Archived Thanksgiving shifts what's every one working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday
5:30 pm to 2:00 am, Presentation

Thursday
5:30 pm to 2:00 am, Backroom

Friday
9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Backroom

Scheduled a good 50 hours for the week. :)

I'm pretty jealous of all the hours you're all getting

I'm only working 32.5 hours Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving itself I'm working 6pm-1:30am and Friday 5:45pm-9:45pm

I mean I should be glad but I could use all the money :c

Schedule not final but open Thursday and close Friday. God, closing is going to suck.

Question--- on TG, I'm 545-1am, so from 545-12, it's time 1/2 +$1 then from 12-1 it's just +$1? And on Friday, I'm 4-1230, do I get any differential, ie +$1?

Last edited:
Schedule not final but open Thursday and close Friday. God, closing is going to suck.

Question--- on TG, I'm 545-1am, so from 545-12, it's time 1/2 +$1 then from 12-1 it's just +$1? And on Friday, I'm 4-1230, do I get any differential, ie +$1?
Based off what was posted at our store, it would be 1.5x + $1 from 545-10, then 1.5x + $1 + $1 from 10-12, then just + $1 from 12-1.

I was off today but tomorrow I'll double check the official incentives on workbench because I've seen others saying they don't overlap at all.

Thursday 4pm-1230am interior line monitor for electronics.
Off Friday-Saturday.
What!?!?!?!?!?!
Ill take it :)

last year I did an 18 hour day (I went home for like 2 hours at dinnertime though) Wednesday 6am-1am. :p pricing shift, then palletizing doorbusters and running pallets and shippers to the floor. Then putting up signing.
Thursday 4pm-1230 exterior line monitor flipped to electronics interior line monitor.
Friday 11-730 softlines
Saturday I did 8-430 softlines. I was beat! I got my 40 hours within 3 days and still worked Sunday-Tuesday 6am-230 pricing that same week.

Somehow they didn't schedule me for Thursday, Friday or even Saturday. I'll be doing the setup Wednesday night and then leave with 32 hours that week I guess. First Thanksgiving I've been able to enjoy in a while, although the lack of overtime pay does kinda suck.

I somehow managed to get Thanksgiving day off, but I work 8am on Friday. "Excited" to work my first Black Friday in retail, though I've been told it'll be nothing compared to BTS by the time I clock in at 8

I somehow managed to get Thanksgiving day off, but I work 8am on Friday. "Excited" to work my first Black Friday in retail, though I've been told it'll be nothing compared to BTS by the time I clock in at 8

I'm excited to work it too, always have been on the other side, first retail, Black Friday and turkey day. I but it's so crazy it goes by fast

Same shift as last year.

5:30 to 11, then 1 to 7.

Damn straight. Bring that shit ON.

Closing Wednesday night Softlines sales floor 4:30-12:30
The store closes at 11:00 and closing is usually only scheduled until 11:30, so does that mean closing team will be doing setup? Don't typically have an overnight team (though I'm sure they do for BF)
Opening Thursday FR/Operator 5:30p-3:30a
Closing Friday Softlines Sales floor 3:00-midnight
Off Saturday

Is closing on BF really as bad as normal weekends? I usually work domestics/housewares/home improvement/etc -- I feel like it will be a mess.

I'll be opening curbside from 5:45pm-12am on thanksgiving and then opening curbside on Friday morning from 8am-4:30pm.

not sure about my schedule .... was it 12 to 4 am? or was I off that day? i forgot...

I'm assigned service desk at 5p-8p, then transitioning to GSA until 1 am. Then I'm back at 10 am Friday for more GSA goodness. Very excited. Last year we had service desk handling the ticketing of TVs that were on sale, so I imagine I'll be doing that? I was just cashiering last BF so I don't know how far in advance you'd be notified about being a queue manager, but so far I've heard nothing... Guess I'll pack a big jacket just in case.

5:45PM - 12:00AM Thanksgiving
11:30AM - 4:30PM Black Friday but there is a 500% chance I'll be asked to stay later
8:00AM - 4:30PM Saturday
UPDATE: Thanksgiving is now 5:45 - 3am. God help me.

Also I will probably be doing service desk because I'm one of five guest service TM's but I'm listed as 'cashier' for both. I'm hoping they take my suggestion and have one person at photo doing instore pickups only.

Also at my store it's 1.5x for Thanksgiving until midnight, and then +$1 from midnight till 6,

Last edited:
odd hours nothing special, also not giving out specifics.
aaf_shifty.gif

Is closing on BF really as bad as normal weekends? I usually work domestics/housewares/home improvement/etc -- I feel like it will be a mess.
Hahaha honestly in my opinion closing on BF is the worst day to close especially if you are in electronics.... I remember one year I had like 2 carts filled with dvds another cart with just cds... and another one with video games and electronic stuff x_x .. and you still have to zone.

Last edited:
I have a double shift that day: Overnight from 12AM-8:3AM and afternoon from 5PM-2AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back