Thanksgiving shift

Just call out. As long as you aren't on a corrective action or final warning it won't mean anything. Your leader is just being a dick. Was it a Team Lead? Go to your ETL. Was it your ETL? Go to your SD. If all of that fails or has failed already, the absolute most they will do to you is put you on a CA, and that would require them to be even more dickish than they already are being.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are the two holiday events where Target doesn't give a crap about availability. But as a condition of your employment, you agree to work upon the business needs of the company.

Usually stores do not like it if you skip holiday schedules. Seasonals can be immediately let go. Permanent employees can be reprimanded.

You will need to talk to your leadership about changing shifts to where you can work a more available time. Maybe take on the closing shift.

One year I made it known early on with my leadership I had to work my early morning TV station job. They agreed to schedule me for a midday and closing shift.

Isn't Christmas, the one holiday that they ARE closed?

Appeal to the store director. If that doesn't work then don't worry, Target certainly does not care about you. You have a selfish me first leader. They can make exceptions.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Most stores understand that when they are a second job, all of life revolves around the primary job's schedule, including who has dibs on holidays. This includes people who work two retail jobs. Why does Target have such issues with comprehending this? Is it because they are such a big corporation they feel they can be a bully?
This is not Target, this is one store's leadership.

Also, it's not just Target that has these issues, it's all retail. At my old company I had leaders who cared and understood and leaders who didn't. When I was a Lead I had store managers who were dreams and ones who were nightmares.

I’m in the same boat, but I stated targets corporate that’s says there’s no target police forcing team members to work on thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Back