Archived Tax time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here filed and accepted projected return date of the 7th not holding my breath but seems smoorther this year than last year

Looks like I'll finally be getting a decent refund this year. Unfortunately I can't file yet because I still need my 1099-SA from Optum Bank. At least I think I need it.

Anyone with Target (Baxter) Credit Union ever have their refund deposited with them? This will be my first year with them...want to make sure theres no issues.

Had my deposits with them several times without ever having an issue. Just make sure you are entering your account and routing numbers in correctly.

Sidenote-if anyone has ever thought about joining Baxter (Target's credit union partner) they have been great for me. Good interest on savings and checking accounts and your paycheck is direct deposited Wednesday nights instead of Friday morning which is always nice.

Hey!
Quick question, if I'm no longer employed with Target will they mail my W-2? I didn't sign up electronically in time (didn't even think to look for that e-mail) and I REALLY don't want to go into my old store to get it.
Thanks!

Hey LazerKitty! Your W-2 will not be sent to your old store since you are no longer a Target employee. HQ should mail it to your address on file. If you don't receive it by January 31st, call HROC at 1-800-394-1885 to see if they can resend a paper copy to your home. Double check with them that your address on file is up-to-date.

Looks like I'll finally be getting a decent refund this year. Unfortunately I can't file yet because I still need my 1099-SA from Optum Bank. At least I think I need it.
Is that because you earned interest? I got my 1099 from my bank after I filed my return (and it was accepted) last year because I didn't know I would be getting that form. It didn't make a difference. But better to be on the safe side, I guess.

Is that because you earned interest? I got my 1099 from my bank after I filed my return (and it was accepted) last year because I didn't know I would be getting that form. It didn't make a difference. But better to be on the safe side, I guess.
Apparently I should get the 1099-SA because I spent money from my HSA account. I'm using turbotax, so I'm not really sure what the implications are.

1099-INT is for income earned from interest. I always include that one since I figure they already reported it.

I'm never in a hurry to file taxes. We have some rental properties and most time we owe some money so we wait till the last minute.

To change my tax withholding do I have
To do it in store? I couldn’t get it to work from home.

Also has anyone been able to claim 0 exemptions (ie withold thr max tax). I have two jobs and I’m nervous Spot is withholding enough.
I tried to do 0 when I first filled out the w4 and no matter what I did it put in 1

Also has anyone been able to claim 0 exemptions (ie withold thr max tax). I have two jobs and I’m nervous Spot is withholding enough.
I tried to do 0 when I first filled out the w4 and no matter what I did it put in 1
I think it might be because you'll always claim yourself. For instance, if I put 3, it would be myself and my two kids. But I don't really know. I thought I put 0 whenever I filled out my W-4.

The problem is my tax bracket may be higher in 2018 when you combine my full time job and target (I only worked the last 3 months of 2017 so it's less likely this year but still possible). I've read many things online that recommend claiming zero for a second job in certain situations such as mine where there's a very large difference between the income at my two jobs.

I'm in a no state income tax area & every job I've had always included the one self-deduction but I don't know if that has any bearing or not.

Everything on paperlessemployee should work fine from home.

I've had it set to zero before, but now that Target is my main job I set it to one and my other job to zero.

@mandie89 @redeye58 The instructions on the W-4 state that for multiple jobs, you should claim all of your allowances only on the W-4 from the highest paid job. The lower paying jobs should be set to zero.

I owe $320 to Uncle Sam... I think I need a new tax advisor... *yells at TurboTax webpage* Get me money!!!

Everything on paperlessemployee should work fine from home.

I've had it set to zero before, but now that Target is my main job I set it to one and my other job to zero.

@mandie89 @redeye58 The instructions on the W-4 state that for multiple jobs, you should claim all of your allowances only on the W-4 from the highest paid job. The lower paying jobs should be set to zero.

Weird I couldn’t get paperless employee to let me adjust my witholding. I think i remember originally doing it in store so I’ll try there.

Yeah I want to withold zero. If I work at Spot all year on top of my FT job it will like affect my taxes significantly

I have 0 or 1 at my dayjob, and we overpaid on taxes last year (my husband got laid off in 2015 and been intermittently employed and I don't really know what that does for taxes) so I pretty much have nothing withheld from Target. It's a relatively small amount in comparison, but I may adjust that since I'm sticking around this year.

I have 0 or 1 at my dayjob, and we overpaid on taxes last year (my husband got laid off in 2015 and been intermittently employed and I don't really know what that does for taxes) so I pretty much have nothing withheld from Target. It's a relatively small amount in comparison, but I may adjust that since I'm sticking around this year.
Yeah, I had my allowances at 0 but will have to change that now that I’m barely getting hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back