texas attorney general to target: show me your safety policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any company that publicly welcomed open carry of firearms been sent a similar email?
I don't see why it would. At least in OK, I had to get a background check just to buy a gun, then get a state background check and a NICS check for my concealed handgun licence along with getting fingerprinted and photographed. The state has already determined that it's safe for me to own and carry firearms. Heck, showing a CHL can even get positive treatment from law enforcement since they KNOW you aren't a criminal.

i think he's trying to hold them accountable and is looking for more than just a quote of their safety policies.

No, I think he's trying to encourage men to enter women's restrooms just to instigate trouble so he can personally benefit politically.

This whole argument has nothing to do with safety - because there have always been laws protecting people from being harassed or raped. There is no good reason to suddenly pretend we need new laws to protect people when they are in a public restroom.

The AG is trying to flex muscle he doesn't have & I'm sure it's an invitation for the legislature to come up with more meaningless bills that won't be enforceable & will be blocked by the feds.
The current gov (Abbott) wasted so much money & time with a bunch of symbolic legal action against the feds so this is nothing new.

I'm confused as to why people are so obsessed with this "issue"

There was a guy at my high school who would make offensive comments about the LGBTQ community and seemed kind of obsessed about the 'gay agenda' (whatever that is). I didn't know him super well, but we had a few classes together. He started making fun of me one day for participating in the 'day of silence' the week before and it was the last straw. I turned around and said to him "isn't it interesting how sometimes people who are super anti-gay end up being gay themselves". I never heard him make another comment again. In retrospect I should have used a different approach and taken the higher ground, but I was like sixteen at the time and even though I'm a straight cis-gender female I couldn't take it anymore.

it's just an all encompassing and all consuming compulsive fascination and obsession of mine. it has taken literally an hour tops of my time. it's obvious i have some type of transgender issue or phobia because there is just no other way to explain it. you got me now.

There was a guy at my high school who would make offensive comments about the LGBTQ community and seemed kind of obsessed about the 'gay agenda' (whatever that is). I didn't know him super well, but we had a few classes together. He started making fun of me one day for participating in the 'day of silence' the week before and it was the last straw. I turned around and said to him "isn't it interesting how sometimes people who are super anti-gay end up being gay themselves". I never heard him make another comment again. In retrospect I should have used a different approach and taken the higher ground, but I was like sixteen at the time and even though I'm a straight cis-gender female I couldn't take it anymore.

You don't have to sugar coat everything, sometimes blunt and to the point is the correct approach. His feelings didn't need to be respected, he had no respect for the people he was insulting.

I don't see why it would. At least in OK, I had to get a background check just to buy a gun, then get a state background check and a NICS check for my concealed handgun licence along with getting fingerprinted and photographed. The state has already determined that it's safe for me to own and carry firearms. Heck, showing a CHL can even get positive treatment from law enforcement since they KNOW you aren't a criminal.

And I don't see why he would send this letter to Target for this restroom policy. But if he is on the soap box of "public safety" then he would be reasonably mindful to address the concerns of the public whether they suit his personal interests or no. Some are concerned about who is in what restroom and some are concerned about seeing a gun in public. Neither fear trumps or surpasses the other.

You're referencing an instance that took place in high school. Everybody reacts in ways that we look back in retrospect and wish we had handled more maturely. That doesn't change the fact that you stood up for others, good for you.

How tolerant and accepting of diversity.

You want air your beliefs outside of your church you get to hear what people think of your views. To me the bible is fairy tale that is FICTION and should have no standing in any form what so ever. You are free to worship whatever god you like, in your church.. Outside those doors? You are fair game..

My opinion was formed when I was a volunteer for PP and had pigs blood and pig parts thrown at me and the horrid things said to me and the clients as we walked in and out of the clinic. So much for gods love..

Last edited:
what's that message? that we believe states shouldn't be able to govern themselves and federal law should always trump the state laws.??

Well, yes, it's called the "United States of America" for a reason. I absolutely believe most laws should be made on a federal level. There are very few laws that make more sense in one part of the country than they do in another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back