Archived TM Discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

So obviously I have a TM discount card, but I rarely use it. I never really carry cash, I do have the RedCard though, but I don't use it. A friend of mine asked if she could use my TM discount on her Cartwheel app, like where you can key it in and then it applies automatically when she scans her Cartwheel. I wasn't sure about it but she offered me her employee discount at her restaurant whenever I visit LOL. But now Im concerned that somehow my store will find out. Is there a chance that my store will know? I don't mind telling her to take it off her cartwheel, but I just want to know if there's any way that my store can find out. I like working at Target and I cannot lose this job lol.

Thanks in advance

There is always a chance that you and she will be caught, and when it happens, you very well may lose your job.

At my orientation (which was pre-Wallet, so perhaps they've changed how they discuss this), I was told we could only get our discount by showing the card, and that we had to be prepared at all times to also show photo ID to verify our identity. Even at our own store, but especially if shopping at a different location where the cashier wouldn't know us. It was also stressed that we can NOT share our discount with friends and family (with the exception of immediate family that lives with us, and a separate "dependents" card was available for them), can not use it for any transaction that we're going to be reimbursed, and that only specific forms of payment are allowed. You agreed to these terms by taking the job.

You will lose your job. They will notice a few ways:

1) she uses a card that doesn’t match your name. Easy flag for ap, you’re fired.
2) TM doesn’t recognize her, is within their rights to ask for her ID. unlikely, but possible. You’re fired.
3) she gets something online shipped to her house. Name doesn’t match. You’re fired.
4) she starts buying high value items. Ap notices. You’re fired.

There is no scenario in which this ends well for you. If you “cannot lose this job”, willingly doing something that makes it super easy for you to lose this job is not smart.

Every transaction is recorded electronically and with the cameras. Not worth losing your job. And I'm sure your friend's employer has similar rules about sharing her discount.

Do whatever you want at your own discretion. You can do it. Just make sure you both go low profile. And that your friend is a real friend and not a two face blabbermouth where a tenth person calls out both of you.

1) she uses a card that doesn’t match your name. Easy flag for ap, you’re fired.
2) TM doesn’t recognize her, is within their rights to ask for her ID. unlikely, but possible. You’re fired.
3) she gets something online shipped to her house. Name doesn’t match. You’re fired.

There is no scenario in which this ends well for you. If you “cannot lose this job”, willingly doing something that makes it super easy for you to lose this job is not smart.

5. She shops while you're on the clock. AP notices. You're fired.

Don’t let this scare you. I worked for target for years and have never heard of anyone getting fired over the discount

People get fired for it. A lot. You just don't hear about it because Target is discrete with getting people out of the Door.
Just ask her to take it off and don't say anything, If anyone makes any mention, Claim innocence and ask HR for a new Card saying yours got Lost.

I’ve known multiple team members that got fired for letting their friends use their discounts.
Ditto here.
I'd look around one day & ask where Gladys, Willard or Melvin were only to be told in hushed whispers that they were termed for discount abuse.

I worked with one who was termed for sharing her TM discount with an unrelated person, and another who was termed for abusing the payment method terms.

And a third who was "talked to" over letting his wife use his card rather than the spouse card, which I inadvertently contributed to. She came through my line and showed me his card. When I asked for an ID because she was clearly not a Felipe, she raised hell in my lane, which caught GSTL's attention. Then after she paid, she went back into the store to yell at Felipe over it, and his ETL was nearby and heard that conversation. Felipe then came to me later to apologize that his wife gave me such a hard time. She avoids me like the plague now.

Ok so just so I'm clear...if I'm with my kid, can I use my discount for her if she's paying with her red card? And yes, I'm aware she can get her own discount card but I've never initiated that process with HR.

Officially, no. The TM has to be the one paying for the purchase. Ask HR for a dependent's card, it doesn't take long.

I worked with one who was termed for sharing her TM discount with an unrelated person, and another who was termed for abusing the payment method terms.

And a third who was "talked to" over letting his wife use his card rather than the spouse card, which I inadvertently contributed to. She came through my line and showed me his card. When I asked for an ID because she was clearly not a Felipe, she raised hell in my lane, which caught GSTL's attention. Then after she paid, she went back into the store to yell at Felipe over it, and his ETL was nearby and heard that conversation. Felipe then came to me later to apologize that his wife gave me such a hard time. She avoids me like the plague now.
Eh that ones not really a big deal because the cards are identical just the names are different and it says dependent instead of TM

Saving 10% on stuff is not worth getting my friend in trouble or possibly terminated.
Tell your friend that you really don't want to risk losing your job over it, and offer to also relinquish their discount at their restaurant (good faith gesture).

I mean, if you really want to use the discount for someone, just buy the stuff yourself and have them pay you back for it. I'm pretty sure this happens out there somewhere. Don't bring in discount cards and stuff for strangers. Jeez.

We have had alot of people get fired for this exact reason. I wouldn't do it.

Side note I saw someone said you can let people you live with or dependents use it.. can my parents get their own card since I live with them or is that only for spouse and children?

We have had alot of people get fired for this exact reason. I wouldn't do it.

Side note I saw someone said you can let people you live with or dependents use it.. can my parents get their own card since I live with them or is that only for spouse and children?
Spouse, child, and domestic partner only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back