix it in the next release.

Does the app make anyone else log back in every single time you try to switch to the Wallet tab? Super annoying, especially when it's on the slow ass guest wifi.

This is purposeful. It’s a safety feature. A lot of mobile payment apps require this. And those that don’t have it as an option. I leave the sbux app unlocked because Idc if someone steals my phone and spends my 30¢ and uses my star reward lol. But I don’t feel the same about the red card. Plus targets already been in enough trouble with security shit. They can’t afford to make it optional.

I have android, but have touch id (whatever it's called on android) and I get the 401 or 403 error every time, so have to 'enter password', every time.

Check the play store to see if there’s an update available. This issue was fixed for me in an update, but I realize how fragmented android is so it may still be messed up on your device

The latest app update fixed the fingerprint issue for me....have you updated the app?
Check the play store to see if there’s an update available. This issue was fixed for me in an update, but I realize how fragmented android is so it may still be messed up on your device

It was updated and still happening.

If you report it to the feedback people (profile>give app feedback) they may be able to fix it in the next release.

I'll do that. I tried it again just now and it didn't work. But now it's keeping me logged in...so not sure if it times out after a certain amount of inactivity. So we'll see. If it comes up again, I'll send the feedback.

Question regarding wallet. Can you enter more than one payment type. For example, I have a target debit card and a credit card. Can I choose which one to use for a particular transaction? Or is it only one option? Thanks.

When you’re on the screen you can tap the payment section and change your payment method. I only have one card on my target account so it just gives me the option of my red card or not paying through the app. I’m assuming if you have 2 red cards, they’d both show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back