Archived Team members working under the influence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong place i apologize. There are three team members at my store and outside of work they are some serious potheads. I know this because I've hung out with them a few times and that's all they do. I don't have a problem with anyone that smokes marijuana but with these three it's different because they now come to work high. It's gotten to the point where guests are starting to take notice. Numerous team leads have had this issue brought to their attention and still nothing has been done about it. Is there someone else outside of my store that i could notify of this issue and maybe get something done about this?

I wasn't sure where to post this so if it's in the wrong place i apologize. There are three team members at my store and outside of work they are some serious potheads. I know this because I've hung out with them a few times and that's all they do. I don't have a problem with anyone that smokes marijuana but with these three it's different because they now come to work high. It's gotten to the point where guests are starting to take notice. Numerous team leads have had this issue brought to their attention and still nothing has been done about it. Is there someone else outside of my store that i could notify of this issue and maybe get something done about this?

Why would you bring this up to team leads, but not ETLs? Team leads have zero authority to deal with TMs on drugs. This is 100% an ETL issue. That is your first step.

Just an FYI btw - I would say upwards of 50% of TMs smoke weed. No, I don't mean they are hardcore drug addicts, but they do it. I am kind of confused how it is you "know" they are high at work, but somehow every ETL that sees them daily can't see that as well. You don't have to be a genius to know when someone is high. I understand your concern if they are at work high, but somehow I wonder how you are the only one who can pickup on this and no TL/ETL at your store seems to be able to do so.....

So, if they are *not* actually coming to work high, and you are just ratting them out because they invited you over to their house and the fact they smoked was against your personal moral code..... well, be prepared to make enemies with a lot of TMs at work once word gets around. It is pretty messed up to be invited to someones home and then use what they do in the privacy of their own home against them at work. You will pretty much never be trusted or invited to hang out with anyone at your store again. Weed can be detected on a drug test for a long time, even if you are not high. If they are drug tested, they will show positive, and they *will* be fired. So I hope this isn't just your way of enforcing your morals on someone else....

Last edited:
dont rat

esspecially if they are not bothering you at work, you said it yourself that you dont care if they do it

You don't really know what is going on in terms of investigations.
There is a process, people can't just be fired because people suspect they came to work high.
If that is what they are doing they should be canned but if it's only rumor and innuendo than I would stay out of it.

You don't really know what is going on in terms of investigations.
There is a process, people can't just be fired because people suspect they came to work high.
If that is what they are doing they should be canned but if it's only rumor and innuendo than I would stay out of it.

The thing is, however, if he reports them to an ETL as being on drugs (even if it isn't true), the ETL is pretty much going to be required to have them do a drug test that must be completed in 24 hours. An ETL can't just ignore a report like that. Let's say they last smoked a week ago and were *not* high at work like the OP claims..... they will still show up positive on the test and be fired the same as if they actually were high at work.

The thing is, however, if he reports them to an ETL as being on drugs (even if it isn't true), the ETL is pretty much going to be required to have them do a drug test that must be completed in 24 hours. An ETL can't just ignore a report like that. Let's say they last smoked a week ago and were *not* high at work like the OP claims..... they will still show up positive on the test and be fired the same as if they actually were high at work.

That's why I was saying unless you watched them top off the bong then go clock in I wouldn't be doing any reporting.

Just report it to the ETL-HR. Be sure to provide information to support your claims, otherwise they might dismiss it as hearsay.

Both are poison, no other rational way to look at it.

Definitely an issue at my former store. I've heard of TMs taking (several) shots before work or smoking a joint or two before coming in. There was many times I wished I could have said something to HR, but they never acted on anything. Isn't there supposed to be random drug testing? In five years, I never saw anything.

Definitely an issue at my former store. I've heard of TMs taking (several) shots before work or smoking a joint or two before coming in. There was many times I wished I could have said something to HR, but they never acted on anything. Isn't there supposed to be random drug testing? In five years, I never saw anything.

random drug testing is for sports, etc.

If an ETL observes a team member who appears to be under the influence, they have to partner with someone else; another ETL before that person would be sent for drug testing.

If an ETL observes a team member who appears to be under the influence, they have to partner with someone else; another ETL before that person would be sent for drug testing.

Makes sense. Our ETLs never seemed to see the ones who were under the influence. Or understand why the hungover ones were hungover.

Because people don't get fired based on what you "heard" they do at home on their own time.

If someone is coming to work high/drunk, your ETLs will know about it the same you would. ETLs are clueless, but they are not that clueless. Unless you are 6 years old, you should be able to spot a high/drunk person in about 5 seconds. (your ETLs went to college.... trust me, they have seen high/drunk people and have been one themselves) They are not going to go after a TM just because you "heard" they do something in their private lives that you have a problem with. Just because you "heard" someone does something at home doesn't mean they are bringing it to work.

Which means for an evening shift at a ULV, they can't do anything unless they call in another LOD.

Because people don't get fired based on what you "heard" they do at home on their own time.

If someone is coming to work high/drunk, your ETLs will know about it the same you would. ETLs are clueless, but they are not that clueless. Unless you are 6 years old, you should be able to spot a high/drunk person in about 5 seconds. (your ETLs went to college.... trust me, they have seen high/drunk people and have been one themselves) They are not going to go after a TM just because you "heard" they do something in their private lives that you have a problem with. Just because you "heard" someone does something at home doesn't mean they are bringing it to work.

I failed to mention that there were a few times where it was VERY OBVIOUS. You could smell it on them or just the way they acted. Yes, hearing of things did happen, but people coming into work with obvious signs of their actions also happened.

Is it reallg affecting how you work? If not, shut up. Ever think people may have provlems in their life? Unless you want to actually help, going out of your way to gwt them fired is just an asinine move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back