I'm Lost! Team lead on drugs!?

Help I work as a cashier at the front and my GSTL keeps bragging about smoking weed and offers it and gets some from the other cashiers that were previously employed. What do I do? I can’t go to the etl’s because they’re all bffs :( should I just keep quiet?

I'd say if they don't smoke at work, then it's whatever, not your business, but if they're noticeably high at work and keep talking about it, then yeah, that's an issue that needs to be brought up. Very unprofessional for a team lead to be doing that, and albeit childish to literally worship weed like you're the only one that's ever smoked it, even more so when at work. I wouldn't bring it up to an ETL, I'd talk to an HR team member or even AP.

please mind your own business. Depending on what state you are in marijuana is no longer a prohibited drug.
Like the poster above said if they are not smoking on the job and aren’t hurting you,just look the other way. If he/she Fucks up. They will be caught!
Dont stick your head out, when you dont know the consequences.

SoftLiveKawala-max-1mb.gif

Don't worry about it, he really shouldn't be talking about it at work, but as long it's not affecting his performance or if he's taking it at work, there's nothing to worry about

I would start by "Dude can you please chill with the weed. It's a bit much while we are working." After that let him run his rope and if he gets into trouble its on him. But you have made your point and if he chills problem solved if not then you can see if other steps are needed.

Even if rec use is legalized in your state, Spot still prohibits it. Report it to your HR or STL. Sending TMs for drug testing is tricky so while they may not be able to take action right away, they can start building a case.

But if s/he is dealing (or attempting to deal) while on the clock, that is a reportable concern. And that's the way I read the OP.

Not only that, but if it's not legal in OPs state, it could be considered a hostile work environment.

Not only that, but if it's not legal in OPs state, it could be considered a hostile work environment

No, it couldn't. Hostile work environment has a specific, narrow legal definition and has nothing to do with your boss or coworker being a jerk or doing things you don't like. Pushing weed on your coworkers, in the general sense, does not qualify.

doesn't matter if it's legal or illegal. as a leader, you wouldn't talk about how drunk you got the night before. same applies for substances. do whatever you want off the clock, but don't bring it into work. report it

Back