• You have a chance

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Forget it, find a different job

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t even list a place I stole from, as previous work experience.

Doesn't it come out in the background check anyway? Almost all employers do a background check.

Are you trying to convince us or yourself that you were giving “discounts”?
You were stealing, and I believe you got the answer to your question.
Good luck. Economy is booming and you will find another job. Just dont steal, at the end of the day its not worth it.

That phrasing is the exact one that the ETL-HR said. He told me my termination was for giving out too many discounts. ETL-AP was there too. He said the same exact thing. What do you have to say to that?

Employment doesn’t show up in the “traditional” background checks.
They are looking for misdemeanors, felonies, arrest records.
Some jobs pull credit reports which will have all or some of your previous employers listed.
If you think certain employment information might be harmful, exclude it from your resume/job application.

Employment doesn’t show up in the “traditional” background checks.
They are looking for misdemeanors, felonies, arrest records.
Some jobs pull credit reports which will have all or some of your previous employers listed.
If you think certain employment information might be harmful, exclude it from your resume/job application.

That would have been good to know a few hours ago. I just applied to a different job and listed everything, including Target.

That phrasing is the exact one that the ETL-HR said. He told me my termination was for giving out too many discounts. ETL-AP was there too. He said the same exact thing. What do you have to say to that?
They were being professional. They terminate people for “dishonest” behavior. Does that mean they lie about their weight?
You think what you did wasn’t stealing?

They were being professional. They terminate people for “dishonest” behavior. Does that mean they lie about their weight?
You think what you did wasn’t stealing?

Look, I'm not denying anything. I'm just saying, I was using exact phrasing.

Look, I'm not denying anything. I'm just saying, I was using exact phrasing.
Giving to many discounts or any for that matter. It is in fact stealing. You are defrauding the store by giving items to a lesser price which target pays more for . So like plano says , stealing it’s what it’s called.

Giving to many discounts or any for that matter. It is in fact stealing. You are defrauding the store by giving items to a lesser price which target pays more for . So like plano says , stealing it’s what it’s called.

And, I'm not denying that. A lot of people seem so caught up in the way I phrased the statement. I just thought to make it a point that it's not my phrasing. It's what the ETL-HR and ETL-AP said.

Good luck with your job search. And make damned sure you've learned from this experience and develop the stones to tell your "friends" no.

Good luck with your job search. And make damned sure you've learned from this experience and develop the stones to tell your "friends" no.

Oh, I sure have learned. I'm just without a job now. But sure have learned.

I don't this this is necessarily true. If you don't know the people you're giving discounts to, you could make a case that you're building loyalty, albiet in a misguided way. If you're giving your friends or family discounts though? Yeah that's theft.

Plus, leaving the thread open does allow for more questions from inquiring minds who may be tempted to keep hitting that K-button and willy-nilly give out discounts. :)

DON'T DO IT, Y'ALL!

Not the point. There's never a reason to reduce forum participation unless said participation becomes cancerous to the forum. I see no sign for a threadoctomy just yet.

Additionally, it's the moderator's job to decide what threads need action - not the members.

Funny. A cashier was just terminated for the very same thing at my store. She was seasonal.

Funny. A cashier was just terminated for the very same thing at my store. She was seasonal.

I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or not, but I was a full time hire.

What I was told to think about, and what seems reasonable, so I follow is:

whenever you hit k4, you should be able to justify that specific instance should AP ask about it.

"I was honoring an old sale sign that was $2 lower to make it right for a guest" is a justified response (in most cases, but ASANTS I suppose).
"My homie saw an old sale sign so I adjusted the price plus an additional $20 off for the inconvenience" is not.

you see what I mean. I know im beating a dead horse, but for anyone else: if AP asks (and assume they will because AP sees everything, esp regarding discounts), can you justify that specific instance of the discount. if no, don't do it or call GSTL so it's not on you

Last edited:
I don't this this is necessarily true. If you don't know the people you're giving discounts to, you could make a case that you're building loyalty, albiet in a misguided way. If you're giving your friends or family discounts though? Yeah that's theft.
Huh?

I’m sure you’re not the first person to do this, surely not the last. Maybe your intentions were pure, only the individuals themselves can truly know. First, I would get new and better friends because your old “friends” are what we call enablers or using you for their own gain. Second, you have to stand up for yourself meaning you need to take action. If it seems or “feels” skeptical, don’t do it - it’s better to ask or reject; any action that an individual takes is the only way that an employer or anyone for that matter, knows your intentions. Finally, you need to be less gullible and in order to do that, you must learn and practice the most powerful word in the human language - “No”. In Spots mind, you’re a thief whether your intentions were pure or not and it’s probably too late. However, let this serve as a lesson, they’re different paths to growth, it is entirely up to you whether you use it or repeat the same action for your next opportunity. I truly truly hope all the best and dreams and wishes to you, for anyone, no matter how many mistakes has been made - it is the only way to grow and know that we’re just human at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back