Archived Team members hours to Team leads

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the higher up HR visited our store & said we had 40 hours cart attendant hours we didn't use & we're going lose. So since our hours have been cut GSTL was excited get cart attendant & cashier 40 hours. Instead the scheduled Team leads as cashiers but didn't make them cashier. Can they do that? The leaders just sat in TSC & did nothing while calls for back up because it left us one cashier.
We currently do not have an HR at our store.

Yes, they can and do that...ALL the time. My store has been siphoning hours from the front end like there us no tomorrow. Don't know where they are going. Just didn't think it is smart to have 1 cashier for part of the afternoon with a holiday weekend coming up. So the lines got long, even with the poor softlines girl stuck helping for half an hour.

Well it's ridiculous. The 1 cashier was a minor asking for help alcohol sale & GSTL was getting carts so he just kept calling out. This put to sales floor team members at register 45 minutes. We called 3 times for a team lift but all team members on register & none of the six leaders responded until I grabbed th e walkie & called LOD 3 times like a code & said we are about have a heavy item fall.

Your STL should be fired, STAT. That's some serious mismanagement of staff.

We can't schedule enough cashiers as at least half of them call out and we're exceeding sales but not getting additional cashier hours, even if we had bodies that we could rely on to actually be there. This means the sales floor spends evenings cashiering and we're in the thick of remodel and our flow team is all new and slow so the 2 closing hardlines TMs are trying to push freight and walk guests to locations while spending half the night on the registers.

The store, predictably, looks like utter horseshit. If we didn't have the 2 service ambassadors to handle a lot of guest questions we'd be totally hosed.

And what are those (again)? We are not so modern
at my store and having a difficult time keeping tabs on all these superfluous titles and terms.

@REDcardJJ said:
I'm transcribing all of this because I don't want to compromise myself by posting pictures (call me paranoid)

shiny new job titles:

Leader:

Assets Protection Leader
Closing Leader
Food and Beverage Operations Leader
Food and Beverage Sales Leader
General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader
General Merchandise Sales Leader
Human Resources Leader
Inbound Operations Leader O/N
Service and Engagement Leader
Specialty Sales Leader

Lead

Assets Protection Lead
Beauty and Tech Lead
Beauty Lead
Closing Lead
Food and Beverage Closing Lead
Food and Beverage Lead
Food Service Lead
Fulfilment Operations Lead
General Merchandise Lead
Human Resources Lead
Inbound Operations Lead
Property Management Lead
Service and Engagement Lead
Sr. Human Resources Lead
Style Lead
Tech Lead

Team Member (Experts)

Assets Protection Expert
Back of Store Expert
Beauty Consultant
Engagement Advocate
Food and Beverage Expert
Food Service Expert
Front of Store Attendant
Fulfillment Expert
General Merchandise Expert
Human Resources Expert
Inbound Expert
Security Expert
Service Advocate
Service and Engagement Advocate
Style Consultant
Tech Consultant
Visual Merchandiser

role specific info:

Engagement Advocate (formerly Cashier):
  • You are the face of Target and interact with our guests each and every day.
  • Provide an easy, seamless checkout experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Champion self-checkout by inviting guests in, teaching guests and complete transactions for guests who do not want to self check.
  • Comply with all cash handling and safety related procedures.

Front of Store Attendant (formerly Cart Attendant):
  • Provide an easy, seamless shopping experience by keeping carts and baskets well stocked throughout the store and responding quickly to guest carry-outs and spills.
  • Maintain clean, stocked check lanes, restrooms, Mini Assistance Centers, spill stations, carts and baskets.
  • Clear the parking lot, sidewalks and doorways of carts, trash and snow (if applicable)
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest interaction and engagement techniques
  • Powered equipment certification, operation and safety (cart pusher)
  • Ability to consistently lift 40 lbs or more

Service Advocate (formerly Guest Service Desk):
  • Provide an easy, seamless order pickup, exchanges, or return experience.
  • Actively engage guests in a way that makes them feel welcome and rewarded by our loyalty programs.
  • Make sure every guest leaves happy.
  • Be passionate and provide exceptional service to every guest.
  • Share your knowledge and excitement of front of store services and attend to every guest.
Because you are taking on a new role for the operating model pilot, you will be expected to have new knowledge and perform new skills and abilities, including:
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Service and Engagement Advocate (formerly Guest Service Attendant):
  • Welcome guests to the front of the store, directing guests and acting as their host.
  • Serve up an easy, no-wait experience at the check lane and all service areas.
  • Ensure every guest leaves happy and train peers to do the same.
  • Support the Service and Engagement Lead by managing front of store traffic and replenishing supplies, allowing the Service and Engagement Lead to focus on the guest experience and team development.
  • Provide a seamless checkout, return, registry and/or OPU experience by eliminating friction points for guests and team members
  • Perform cash office duties
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-driving techniques
  • Loyalty programs
  • In-depth knowledge of front of store specialty services

Service and Engagement Lead (formerly Guest Service Team Lead):
  • Live and lead a guest-centric team that delivers a seamless and easy experience in all front of store service areas.
  • Train and mentor new team members, providing direction to peers as necessary, and coaching your team in guest engagement and loyalty-building skills.
  • Identify and share staffing and scheduling needs with leader and actively assess candidates to select the right talent.
  • Motivate and recognize team members to strengthen engagement and cultivate teamwork.
  • Service as a role model, hold team members accountable to expectations and work quickly to address consistent performance gaps
  • Passion for delivering a consistently great guest experience
  • Guest engagement and loyalty-building techniques
  • In-depth knowledge of all front of store services (checkout, returns, registry and OPU)
  • Team member training and development
  • Business-specific talent assessment and selection
THIS PILOT WILL BE LIVE AND ACTIVE ON APRIL 2 IN TEST STORES

Service ambassadors are only active in stores being remodeled, they are the ones telling people where things got moved too

And what are those (again)? We are not so modern
at my store and having a difficult time keeping tabs on all these superfluous titles and terms.

As SFSDan said, they're specifically remodel additions. We have 2 people walking the floor at any given time whose only job is service--they ask guests if they need help finding anything, answer call boxes, etc. They are responsible for knowing where stuff is, or how to find it. The good ones are invaluable in helping take some weight off of the sales floor teams so they can occasionally get stuff done. The bad ones only add to the workload because not only do you have to help the guest you have to undo what the SA told them and try to figure out what they really need.

One of the best SAs at my store is a cashier who is our Red Card Queen. I'm surprised they were willing to spare her, for that alone, but she's amazing. She's so good with guests and even if she doesn't know where something is and the Zebra isn't helping she's great at narrowing down the questions for us so we can help her & the guests much faster.

We always have a GSA or GSTL scheduled as a cashier but they are hardly ever on a register. If we are lucky they are helping at guest service when we need backup but they are generally just talking to the person scheduled as GSA and will only jump on a register if the lines get really long. It’s annoying but I’m not in charge so I bite my tongue at work and then bitch about it when I get home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back