Target will pay employees an extra $2 an hour for peak days of holiday season

What I was trying to get at if a TM is scheduled only five hours the extra $2 isn't much of an inducement.
If I typically don't work weekends or work short shifts on weekends I'm not going to have an extra incentive to work more hours or work on the weekends for an extra $32 max (before tax)for the entire weekend. And if I want to call off or don't plan on coming in that isn't really going to change my mind either.

If I typically don't work weekends or work short shifts on weekends I'm not going to have an extra incentive to work more hours or work on the weekends for an extra $32 max (before tax)for the entire weekend. And if I want to call off or don't plan on coming in that isn't really going to change my mind either.
Whether it gets people to come in for their shifts or not, it is a nice "thank you" to the TMs who work the weekends, which are usually the craziest during the holidays. I'll take the extra money.

This year Target got really cheap for TMs. $2 extra on just weekends.. really.. the PR spin they put on it makes them sound like a hero but let’s do the math…

12 eligible days
$2 extra per day..
Assume a typical 8hr shift

12 days * 8/hrs a day = 96 hours
96 hours * $2 = $192

Target is giving you an additional $192 to keep you happy this holiday season.. sounds cheap
Wheres my 500 dollar bribe like last year

The dc’s got $2 for 2 weeks in October. The drops are bigger now and they’ve been having mandatory extended shifts on B2. They missed the mark completely. A lot of team members flexed home those weeks and on average I’d say they paid out $135 per team member. I received $138. Thanks….

i’m concerned of how much you get paid hourly if you earn $16 a day 😭

They are talking about the extra two bucks an hour.
If you have an 8 hour shift which is unlikely with Spot, 7.5 is more likely, then you will make an extra 16 bucks that day from their largesse.
It's not a poke in the eye with a sharp stick but it's really a bit of an insult to the people who work so hard all year round.
They should make that raise permanent and give bonuses for Q4.

They are talking about the extra two bucks an hour.
If you have an 8 hour shift which is unlikely with Spot, 7.5 is more likely, then you will make an extra 16 bucks that day from their largesse.
It's not a poke in the eye with a sharp stick but it's really a bit of an insult to the people who work so hard all year round.
They should make that raise permanent and give bonuses for Q4.
An insult if you regularly work weekdays as well. . . because we don't do our job like the weekend people do?

We were told today that we have less payroll this month, and they’re going to start cracking down on people staying more than 10 minutes after their shifts. And sales were way down the past couple days. I think people are saving up for holiday shopping.
We are also told to go before we hit 40 . Our HR is walking around with a list of people who are going to hit 40 and informing them to leave early . I mean would it hurt if we stay like 20 min over 40 hrs 🙄.

We are also told to go before we hit 40 . Our HR is walking around with a list of people who are going to hit 40 and informing them to leave early . I mean would it hurt if we stay like 20 min over 40 hrs 🙄

that list was my jam back in the day and I always did my best to stay on it as often as possible...it never ever ever got old to concern troll the *TLs about the lengthy backlog of tasks remaining yet undone and mayhaps we should let the OT slide just this lil ol once, a suggestion about as well received as a dead mackerel in a dirty gym sock

It's funny how big of a deal hitting OT is yet the Inbound TL of my store REGULARLY goes two hours over 40 hours without permission every week...also, is this $2 temporary raise happening again this year?

Back