Archived Target won't cross-train me after my 90 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
The examples you came up with for how it could be a conflict were things I hadn't thought of, so thanks for the insight. I don't see those being an issue with my sister and I personally, but I could understand why someone might think that. I also know that I'm not entitled to be cross-training, but I was hoping to at least get an idea of when it may be possible or what I could do to prepare for it, which you gave great examples of what I could do to prepare and I appreciate that. Thanks!

As far as timelines go it's impossible to really tell. Like many have said were in that time of the year where pay roll is super tight company wide. Adding extra hours especially for training may seem optimal bc it's the slowest time of the year but at the same time it also costs the company money. Would strongly suggest mastering the entire front end. When you show you want to learn about your work center as much as the position sucks it could put you in the pipeline to become a GSA and from GSA you can pretty much go anywhere. It's a great stepping stone for leadership.

I ended up cross training myself. ASANTS of course - I trained myself to learn flex fill, BR closer/opener (when it was still there), GSA (yes, GSA! and i ended up getting a few shifts as a last resort emergency) and a few other departments. I was always interested in starbucks, but that's not something you can watch from afar and learn. Good luck! It sucks with one department for hours this time of year.

Guest Service is definitely a good work center to try and learn from a cashier, especially if you're looking for hours. My store has two people scheduled a day over there, and with only three of us at that work center, it's decent for getting hours. Plus, as a GSTM you'll learn GSA some GSA things because GSA also deals with service desk things as well, so it'll be a stepping stone for GSA. Then from GSA to the rest of the store.

ASANTS for GSA being a stepping stone to other departments... I’m sure if I went to another TL in a department, they’d be happy to have me, but my GSTLs would fight to keep me (and our other GSAs) in the front. Also, our store seems to have struggled in the past with front end, so if your solid, leadership does not give us many opportunities to leave. I’m happy in the front end for the most part, so it could be something you end up enjoying as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back