Archived Tax Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know what time of year is coming up. This will be my first (and last thank God) year of dealing with Target on my tax forms! For those of you who have more than one years experience with this, usually when do your forms become available online?

The end of 2015 is quickly approaching. To ensure you receive tax statements from Target, follow these steps.

W-2 – Wage Tax Statement

You are currently enrolled to receive your 2015 W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) electronically.

Around Jan. 15, 2016 an e-mail will be sent to you from paperlessemployee.com notifying you that tax statements are available online. Please try logging in now to ensure you are able to access the site to view your tax statement.

Accessing the site:

1.Log in at www.paperlessemployee.com/Target

·Verify that your e-mail address is correct selecting Account Settings > View / Update Contact & Notification Options

2.Use Forgot User ID or Password links for assistance

3.For troubleshooting contact the HR Operations Center at 1-800-394-1885

Address

If you moved in the last year, please ensure Target has your correct address on file. Log in to insideTGT Pay & Benefits / eHR > more pay & benefits content > personal information & life events > address

Affordable Care Act Form (1095) - Benefits Tax Statement

New this year, Target is required to provide a 1095 form to team members that were eligible for medical benefits in 2015. If you receive the 1095 form, have it available when you file your taxes.

Receive it electronically – Sign up by Jan. 8:

1. Log in at www.paperlessemployee.com/Target

·Use your existing User ID and Password; do not create a new account

2.Select to receive your 1095 form electronically by selecting Account Settings > View / Update Contact & Notification Options

3.Save Notification Option Settings before logging out

Note: Electronic 1095 will be available around Jan. 22. If you do not sign up for an electronic 1095, and were eligible for medical benefits, you will receive a paper 1095 mailed to your home address on file.

The past 8 years, I looked forward to filing taxes. Not this year. Got a bad feeling I'm going to have to owe something. I was paid a decent amount more in 2015 and also changed my status from "Single 0" to "Single 2" in December 2014. It was a small increase in net pay, but obviously I was paying less taxes on each check.

Has anyone else changed their status like this and how did it effect your income tax?

This will be my first year ever that I file taxes. :eek::confused:

Use TurboTax, or similar. As long as you don't claim too many deductions it's free for the federal edition, and it fills out everything from you based on how you answer the questions.
This... I actually went into a HR Block while they offering free second reviews of your tax returns. They couldn't find anything :p

Whatever you do though. If you use an Online Service, make a very hard to guess complex password. Like 4Fd@23bJH9... don't use something simple like Molly2012 or P@ssword. I've heard so many news stories recently about people's information being stolen from weak passwords, so it never hurts. Just write it down, and keep it somewhere safe.

I have never filed taxes either. I have 1 child and am married but separated from my wife. Will this be complicated for me ? Lol. Hope I don't have to pay taxes.....

I have never filed taxes either. I have 1 child and am married but separated from my wife. Will this be complicated for me ? Lol. Hope I don't have to pay taxes.....
You've never filed taxes? Are you 18? That's a pretty complicated thing. If you're older than 18... I think you'll have to go back and file the previous returns, before you can do your current one.

You probably are entitled to a refund though... unless you have a six figure salary job, on the side from Target.

You've never filed taxes? Are you 18? That's a pretty complicated thing. If you're older than 18... I think you'll have to go back and file the previous returns, before you can do your current one.

You probably are entitled to a refund though... unless you have a six figure salary job, on the side from Target.
My story is a complicated one. I'm in my "20s" and never have had a job that I payed taxes too. I came to target last spring as my 1st job. I'm thinking I should do mine professionally?

My story is a complicated one. I'm in my "20s" and never have had a job that I payed taxes too. I came to target last spring as my 1st job. I'm thinking I should do mine professionally?
No. No. As long as you previously didn't have a income.. your fine. If you had a income previously... you'd have a pretty complicated return. You should be fine.

Go with TurboTax and save your money. Just remember... every year you get a 1099 or W2, you have to file no matter what. Honestly.. you should probably file something blank if you have a $0 Income Return... but the most important thing is filing every year you receive income. And the best part is... you probably have a refund coming your way.

The past 8 years, I looked forward to filing taxes. Not this year. Got a bad feeling I'm going to have to owe something. I was paid a decent amount more in 2015 and also changed my status from "Single 0" to "Single 2" in December 2014. It was a small increase in net pay, but obviously I was paying less taxes on each check.

Has anyone else changed their status like this and how did it effect your income tax?
Between hubby getting a raise, me working overtime and the ObamaCare fine we have owed the past two years. Because the house credits expired the month before we closed on our house.

If you missed filing previous years (with income) go ahead & start filing year by year.
With a child, you may be due a refund as long as the mother isn't declaring the child on HER returns.
IRS doesn't assess penalties unless it was for taxes OWED; even then they can work out a payment plan.
If it's a substantial amount, that's when you want a CPA to go to bat for you.

If you missed filing previous years (with income) go ahead & start filing year by year.
With a child, you may be due a refund as long as the mother isn't declaring the child on HER returns.
IRS doesn't assess penalties unless it was for taxes OWED; even then they can work out a payment plan.
If it's a substantial amount, that's when you want a CPA to go to bat for you.
Thanks for the info. I'm claiming my daughter on my tax return this year.

Thanks for the info. I'm claiming my daughter on my tax return this year.
Make sure you both don't claim her. Otherwise the IRS grants it to the first one who filed and if that isn't correct, you figure it out in court.

No. No. As long as you previously didn't have a income.. your fine. If you had a income previously... you'd have a pretty complicated return. You should be fine.

Go with TurboTax and save your money. Just remember... every year you get a 1099 or W2, you have to file no matter what. Honestly.. you should probably file something blank if you have a $0 Income Return... but the most important thing is filing every year you receive income. And the best part is... you probably have a refund coming your way.

This is not true. There is a minimum threshold for you to have to actually file taxes. But even if you don't meet the minimum requirements, you should still do it, because you will likely get it all back, anyway.

Use TurboTax, or similar. As long as you don't claim too many deductions it's free for the federal edition, and it fills out everything from you based on how you answer the questions.

I love TurboTax. Been using it for the past 8 years and never had any issues, knock on wood. Very easy to use and walks you through everything.

The rule of thumb is that if you are going to get money back, file as soon as you are able to; if you think you are going to have to pay the IRS, then delay as much as you can. Just realize that if you can't pay, the IRS will work out a payment plan with you, but you will be paying interest on all outstanding amounts due.

I honestly don't remember when I changed to Single 2 (either late 2013 or early 2014) but I got about $250 back on my 2014 return. So, it should keep you pretty close to not owing anything.

I've always liked HR block, if you muff it up online you can always go into their location and get a free second look. I did that one year and they decided to look at the my prior years return and realized I made a mistake and re-did it for me and got me $1200 back. I believe the federal filing is free and you pay to file your state return. I know some of the other online services offer free state returns and charge for federal. If you're savvy you can get your taxes done for free, granted you don't itemize your deductions or have anything complicated.

For those of you who are old enough, the AARP will do it for free and back their work up just like an accounting firms.

Last edited:

I don't meet the criteria for any allowances as I'm a single dependent with multiple jobs, so I've always been Single 0. What did it for me was adjusting the amount withheld from each check (i.e. Line 6 on IRS form W-4). I get slightly less in each check, but I'm not gonna be paying a shit ton when I file my taxes. (By the way, NY state income tax sucks ass if you're not eligible for any tax credits.)

And re: TurboTax - I liked it until they started charging me for doing my state taxes. Of course, I'll end up pulling a Jack and continuing to use it anyways. The interface is very straight-forward and it does the work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back