texas attorney general to target: show me your safety policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is nothing more than a PR stunt by the Texas AG. He knows full damn well that Target will give a generic response about the safety of guests and team members always being important, but they won't release confidential business practices.

Why doesn't he ask the same from Walmart? Sure, they don't have a transgender restroom policy, but that has nothing to do with it. Anybody can sneak into any restroom at any store with the intent of doing "nefarious" things.

Thats the thing I dont get...Like...was there a barrier not allowing a man inside the womens bathroom before...that would be a no. If someone wanted to do "nerfarious" things they were going to do it regardless. Its not like NOTHING ever happens and now we will see a sharp increase in incidents :rolleyes:

You want air your beliefs outside of your church you get to hear what people think of your views. To me the bible is fairy tale that is FICTION and should have no standing in any form what so ever. You are free to worship whatever god you like, in your church.. Outside those doors? You are fair game..

My opinion was formed when I was a volunteer for PP and had pigs blood and pig parts thrown at me and the horrid things said to me and the clients as we walked in and out of the clinic. So much for gods love..
Yeah, those people have no basis for that behavior and actually are acting contrary to biblical principles. That said, I can practice my beliefs anywhere and the free exercise clause in the constitution protects that.

Last edited:
Yeah, those people have no basis for that behavior and actually are acting contrary to biblical principles. That said, I can practice my beliefs anywhere and the free exercise clause in the condition protects that freedom.

And therein lies the problem, they believe that their actions are totes covered by the bible which means you are wrong and will burn.
As to your practicing your beliefs that is true up to the point that it crosses paths with federal and state law (or doing your job).

You don't believe in letting gay people get married but it's your job to give out marriage licenses?
Sorry but (eventually) you will lose your job.

Convicted criminal.

Those are two different things.
Very true, but it's a pretty safe bet that someone who sits through the class, paddy's for the background checks, gets fingerprinted, then pays the additional fees and goes through the waiting period is it going to throw away the time and money by committing crimes.

And therein lies the problem, they believe that their actions are totes covered by the bible which means you are wrong and will burn.
As to your practicing your beliefs that is true up to the point that it crosses paths with federal and state law (or doing your job).

You don't believe in letting gay people get married but it's your job to give out marriage licenses?

Which is why I won't take a position that pits me at odds with my beliefs. It's why even though I agreed with Kim Davis' principle, I couldn't agree with her attempting to keep her job. At the same time, if it isn't a government job, an employee shouldn't be compelled to act against their religious beliefs or lack thereof. It wouldn't be fair to ask a Jewish baker to make an order for an anti-Semitic group, just like it wouldn't be fair to as an atheist owned company to participate in any religious themed event. Fairness goes both ways and to demand that someone subordinates their beliefs to yours while you go out of your way to mock and attack them is profoundly hypocritical and speaks more about you than it does them.

Very true, but it's a pretty safe bet that someone who sits through the class, paddy's for the background checks, gets fingerprinted, then pays the additional fees and goes through the waiting period is it going to throw away the time and money by committing crimes.

I'm not sure that's true.

I think most people have the "Not me" mentality. The average criminal never expects to get caught. If they get caught once, they tend to think, "That was a fluke, I got away with it all the other times, I won't get caught again."

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's true.

I think most people hae the "Not me" mentality. The average criminal never expects to get caught. If they get caught once, they tend to think, "That was a fluke, I got away with it all the other times, I won't get caught again."

That may be the case. But again I'd ask why make the time and financial investment along with the background and NICS checks and get your photo and prints on record with the county sheriff's department? Not saying it's impossible, but jumping through that hoops would tend to indicate that someone would prefer not break the law.

Sad but that's not true in Mississippi when their new law goes into effect July 1. You are protected by law if you choose to discriminate against LGBT because the action contrasts with your religious views. You can refuse to rent to LGBT, sell to them, issue marriage licenses, offer medical treatment according to this new hate law. Of course, the DOJ will be knocking on their door as soon as they're done with North Carolina.

Why don't people make the connection that we're doing what whites did to blacks 60 years ago? Separate but equal? You can't force transgender people (WHO WERE BORN THAT WAY) to use a separate restroom because it makes you uncomfortable. Do you also think interracial marriage is inherently wrong? Geez.

There was a guy at my high school who would make offensive comments about the LGBTQ community and seemed kind of obsessed about the 'gay agenda' (whatever that is). I didn't know him super well, but we had a few classes together. He started making fun of me one day for participating in the 'day of silence' the week before and it was the last straw. I turned around and said to him "isn't it interesting how sometimes people who are super anti-gay end up being gay themselves". I never heard him make another comment again. In retrospect I should have used a different approach and taken the higher ground, but I was like sixteen at the time and even though I'm a straight cis-gender female I couldn't take it anymore.

I mean

You're right.

Thats the thing I dont get...Like...was there a barrier not allowing a man inside the womens bathroom before...that would be a no. If someone wanted to do "nerfarious" things they were going to do it regardless. Its not like NOTHING ever happens and now we will see a sharp increase in incidents :rolleyes:

There is a magical force field.

On a serious note this gives me an excellent idea for a comedy skit.

But with that being said, here's some good news! Retailers are getting on the Target train at last.

Starbucks, Barnes & Noble Join Target In Instituting Trans-Friendly Bathroom Policies

Sad but that's not true in Mississippi when their new law goes into effect July 1. You are protected by law if you choose to discriminate against LGBT because the action contrasts with your religious views. You can refuse to rent to LGBT, sell to them, issue marriage licenses, offer medical treatment according to this new hate law. Of course, the DOJ will be knocking on their door as soon as they're done with North Carolina.

I love Mississippi because every time my state does something dumb I get to say "At least we're not Mississippi".

On a serious note this gives me an excellent idea for a comedy skit.
Sounds like it's time for an episode of 'Fantasy Target' :D
Oh, Daaaaaaaaaaaaan.........
Dust off your red heels - it's time for your close-up.

Texas, huh? I'm totally surprised. Once again, this issue is brought up over the fear of safety for women and children. I'm sorry, but this isn't 1912 on the Titanic. I'm so sick of women being made into victims for simply being women. And no one gives a fuck about the children. If they did, we would be investing into their actual well-being and education.

Last edited:
If they can investigate a mom for letting her two kids go to a nearby park by themselves, why haven't legislators passed laws mandating that children can NOT be unattended in public places?

they are thinking of the children. they don't want to make transgenderism acceptable and therefore have kids tricked into it.

Texas, huh? I'm totally surprised. Once again, this issue is brought up over the fear of safety for women and children. I'm sorry, but this isn't 1912 on the Titanic. I'm so sick of being women being made into victims for simply being women. And no one gives a fuck about the children. If they did, we be investing into their actual well-being and education.
You're part of the reason our children are born mentally liberal

And I don't see why he would send this letter to Target for this restroom policy. But if he is on the soap box of "public safety" then he would be reasonably mindful to address the concerns of the public whether they suit his personal interests or no. Some are concerned about who is in what restroom and some are concerned about seeing a gun in public. Neither fear trumps or surpasses the other.

If this bozo is so concerned about people's safety - where are the letters to all the other businesses that have failed to make public announcements stating they they will strictly monitor who enters their restrooms?

And this also makes it quite easy for any bigot to discriminate and when questioned, all they have to say is "Well, I 'believed' that person was LGBT so I refused to serve him/her." Nobody is safe IF you make it legal to discriminate against one group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back