Archived Tell me why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they add that to my check? I usually do that on the daily in my areas. But there’s TM just for that!? They get paid more to do that!?

I told my HR about it they’re gonna look into it. Not the first time weird stuff happened to my paycheck.

I stand by what I said in chat. DTM=Double time

@HRZone @HRLady @LUR99 any idea what that line on a paystub means? Pay rate was slightly over x2

If "DTM-base" listed a "hourly rate" amount that is equivalent to double the TM's pay rate right there on the same line, then yes, you should be correct. For example, if the pay rate is $11.00 per hour, then the line should say: DTM-base [MM/DD] [MM/DD] $22.00...

Last edited:
@HRLady Does it make a difference if it’s more than double the pay rate?

2.1323 more than norm

I can't say for sure without seeing the specific numbers. I would need to know your pay rate and the DTM-base amount to give you a more accurate analysis of this situation.

In general, as long as it wasn't too big of a difference and you weren't underpaid or significantly overpaid, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you received like $0.01-$2 more in total than you should have, then it's not that big of a deal.

Did you get a gift card or any other prize recently?

I know that all prizes/gift cards given to TMs have to be listed and taxed... could that be a possiblity?

maybe it was a $25 gift card perhaps?

Did you get a gift card or any other prize recently?

I know that all prizes/gift cards given to TMs have to be listed and taxed... could that be a possiblity?

maybe it was a $25 gift card perhaps?
No, as a TL I rather it go to the TMs especially during this time of year. They do so much for us.

I can't say for sure without seeing the specific numbers. I would need to know your pay rate and the DTM-base amount to give you a more accurate analysis of this situation.

In general, as long as it wasn't too big of a difference and you weren't underpaid or significantly overpaid, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you received like $0.01-$2 more in total than you should have, then it's not that big of a deal.
I’m waiting for HR to get back to me. I always let them know if something different or unusual comes up on my checks, just to let them know there may or may not be some weird calculation from HROC.

Last edited:
I’m waiting for HR to get back to me. I always let hem know if something different or unusual comes up on my checks, just to let them know there may or may not be some weird calculation from HROC.

That makes sense.

Here is what I can tell you about overpayment:

If you really got overpaid and your store wants to pursue that small difference that you received, then corporate will issue you a promissory note to pay them back. You will then need to write them a check or money order to pay back that extra dollar and cents. In my personal opinion, it is not worth it for any small differences since that check or money order probably costs more than what you accidentally received.

If your store decides not to pursue the overpayment, then corporate payroll folks might write it off as unearned income instead.

Of course, if the difference is miniscule, there is a chance that they might not even do anything whatsoever.

Last edited:
@IcePeasant , did you hear back from your HR yet?

I checked some pay statements for you today, hoping to find something that might help you. I noticed that even the old pay statements (2+ years ago) had the DTM-base amount being a tad higher than the amount of double the pay rate. In fact, overtime was also a bit above the time-and-a-half amount. This means that it is not just your paycheck that this has been happening to. It seems that either the system calculates it this way and they have been messing it up for years or they are calculating it higher on purpose in order to not cut it so close and accidentally violate any laws. I think the second reason is more likely.

If HR tells you HROC/Payroll Department offered a different type of explanation, let me know. I love to learn new things! :)

Last edited:
@IcePeasant , did you hear back from your HR yet?

I checked some pay statements for you today, hoping to find something that might help you. I noticed that even the old pay statements (2+ years ago) had the DTM-base amount being a tad higher than the amount of double the pay rate. In fact, overtime was also a bit above the time-and-a-half amount. This means that it is not just your paycheck that this has been happening to. It seems that either the system calculates it this way and they have been messing it up for years or they are calculating it higher on purpose in order to not cut it so close and accidentally violate any laws. I think the second reason is more likely.

If HR tells you HROC/Payroll Department offered a different type of explanation, let me know. I love to learn new things! :)

They couldn’t find anything in regards to it. I showed them my pay stub break down. They were going to get back to me if HROC did call them back in regards to it. They think it’s them over adjusting it like you stated. HROC has been doing some weird things like if I was extended to a full shift, they would charge it as OT. I notified them right away and they let them know when they called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back