Target will pay employees an extra $2 an hour for peak days of holiday season

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
Wow

• Target said it will pay an extra $2 an hour to store and service center employees who work peak days during the holiday season, such as on Saturdays and Sundays in the final weeks before Christmas.
The extra pay will go to store employees and service center employees who work on Saturdays and Sundays from Nov. 20 to Dec. 19, on Christmas Eve or on the day after Christmas.

I wish Target would bump it up a bit more for working on Sunday. The people who shop on Sunday afternoon and evenings act like complete animals.
The union grocery store in my area gets time and half for Sundays even if you aren't at 40 hours. Even a normal 50 cent to a dollar year round shift differential for weekends would be nice.

and it would be nice if the $2 applied from Thanksgiving to New Years Day and did not apply to anyone still on probation.

They don't care about you. Just a select few. That's why they give secret fall bonuses to some and not all.

Some of us work harder than others though. And we were all supposed to have been informed of this possible bonus in April. If you weren't, what can I say, Spot struggles with communication. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If you weren't, what can I say, Spot struggles with communication. 🤷🏻‍♀️

That is putting it mildly.

left-hand-y-u-no-talk-to-right-hand.jpg

They did a $1 differential (IIRC) for Saturdays & Sundays between Black Friday & Christmas during my first year at Spot (would be almost 4 years ago). I think it was that year, anyway. They didn't do it the following year and my ETL said they'd hoped it would help prevent weekend call-outs.

It didn't. Presumably Spot didn't feel it would be worth it to do it again following years. Interesting to see them revive it this year.

Just don’t cut more peoples hours though. 🙄 They better not do that otherwise it’s pointless. I’m all for it as long as hours don’t get cut more than it already is.
We were told today that we have less payroll this month, and they’re going to start cracking down on people staying more than 10 minutes after their shifts. And sales were way down the past couple days. I think people are saving up for holiday shopping.

Back