Archived tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think about a team lead taking hazmat tests for thier backroom team memebers?

It's a great idea. It is better then your receiving tm have a real mess in their area.for ex, a leaking bottle of tide all over their desk.

I think he was saying the TL is taking the tests FOR them.

Why, to ensure all their TMs have taken & passed all needed tests.
Couple yrs ago one of our TLs had to go to another store to train a team after THEIR TL was termed for doing this very thing & our TL had to re-train them & get them all re-tested in addition to helping train a replacement TL.
Real fuster-cluck that was...

OK, I see.
That kind of of BS.
What the hell could they be thinking doing something like that?
You know, the sad part is I would be willing to bet the TL took the tests so he didn't have to let his TM go off the floor any time.
It would be faster and more efficient for him to take the tests and keep them working.

Well at least our HR team makes sure each person actually "takes" the test. More like give them the answers on a paper and tell them to use it. And then they get upset whenever I refuse to use the cheat sheets and actually go through the training when I'm learning something new or training someone. It's called training for a reason...

Well at least our HR team makes sure each person actually "takes" the test. More like give them the answers on a paper and tell them to use it. And then they get upset whenever I refuse to use the cheat sheets and actually go through the training when I'm learning something new or training someone. It's called training for a reason...

I hear you on that, but they don't really give you any time to do that, with the skeleton crews and all.

I kinda take matters into my own hands whenever I'm training someone and let the LOD know we'll be off the floor training for most of the day. I don't care what workcenter we're scheduled under. Training is a big passion of mine, I believe a good training experience and giving them as much information as possible is a recipe for a great team member.

If you are a trainer you sign the form saying that person is finished and ready to go. I refused to sign it until I felt the person was ready, even under pressure from HR. You never know when your signature on something can come back to bite you on the butt. That being said, I did sit with a few team members while they were taking tests in case they had questions. Some of the questions are badly worded and confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back