Archived Target's Newest Designer - Lilly Pulitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a line all the way from our doors to the parking lot... why people why?!

Some people even camped out, like it isn't that serious, is it?

OH my goodness......the site crashing, everything sold out, guests are pissed.....Good morning america had a big story on it this morning...more bad publicity for Spot....im not surprised though, zive come to expect it from Spot

"I don't know what I'm getting, I just know I need it" -quote from a Target guest.

Oh my god. What an experience. So many fights. So many pissed off guests. The morning rush must have been waiting 100 feet outside the entrance. Wow.

had a 4-8 autofill shift and lol'd out the door.

crowd stampeded through the door, they caught our signing guy off guard hanging signs with the wave, we had three cashiers, and everything was snatched up in minutes with people getting pissed off. hahaha.

I've seen pics and video from our opening crew. Glad I could sleep in. Worst part well be hearing about it all fucking week. Yes it was busy, so was missoni. Now we're out till returns start staking back in a couple weeks. Yes it's annoying, but that's what limited means. Get over it.

Just got back from my store. About 40 people in line. Crazy running thru the store. Only a few things left in seasonal and beauty.

To quote a guest in the fitting room that came out in this hideous robe/maxi dress hybrid thing that was just atrocious looking:
Guest: "I don't even know what I'm wearing, or what it is, but I like it"
Friend: "Yeah, it's cute"

Literally, can't even handle this right now. We sold out within 3 minutes, apparently people just ran in and hugged the table and called it a day.

To quote a guest in the fitting room that came out in this hideous robe/maxi dress hybrid thing that was just atrocious looking:
Guest: "I don't even know what I'm wearing, or what it is, but I like it"
Friend: "Yeah, it's cute"

Literally, can't even handle this right now. We sold out within 3 minutes, apparently people just ran in and hugged the table and called it a day.
Haha, that's practically the same quote that I said above. "I don't know what I'm getting, I just know I need it."

I've been here Black Friday and this is about just as bad.

I'm wondering if we'll be sold out as well. Area's pretty lower to middle class and I've only had one person ask about it so far.
Just remember kids, the return window for the LP stuff is 14 days! That's gonna be fun to deal with.

Haha, that's practically the same quote that I said above. "I don't know what I'm getting, I just know I need it."

I've been here Black Friday and this is about just as bad.
It's sad.

The demographic at my store was mainly of caucasian descent (politically correct here), mom's and daughters (both teens and children) and the group of dads with daddy's girls. And unfortunately, it seems the asians were too late to the party, shame, they're always first in line for the iPads.

We had people running in. Our signing guy got caught off guard back in seasonal hanging signs. And some were frantic guests. So now now all of our accessories EC are blown, table is blown. Almost all the tables & convertibles in RTW are blown. Cosmetics EC is blown. Already started cleaning up.

Yeah I'm pretty sure today's launch batch each store got (I'm assuming based on volume) was the majority of it all. Never have I ever seen a product in my entire 2 and half years of working at target disappear instantly. Even the Frozen Elsa dolls took a good 10-20 minutes. These took 3 minutes. The backroom TM's and overnight said there's a teeny bit in the back on reserve, but it's not much and they doubt we're getting more. It wouldn't make any difference anyways because the same people would be there instantly the next day. With that said, I think we can all look forward to seeing line at opening time for the first half (if not the rest) of the week, oh and getting cursed out by guests.

Lilly Pulitzer gave the role of Fast, Fun and Friendly to the guests. Fast = Stampede the store, Fun = Shopping Spree for no damn reason, and Friendly = curse out the TM's for not having the items you want, and snatch out of other people's carts as you fight over a scarf! Yay, Target...

ETA: Wouldn't be surprised if they started pulling inventory from lower volume stores in the districts to go the higher ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back