Archived TM Discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had alot of people get fired for this exact reason. I wouldn't do it.

Side note I saw someone said you can let people you live with or dependents use it.. can my parents get their own card since I live with them or is that only for spouse and children?
Spouse and dependents. No siblings, no parents.

People get fired for it. A lot. You just don't hear about it because Target is discrete with getting people out of the Door.
Just ask her to take it off and don't say anything, If anyone makes any mention, Claim innocence and ask HR for a new Card saying yours got Lost.
And because the idiot that got fired for it feels too stupid to admit it here.

3) she gets something online shipped to her house. Name doesn’t match. You’re fired.
You’re allowed to buy stuff and have it sent to other people... It’s only when someone else pays for it and uses your discount that it’s a problem.

Don’t let this scare you. I worked for target for years and have never heard of anyone getting fired over the discount
Except for the many personal accounts others have posted here over the years.

I bet you 10% of my life savings that corporate read this thread and immediately ran a search for name:card discrepancies, so you got them on your tail already just by posting this thread. They’re gonna narrow it down soon enough and smoke your ass

I think us store level plebeians often underestimate what a corporation with billions of dollars is capable of when it comes to guarding their bundles. It’s nothing like at the store level where shit is goofy and whack and amateurish a lot of the time. It’s like the difference between your younger sibling’s chemistry set and CERN.

3) she gets something online shipped to her house. Name doesn’t match. You’re fired.
This is called gifting and that’s okay as long as payment/discount name match and the person isn’t being paid back. I ordered online to other people’s house several times and AP hasn’t said anything to me.

Question: I live with my parents but I logged into my account on their phones so they can use the wallet app. I’m still paying for it with my redcard and they’re not paying me back. Is this against AP rules?

This is called gifting and that’s okay as long as payment/discount name match and the person isn’t being paid back. I ordered online to other people’s house several times and AP hasn’t said anything to me.

Question: I live with my parents but I logged into my account on their phones so they can use the wallet app. I’m still paying for it with my redcard and they’re not paying me back. Is this against AP rules?
I meant friend uses her card name doesn't match.

that is not ok. Rules state you must physically be making the purchase.

BUMP!

Going to hijack this thread because of a recent incident at my store. Going to exclude some details for COMSEC reasons but long story short: TM at my store stayed with her family, TM's sister went through her purse and found her discount card, added it to her Target wallet and then used her wallet to buy an iPad at another store. TM found out after her mom asked about using her discount (sister lied to mom and said TM gave her the discount to buy it).

Assuming TM is telling the truth and her discount was used without her knowledge or permission, how fucked is she? If she reports this to AP will they believe her? She is scared shitless about losing her job.

@HardlinesGuy @TallAPGuy

Last edited:
She should go to ap and explain. Ask how to avoid her sister from adding it to her wallet again without her knowledge (smart sister would have taken a screen shot).

BUMP!

Going to hijack this thread because of a recent incident at my store. Going to exclude some details for COMSEC reasons but long story short: TM at my store stayed with her family, TM's sister went through her purse and found her discount card, added it to her Target wallet and then used her wallet to buy an iPad at another store. TM found out after her mom asked about using her discount (sister lied to mom and said TM gave her the discount to buy it).

Assuming TM is telling the truth and her discount was used without her knowledge or permission, how fucked is she? If she reports this to AP will they believe her? She is scared shitless about losing her job.

@HardlinesGuy @TallAPGuy

It comes down to intentions and how the TM presents the situation. If she explains that her sister stole her discount card out of her purse, she'll be fine. AP might be suspicious and will likely watch her closely going forward but it's be pretty hard to term her over that. She's in a better situation if she self-report to AP and explains it

Just for the sake of knowing how, I've tried to remove my TM number from my Wallet in the Target app but have never been successful.

How is it done?

READ YOUR TM HANDBOOK.....You will be caught.

The only way of letting your friend use your discount is if you buy it for her (without them present), deliver it to your friend away from the store, and your friend pays you back.

All TM purchases utilizing a discount are tracked.
  • When a non-Target card payment is used, the purchase is flagged and investigated.
  • When a card name doesn't match the TM's discount, its flagged and investigated.
  • Large purchases using a discount are always flagged and always investigated.
  • Gift Card payments using a discount are flagged and usually investigated.
  • High usage of a discount are investigated.
  • Discount usage at a different store are flagged.

It comes down to intentions and how the TM presents the situation. If she explains that her sister stole her discount card out of her purse, she'll be fine. AP might be suspicious and will likely watch her closely going forward but it's be pretty hard to term her over that. She's in a better situation if she self-report to AP and explains it

That's pretty much what I told her. She knew she should report it but was afraid that AP would call bullshit and fire her anyway. I just texted her and said to tell them first thing when she goes in to work today, with extra emphasis on "I didn't know she took it and I wouldn't have given it to her if she had asked".

I also wonder if AP has the ability to block or remove it from her sister's Target wallet. I would certainly think so.

She knew she should report it but was afraid that AP would call bullshit and fire her anyway.

They can't fire someone over speculation. That's why leadership will usually have conversations and ask you to explain yourself before they issue corrective action. They need either concrete proof or an admission first. There is a guide that details different corrective actions for different offenses. Most of it is dependent on intentions of the TM in question. Your friend needs to be clear and adamant that she didn't give her sister her discount card; it was stolen from her and she would never willingly allow her to use it.

“Hi ETL HR, I think my friend stole my TM#. Can I get a new one?”

You’re naive, but I think you’ve realized your mistake. Tell the truth and risk being fired, lie and remember you have to cover it up, or wait it out and see what happens. The choice is yours.

How do they get a fake number? I'm intrigued.
I'm assuming @Hardlinesmaster means someone gets hold of a number that is not theirs. Newbie TM dropping the slip of paper with the TM number would be one way. A lot of TMs use their phones to show guests cartwheel and I realized just recently that when I show them the barcode they need to use while checking out my TM # is visible. Pre-Wallet, one time when I was backup a woman presented me with the physical card and the transaction ended up being so weird I asked for ID and the name didn't match the card, now there's no real way to check ID. Internal theft of numbers.

I'm assuming @Hardlinesmaster means someone gets hold of a number that is not theirs. Newbie TM dropping the slip of paper with the TM number would be one way. A lot of TMs use their phones to show guests cartwheel and I realized just recently that when I show them the barcode they need to use while checking out my TM # is visible. Pre-Wallet, one time when I was backup a woman presented me with the physical card and the transaction ended up being so weird I asked for ID and the name didn't match the card, now there's no real way to check ID. Internal theft of numbers.
Hardlinesmaster messaged me 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back