Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will create a baffle though...

If you do it in a batch, you'll create a baffle. Unless the error reporting gets changed with the transition to SFQ, if you use SUBT, you won't create a baffle. It'll just fuck up the on floor count.

So... can someone explain why the new SFQ system is fucking shit up so badly? Here I was thinking it was as simple as letting us change salesfloor capacities on the fly, but apparently not.
I do know that while doing a rare hardlines shift today, I noticed that a lot of items had a zero "on the floor" count, even if we had a ton "on hand". Is that what's causing the insanely large CAFs? Because it's trying to pull a ton to fill shelves that actually already have stuff?

I'm just a little lost, and the LOD tonight knew next to nothing about what was happening.

So... can someone explain why the new SFQ system is fucking shit up so badly? Here I was thinking it was as simple as letting us change salesfloor capacities on the fly, but apparently not.
I do know that while doing a rare hardlines shift today, I noticed that a lot of items had a zero "on the floor" count, even if we had a ton "on hand". Is that what's causing the insanely large CAFs? Because it's trying to pull a ton to fill shelves that actually already have stuff?

I'm just a little lost, and the LOD tonight knew next to nothing about what was happening.

It's more than just being able to change the capacities. Rather than pulls being based on the accumulator, they're now based on how much the system says is on the floor. If an item's floor count is 0, then the CAFs will pull enough of the product to fill all locations for that item to capacity (assuming enough is available to do so).

But yes, that's why the CAFs are huge. The floor counts need to be updated. If you're pushing and items are already filled to capacity, update the floor counts as you go.

Did they provide us with a way to update counts from a PDA? Or does it all have to be done with a MyDevice...

According to the roll out guide, "Pull -- The original item SFQ is 6, you pull 4, the items SFQ adjusts to 10 immediately."

Now, following that logic, if you pull 99 of that item the SFQ is now (x+99). Then you stow the original amount (lets say 6) so the SFQ is now (6+99-6=99). This means that the item has to be fixed using 'Fill from Stockroom' (which won't happen until it's an out) OR you sell about 94 of those items (which is also extremely unlikely). Instead of 'resetting' when the item should pull, you really did the opposite.

tl;dr I highly, highly recommend not doing this.

Our open/closed stock locations are all kinds of crazy, so I'm usually pulling boxes when it's only asking for 1 or 2 of an item. I was thinking whatever I'm pulling wouldn't affect the shelf capacity quantity. I thought that part had to be done manually. But you're telling me that pulling affects that? I haven't seen the roll out guide. No one tells us anything.

Our POG team never unties anything. So since I can't burn batches now, its going to mess everything up anyway.

Last edited:
Our open/closed stock locations are all kinds of crazy, so I'm usually pulling boxes when it's only asking for 1 or 2 of an item. I was thinking whatever I'm pulling wouldn't affect the shelf capacity quantity. I thought that part had to be done manually. But you're telling me that pulling affects that? I haven't seen the roll out guide. No one tells us anything.

Our POG team never unties anything. So since I can't burn batches now, its going to mess everything up anyway.
It would make sense though... I was fiddling around with stuff yesterday and noticed that the system simply won't allow an item to have a higher "on floor" count than the total set capacity. So I guess batches take priority and will fuck with capacity all it wants.

Fuck this.

I'll check the capcity of the batches I "pulled 99" from yesterday.

I haven't seen any baffles from doing that either. o_O I'll double check.

I'll play around a bit today as well if I get the chance... but I don't have high hopes.

I miss the accumulator already. At least it was predictable in its fuck-up-ary

Apparently it does adjust the capacity depending on the number you pull. However, there seems to be a cap depending on the item. I pulled 99 and the floor now says 50 where it should say 9, on hand was still correct though. It does trigger a baffle, so never mind about circumventing this mess. Our floor capacities are all messed up, no one blitzed anything but paper and is still pulling the wrong amounts.

Last edited:
It would make sense though... I was fiddling around with stuff yesterday and noticed that the system simply won't allow an item to have a higher "on floor" count than the total set capacity. So I guess batches take priority and will fuck with capacity all it wants.

Fuck this.
The only way SFQ can exceed capacity is with SUBT or when you PULL a batch.

Our open/closed stock locations are all kinds of crazy, so I'm usually pulling boxes when it's only asking for 1 or 2 of an item.
If you're physically taking the case and adding it to your pull then type THAT number into the PDA. Yeah, the SFQ will be a little high but if your capacity is correct, it will balance out when the partial case comes back as backstock.

As we're switching between the two systems, it's going to take some time to get all the parameters in line. My best advice would be to just do everything by the book.. Make sure you clue in your leaders about POG not untying their stuff since that's really going to throw off accuracy now.

Receiving at 4pm today. Thankfully didn't need to get to bulk paper. I'm going to start making someone dress up as waldo and hide in there.

Attachments

• 20150925_161940.jpg
    20150925_161940.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
f you're physically taking the case and adding it to your pull then type THAT number into the PDA. Yeah, the SFQ will be a little high but if your capacity is correct, it will balance out when the partial case comes back as backstock.
Yeah that's what we're doing. Hopefully everything works out once they get capacities right.

If that's how it's going to be at the shithole Target I'm at then fuck it, I may finally just quit. This could be the nail in the coffin for my time at Target.

230114_908223010.png

Receiving at 4pm today. Thankfully didn't need to get to bulk paper. I'm going to start making someone dress up as waldo and hide in there.

I need to buy my backroom guys/girls some beer, cause if that is what is heading our way they are going to need it.

I have been changing quantities today, mostly down.

Another thing I just remembered, our CAF pulls started to get crazy big. We found a part of the problem was no one was closing the trailer. I don't know exactly how it worked, but when we started checking and making sure they were closed the volume of the CAF pulls came back to earth.

Might be something to check. PDA only though.

Wow. Is your SFS packing station buried in there?

Another thing I just remembered, our CAF pulls started to get crazy big. We found a part of the problem was no one was closing the trailer. I don't know exactly how it worked, but when we started checking and making sure they were closed the volume of the CAF pulls came back to earth.

Might be something to check. PDA only though.
We had the same issue with our pfresh trucks. The cafs would be hours for pfresh but it got better.

So I fiddled a bit, and I don't think pulls will really mess with the new system. It's just a bit odd.

The actual "on the floor" value will only go as high as the capacity allows for. If you pull anything beyond that, it kind of exists in limbo and the only way to know more even exists is with the actual "on hand" value.

Also, our CAF sizes haven't really increased at all, honestly.

So I fiddled a bit, and I don't think pulls will really mess with the new system. It's just a bit odd.

The actual "on the floor" value will only go as high as the capacity allows for. If you pull anything beyond that, it kind of exists in limbo and the only way to know more even exists is with the actual "on hand" value.

Also, our CAF sizes haven't really increased at all, honestly.
So say there is an item with 1 on the floor and a capacity of 5. When the CAFs drop, it has you pull a casepack of 10. That would only raise the OF count to 5? And later backstocking the remaining 6 won't lower the OF amount?

In that case, what happens to the OF count if more guests buy the item before the remaining 6 get backstocked?

So say there is an item with 1 on the floor and a capacity of 5. When the CAFs drop, it has you pull a casepack of 10. That would only raise the OF count to 5? And later backstocking the remaining 6 won't lower the OF amount?

In that case, what happens to the OF count if more guests buy the item before the remaining 6 get backstocked?

As long as the on hand count is greater than the capacity, and they're not backstocked, the OF count remains full.

So if a guest buys one but the remaining six haven't yet been backstocked, it'll remain at 5

This is just from my brief experiments though. Might not be entirely accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back