Archived Tax time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can claim 0. I claim single 0 (most taxes taken out) and I still owe state 232. Good thing i only claimed I made 16k it I’d be in bigger trouble.

You can claim 0. I claim single 0 (most taxes taken out) and I still owe state 232. Good thing i only claimed I made 16k it I’d be in bigger trouble.
I also claim 0. Last year I got a federal refund but owed the state a couple hundred. This year I got a federal refund and state refund, never changed my exceptions or anything.

For me it said "download now" and "available to be faxed Feb 6". I'm just waiting for spouse's job to release theirs.

pinging @HRZone and @HRLady to see if they know what to do about this...

federal law requires it by 1/31, pretty sure. HROC is closed rn.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 5.07.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 5.07.53 PM.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 28
For the record I got my refund 10 days after my returns were accepted. Not expecting that luck this year, especially with the government shutdown, but the time is coming soon.

pinging @HRZone and @HRLady to see if they know what to do about this...

federal law requires it by 1/31, pretty sure. HROC is closed rn.

Did you select paperless options when creating a username? Otherwise I'd check your store and see if your W2 is there in paper form or what the employee sheet says.
Federal law is that your W2 has to be postmarked by 1/31 if they are being mailed but there is not any requirement that they have to be available in digital form.

Did you select paperless options when creating a username? Otherwise I'd check your store and see if your W2 is there in paper form or what the employee sheet says.
Federal law is that your W2 has to be postmarked by 1/31 if they are being mailed but there is not any requirement that they have to be available in digital form.
I’ll ask when I go in tomorrow.

For the record I got my refund 10 days after my returns were accepted. Not expecting that luck this year, especially with the government shutdown, but the time is coming soon.
When did you file? Last year, I filed early, had to wait for the gov’t to actually accept it, then had to wait longer than normal because of EIC and ACTC. I filed in mid Jan and didn’t get the money until the end of Feb.

When did you file? Last year, I filed early, had to wait for the gov’t to actually accept it, then had to wait longer than normal because of EIC and ACTC. I filed in mid Jan and didn’t get the money until the end of Feb.
Last year I filed on 1/12, it was accepted on 1/17, and I got direct deposit on 1/27

When I lived in CA I always had to pull $5 a paycheck extra to cover the state taxes. After I figured that out, never owed CA or it was under $50 bucks at tax time. Always got a Federal refund.

Still waiting on all the documents from various sources before we're able to file. Grrr....

How are you all getting your refunds already? Didn't they just start accepting returns today? o_O

When you file early you have a chance of being a test dummy and get your deposit on opening day. I have gotten it the last several years like this. One year I got resequenced and had to wait a week or two more but early filing usually ends up with returns on opening week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back