Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Forget it, find a different job

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UAK

I recently got terminated because I gave too many discounts. I know, I was being stupid. People I knew kept asking for them. I just couldn't say no. I now realize I was being very stupid and should not have given those discounts anyway. I'm now without a job. What are the chances that I would get hired back?

If chances are slim, where can I find a similar job (not Walmart)?

Last edited:
None.

You’re definitely keyed as not rehirable in the system.

CD8q2.gif

I recently got terminated because I gave too many discounts. I know, I was being stupid. People I knew kept asking for them. I just couldn't say no. I now realize I was being very stupid and should not have given those discounts anyway. I'm now without a job. What are the chances that I would get hired back?

None right now, but maybe in a few years, they will go to a new system, and you might be eligible for rehire. I have had two Team Member numbers; one from when I worked cashier for a couple months, and then one again in 2014. I knew people who walked out, but got their job back a year later. Dishonesty, though might be handled differently.

And if Target provides information regarding your eligibility for rehire, you won't get another job in retail. At least, not any where there is any chance of working a register.

The one thing potentially in your favor is that in some states (I don't know if its national), a former employer is only required to verify limited information. So you might get lucky and not have your lack of eligibility disclosed.

A TM got fired for stealing at my store last week. Shocked me to my core. Think you know someone and then bam, they are walking out the door with AP.

And to be rehired? Nope. Not a chance. You dug your Target grave.

I wondered this as well...

@UAK What do you mean by discounts? Were you lowering prices wherever you felt like it..? Or did you start out following a reasonable policy (competitor price match, old ad price still up, etc) and get carried away..?

The latter would be the one. I started out reasonably, but got carried away.

You live, you learn. I don't think I would have given any one of my friends discounts, anyways, but, you move on. I've read a lot of times here that Target can't give any information away and what they can give away is very very limited, I just don't remember exactly what it was... I think it was the date of your termination or leave.

You live, you learn. I don't think I would have given any one of my friends discounts, anyways, but, you move on. I've read a lot of times here that Target can't give any information away and what they can give away is very very limited, I just don't remember exactly what it was... I think it was the date of your termination or leave.

I hope that's all they can give away. The reasoning would never get me another job. I feel so dumb...

If a prospective employer calls all Target does is verify that you were employed & the dates of said employment.
A prospective employer may ask the former whether they would hire the person back; they could say yes or no but nothing more.
If they say 'no' it falls upon the prospective employer to ask the person why their former employer wouldn't take them back & judge the credibility of the person's response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back