Archived Target's Newest Designer - Lilly Pulitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzfeed is calling this "#LillyLetDown"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/weppnerd/lilly-let-down-1hzvy

No, it wasn't a letdown. You were just late. We had plenty of items in stock and it sold out in minutes.

Buzzfeed can piss off.

I got mobbed pushing a tub of towels and near the end I enforced somewhat of a quantity limit. "Ma'am you have two towels already, I'll give you this one but I'm giving the other to this other lady."

Very white crowd as mentioned before. Surprised about the lack of asian resellers

Good thing I'm closing today and not opening, I wonder how crazy it was at my store.

Hmm our STL said we were getting more in tomorrow. Do I believe him though ... not likely.

There is always the possibility that the spokesman USA Today interviewed meant they were not going to produce more.

There could still be stock coming from the DC. The nightmare may not yet be over.

I am so glad I was working in Cash office this morning.... I got to avoid the nightmare for a little. when I went in at around 7 ish I saw the line waiting to get in was starting to wrap around the building.

Saw women going thru the go back carts THROWING things around while digging for LP stuff until a GSTL grabbed the carts & took them to the floor.
Glad I'm too low-maintenance for LP.
As to the shoppers who grabbed everything to sell on eBay, they'll get the same rude surprise the others (Missoni & Liberty) got when they tried to return what they couldn't sell online.
What really sickened me was they came over to my counter afterwards to get their lattes while gloating over what they grabbed & speculating what they could get for it on eBay.
Sometimes I hate my planet.

There is always the possibility that the spokesman USA Today interviewed meant they were not going to produce more.

There could still be stock coming from the DC. The nightmare may not yet be over.

Well he said hes 100% sure we are getting more in from the DC tomorrow, but after that he thinks there will be no more. Either way I could care less lol

Saw women going thru the go back carts THROWING things around while digging for LP stuff until a GSTL grabbed the carts & took them to the floor.
As to the shoppers who grabbed everything to sell on eBay, they'll get the same rude surprise the others (Missoni & Liberty) got when they tried to return what they couldn't sell online.
What really sickened me was they came over to my counter afterwards to get their lattes while gloating over what they grabbed & speculating what they could get for it on eBay.
did she go behind the GS counter or was this on the floor?

I went in today to do my grocery shopping at around 10am. Guest services said it all went fast except for some of the home items. She said one lady spent $2000! I think there maybe should've been limits, but what do I know. Also think it was dumb that our store had one of each size of the clothing, not sure if other stores had more.

I heard we ad about 70 people lined up outside before opening ....thankfully I was safe and sound in the backroom

Yeah I'm pretty sure today's launch batch each store got (I'm assuming based on volume) was the majority of it all. Never have I ever seen a product in my entire 2 and half years of working at target disappear instantly. Even the Frozen Elsa dolls took a good 10-20 minutes. These took 3 minutes. The backroom TM's and overnight said there's a teeny bit in the back on reserve, but it's not much and they doubt we're getting more. It wouldn't make any difference anyways because the same people would be there instantly the next day. With that said, I think we can all look forward to seeing line at opening time for the first half (if not the rest) of the week, oh and getting cursed out by guests.

Lilly Pulitzer gave the role of Fast, Fun and Friendly to the guests. Fast = Stampede the store, Fun = Shopping Spree for no damn reason, and Friendly = curse out the TM's for not having the items you want, and snatch out of other people's carts as you fight over a scarf! Yay, Target...

ETA: Wouldn't be surprised if they started pulling inventory from lower volume stores in the districts to go the higher ones.

Lower volumes are sold out. We had pretty decent lines and we have 2 targets within 10 minutes. All wiped: people came from surrounding targets told us it was the same.

HQ specifically has stated, literally 3-5 times, that clothing will NOT be replenished, and that home decor may recieve onesies for higher volumes.

At my store we limited quantity too. 5 lilly total. Oops.

Jeez, nobody reads anything anymore.

Thise latte women annoy me like there is no tomorrow.
Liberty of London has been a favorite of mine for many years. I have 3 items from the Target collaboration, and I bought all 3 on ebay for at least 3 xs the msrp.
I really like LIilly, but it reminds me so much of the preppy people in college. Also, the dresses are too short for my age
I was going to go this morning, but it is my first day off in a while, and like i said, the demographic that LP appeals to me really gets on my nerves.
Its the same type who are now on the Honest diaper band wagon. High maintenance dome drinkers who always ask you to throw away their slimy cups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back