Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question regarding LOCU since I committed 2 BR errors today.

I scanned an item in the cooler sitting in between 2 locations during CAFs. The item is now shown where it shouldn't be. I know you can LOCU the location and STO everything back in that location but a giant box of apples was sitting on that shelf and I certainly wasn't going to count how many there were on top of the other things on that shelf to fix the error when I had to leave in 10 min. Is there any way to remove a location an item is in with LOCU without stoing the entire location or is there another way?

A question regarding LOCU since I committed 2 BR errors today.

I scanned an item in the cooler sitting in between 2 locations during CAFs. The item is now shown where it shouldn't be. I know you can LOCU the location and STO everything back in that location but a giant box of apples was sitting on that shelf and I certainly wasn't going to count how many there were on top of the other things on that shelf to fix the error when I had to leave in 10 min. Is there any way to remove a location an item is in with LOCU without stoing the entire location or is there another way?
use subt instead of locu.

I suggest STOing first unless you really know your way around the backroom. SUBT will not tell you if a item is clearance or on a current MIR. It also won't tell you the fillgroup. Knowing your department numbers and corresponding fill groups helps a lot.

Only certain people in our store are allowed to SUBT999 without STOing first for that reason.

FYI to my knowledge if a item is already located in the backroom and you add to that location you don't need to 9999.
Your last point is correct. I've never sub999 items that already are located because the theory is that if an item is already located in the backroom it won't try and fill the floor to the accumulator cap when it gets sto'd

Not if you do it for outdated/damaged instead of salesfloor/guest request.

Say you have item A and B. Item A is a mispick of Item B. Item B is a mispick of Item A. Both have the same amount. Do you still have to use mspk?

It shouldn't end up effecting count changes, but it would be in good form to process the mispicks. Those mispicks will also be sent back on some DC efficiency report too (I assume they are scored on mispicks anyway).

Not if you do it for outdated/damaged instead of salesfloor/guest request.

So I tried this today and it asked for a quantity. I wasn't sure what to put because it has an unknown quantity listed for the item in that location.

you could just key any quantity and the gun will ask you if you pulled all from this location. Just hit yes that you pulled all from that location and it will delete that DPCI from that location.

Just make sure you really did pull all of that DPCI from that location.

Price change has been huge this week. On Wednesday, it was 13(!) flats, yesterday it was an hour long as well. I've learned not to trust the timer on the replenishment workload tool.

Anyone know why the outdoor furniture is going on clearance when summer hasn't even started yet?

Last edited:
Price change has been huge this week. On Wednesday, it was 13(!) flats, yesterday it was an hour long as well. I've learned not to trust the timer on the replenishment workload tool.

Anyone know why the outdoor furniture is going on clearance when summer hasn't even started yet?
Ya sometimes if it's not set yet items will still be in the system from last year and will come up clearance even though they are not. Other times it can be a simple price adjustment and for whatever reason the system thinks you have to pull those items out

I heard the STL telling a guest last week that patio items would start going on clearance in a few weeks.

No you do not, unless you are using a mydevice which dont give the option to subt unless they have a location
Workbench DOES say to STO the item, and not doing so will cause a baffle. I looked into it when learning to subt9999, I do not know if this information is outdated, but I highly doubt it's straight up inaccurate.

That's odd. Seems early for patio clearance.

Workbench DOES say to STO the item, and not doing so will cause a baffle. I looked into it when learning to subt9999, I do not know if this information is outdated, but I highly doubt it's straight up inaccurate.
I've never had it cause a baffle. However STOing first does show you the fillgroups, if the item is clearance or challenge, ect. So for people that haven't been around the backroom long it's suggested you sto first.

That's odd. Seems early for patio clearance.

Maybe it's to make room for the Lilly Pulitzer Lawn and Patio? I don't know the details of the collection but I know theres at least a hammock, umbrella and stands.

Instocks merged with big brother BR so I'm assuming it fine asking here.

Even for a high volume (rank 6 out of 7 I heard) over-night store, is it normal for Instocks to have dropped 60+ batches of rsch and exfs in the morning. If we're taking a truck and BR overnight pulls the autofill I can't see that many batches are necessary.

Instocks merged with big brother BR so I'm assuming it fine asking here.

Even for a high volume (rank 6 out of 7 I heard) over-night store, is it normal for Instocks to have dropped 60+ batches of rsch and exfs in the morning. If we're taking a truck and BR overnight pulls the autofill I can't see that many batches are necessary.

It really depends on your instocks process and how many people you have scanning. My heaviest days are Tuesday and Wednesdays and if we have 3/3 instocks TMs scanning, it can definitely get up that high.

It really depends on your instocks process and how many people you have scanning. My heaviest days are Tuesday and Wednesdays and if we have 3/3 instocks TMs scanning, it can definitely get up that high.

Clocking in to meet 60 and counting batches though...
tumblr_n70jfanPjA1re1qkwo2_500.png

7am - Gotta pull fast.
8am - Gotta pull fast!
9am - Gotta pull faster! Faster!
10am - Faster, faster, faster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back