Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your SFQ is wrong, it will keep pulling until the system thinks it's full. I set a pog couple weeks ago that thought the capacity was 1427 electric knives. Only 5 fit. You need to use the Audit app and check and change capacities
Where do these capacity numbers come from in the first place? I've seen other things like this and it's just nutty. Does someone just throw a random number in there? Can't think of a reasonable explanation for why the system would say stuff like this. I'm all the time making these corrections.

It could also be that team members are overstocking the shelves. You think only 2 binders will fit, but your more creative team members who don't want to backstock can find ways to throw 12 on the shelf. To fix it backstock the extra, then go back and use EXF in MyWork 2.0 to make sure the system has the appropriate number of items located on the shelf. Finally, ask a local saint to perform a miracle and get leadership to hold team members who stock the shelves incorrectly accountable because if that doesn't happen (it won't), the problem will keep recurring.
There are few things that make me crazier. I've spoken to my TL about it 2 or 3 times recently because I keep getting pulled from my regular area to help in other areas, and then when I return to pushing where I usually do, I find all kinds of weird stuff. The worst is when they put a larger size in the space for the smaller size of the same product, or name brand in the space for Up & Up. Sometimes, there's a substantial price difference. But accountability? What's that?

There are few things that make me crazier. I've spoken to my TL about it 2 or 3 times recently because I keep getting pulled from my regular area to help in other areas, and then when I return to pushing where I usually do, I find all kinds of weird stuff. The worst is when they put a larger size in the space for the smaller size of the same product, or name brand in the space for Up & Up. Sometimes, there's a substantial price difference. But accountability? What's that?

Corporate. According to my senior team lead they do that on things they are only going to send us for a short period of time and they want to make sure we are pulling it out before the pog changes. So we had that too for an electric knife that was only set for a week. Of course, they only sent us 8 of them in total so it was a bit of an overkill.

It could also be a TM fuck up. I had a TM "fix" the L.O.L ball capacities. He set them all to the number of actual balls that go on the shelves when the system for the shelves, but not the shippers, counts by box. That was a fun pull the next morning. A whole flat of backstocked L.O.L. crap got pulled. We needed just a few balls on the floor.

they do that on things they are only going to send us for a short period of time and they want to make sure we are pulling it out before the pog changes.
But sometimes it's on stuff we have all the time - ? Like those spray bottles a person can buy to use for house cleaning. 714 fit on the shelf? Um, no, more like 12.
And I found one in reverse today. A Brita water filter cartridge was way overstocked. Checked the capacity, thinking it'd say 32 when only about 7 will fit. Nope, the capacity was 1. Actually had to show it to another TM who gripes with me about overstocking. SMH, for both of us.

Question for anyone super familiar with BRLA reporting:

There's a TM error section that looks like it's showing the number of errors a TM has. These actually appear to be the errors uncovered in AIS usage. Is this accurate? We've been told by OD to ONLY scan the item it shows on the pull and NOT scan any other item unless there item it wants truly is not there. If it's not actually there, scan all items then use AIS. The intention we're told is that the way the system works, if you scan anything other than the item it wants, then the item it wants, it will delete what you didn't scan (HIGHLY doubt this). To me, it sounds like BRLA padding by not properly reporting baffles and ghosts. If the system truly worked that way, it's ass backwards. A quick check showed that the items were not deleted if not scanned during pull.

But can anyone verify that the 40+ errors attributed to me were merely errors I discovered while pulling?

Question for anyone super familiar with BRLA reporting:

There's a TM error section that looks like it's showing the number of errors a TM has. These actually appear to be the errors uncovered in AIS usage. Is this accurate? We've been told by OD to ONLY scan the item it shows on the pull and NOT scan any other item unless there item it wants truly is not there. If it's not actually there, scan all items then use AIS. The intention we're told is that the way the system works, if you scan anything other than the item it wants, then the item it wants, it will delete what you didn't scan (HIGHLY doubt this). To me, it sounds like BRLA padding by not properly reporting baffles and ghosts. If the system truly worked that way, it's ass backwards. A quick check showed that the items were not deleted if not scanned during pull.

But can anyone verify that the 40+ errors attributed to me were merely errors I discovered while pulling?

If you used All Items scanned yep, you found that many errors not made that many errors.

Okay, so that part of the system must work the same as we thought. The OD is either an idiot or disingenuous.

PDAs are slated to be gone by April so that program will be removed sooner than later.
(And to all you BRLM users, the Delete functionality is built, and integrated into the app. Setting up for a January deployment)
In which app will it be?

Does everyone have system generated fills( autos and CAFs) drop at off times...like at 7pm when they've been cleared for hours

That's been happening since we stopped pulling them on a regular basis. And yes it's annoying!

So when did it become normal for the PLAS and BPLS to take up 6 pallets daily for the autofills? Oh wait the e2e process… silly me.

But still 6 pallets of plastics everyday for a week solid is a bit much. Me think some peoples have not been diligent in completing their assigned tasks.

So when did it become normal for the PLAS and BPLS to take up 6 pallets daily for the autofills? Oh wait the e2e process… silly me.

But still 6 pallets of plastics everyday for a week solid is a bit much. Me think some peoples have not been diligent in completing their assigned tasks.
I remember seeing something about don't unbox all the plastic otherwise it can't be sweeped back. Seriously HQ knows they sent out way to much so they gives us this nugget of advice.

I remember seeing something about don't unbox all the plastic otherwise it can't be sweeped back. Seriously HQ knows they sent out way to much so they gives us this nugget of advice.
We sold through all of our plastics, so that note was pretty moot. Our DTL wants us to open all bpls to keep space in the steel condensed

What are opening routines like for backroom, especially if your store is fully immersed into END-To-END / Modernization? I know ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back