Archived Team Leader Age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's INSANE! I would not be able to handle that, I can barely stand it when bosses are in their 20's
What's wrong with starting your career early in life? I have worked for target since I was 16 and worked my ass off for 3 years and got promoted to TL at 19. Continued working my ass off and got promoted to SRTL. At 19 I had the respect of everyone in my store older then me because I worked hard and treated them with respect. They were all proud of my accomplishments and were happy to work for me.

That's INSANE! I would not be able to handle that, I can barely stand it when bosses are in their 20's
My last three ETLs were less than half my age & they were all 'new in role'. The ones that did the best were the ones who listened, asked questions (no 'dumb' questions when you're learning) & respected the experience we had to offer.
I told them MY job was to make THEM look good BUT they had to hold up THEIR end.

I don't GAS how old my boss is.

As long as they aren't morons, can do their jobs, I'm all "meh."

One of my 18 year old buddies is doing a his interviews for HLTL next week, and today my ETL-GE approached me about development for GSTL. Guess they wanna mold 'em while they're young at my store.

I was chef manager of a restaurant when I was 22.
That was after being chef de partie when I was 17 and sous chef when I was 19.
Age has little to do with it, determination and maturity has everything to do with it.

I was promoted to TL at 22. I'm now 23. I have the respect of my team because I do my best to be a good leader. As long as you do that, age shouldn't matter.

I'm 19. I don't think age is really a big deal as long as you can show you can actually be a leader and you work hard. I've only missed one day of work my entire time at Target and I bust my ass every shift I have. For the most part my team loves me and they respect me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back