Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our store needs a blitz of adjusting capacities throughout the store, because we are still constantly pulling backstock and having other weird things happen.

I backstocked 9 of those elephant humidifiers in pharmacy last week. Today at noon it wanted me to pull all 9...Flipped over to item search and we had 10 on hand, 1 location, capacity of 1.

I had my first somewhat early morning backroom shift. Finally got to see a bit what flow does and helped pull the autofill. Lots and lots of backstocking though...

Starting next week our 7 PM cafs are going away and we're getting the 7:30 am Pfresh pulls, along with the 10 am CAFs.

Yeah, I'm having everyone's sales planners fall into my CAFs all day.

And when we change floor capacities, it doesn't save the number, unless that takes awhile to update, I have no clue. No one knows.

We're only getting 100 hours total for backroom. Needless to say, it's a mess right now.

Last edited:
Hahaha I just saw the FF message for the first time about teaming with an LOD when you can't find an item.

I don't think so Tim.
Be aware that if the LOD actually cares about that stuff, they will get a Redwire alert about it.

Yes but that one isn't broken down by who did it and when.
Actually, I think there's a store report that indicates all that. It's been a while since I used it but there's about a dozen different SFS and FF reports in the logistics section.

Actually, I think there's a store report that indicates all that. It's been a while since I used it but there's about a dozen different SFS and FF reports in the logistics section.
The one in store reports is long gone. It was mentioned here a while back that the team responsible for it got laid off...

What a hectic day. Our TL's last day was yesterday, and now a Senior Softlines TL will become our TL. Not looking forward to that.

SFQ went live in our store, along with all the changes to the CAFs. Ended up filling 3 reds and 1 flat full of chemical for CAFs and research that went out as they update the capacities in that area.

The 11 am CAFs were 2:22 but then the noon's were only 56 minutes. I think the following hour it was 30 min. It appears the days of huge noon CAFs are over, which is a welcome change. The coolers pull far less frequently. In the noons, only both produce coolers pulled, then on the 3's, only the freezer pulled.

Overheard our 10, 11, and 12 o' clock Cafs were 4hrs each. Talked to ETL-LOG about the changes and he ended on the note that "the items are actually going out." We're both pleased with that result.

Did some experimenting, and it is possible to stop back stock from coming back out due to inaccurate capacities. I don't recommend it, as simply changing things with a MyDevice is easier, but it works in a pinch.

When pulling a batch, you can enter 99 as the pull amount and say you didn't pull it all. It'll up the on floor count to its max, and the backroom location will update to containing "some" and show up in the audit.

Probably already knew some of this, but in a pinch it can work.

Yeah I wouldn't want to fuck with our BRLA score to fix what salesfloor should have fixed.

And if it now thinks it has 99+ on the floor, won't the SFQ stay at the max until 99 of the items sell?

Example: There are 11 of an item on the floor and no more will fit. The item comes up in a CAF batch and you know it won't fit, so you pull 99. The system now thinks there are 110 on the floor and it won't trigger again if we sell the 11 that are actually on the floor because it thinks there are still 99 more. Basically I think it would cause the shelf to be empty entail Instocks fixes it.

I could also be way wrong...

Yeah I wouldn't want to fuck with our BRLA score to fix what salesfloor should have fixed.

And if it now thinks it has 99+ on the floor, won't the SFQ stay at the max until 99 of the items sell?

Example: There are 11 of an item on the floor and no more will fit. The item comes up in a CAF batch and you know it won't fit, so you pull 99. The system now thinks there are 110 on the floor and it won't trigger again if we sell the 11 that are actually on the floor because it thinks there are still 99 more. Basically I think it would cause the shelf to be empty entail Instocks fixes it.

I could also be way wrong...
Our team is only just starting to do a blitz and fix all the capacities. Until that happens, we had to get resourceful.

The new system will simply not count above whatever the max capacity is. So if you pull 99, to the system you're just pulling enough to fill to max. Everything else gets ignored.

The new system will simply not count above whatever the max capacity is. So if you pull 99, to the system you're just pulling enough to fill to max. Everything else gets ignored.
Incorrect. PULL and SUBT/TAKE exceed capacity if you take more than capacity. If this is the case, any backstock that came back from a pull would instantly come back out in the next round of batches.

IMO, you're playing with fire here and BRLA is highly flammable.

I was assuming the remaining 99 would still be out there (in limbo) based on what you said you had noticed a few weeks ago:

So say there is an item with 1 on the floor and a capacity of 5. When the CAFs drop, it has you pull a casepack of 10. That would only raise the OF count to 5? And later backstocking the remaining 6 won't lower the OF amount?

In that case, what happens to the OF count if more guests buy the item before the remaining 6 get backstocked?

As long as the on hand count is greater than the capacity, and they're not backstocked, the OF count remains full.

So if a guest buys one but the remaining six haven't yet been backstocked, it'll remain at 5

This is just from my brief experiments though. Might not be entirely accurate

Incorrect. PULL and SUBT/TAKE exceed capacity if you take more than capacity. If this is the case, any backstock that came back from a pull would instantly come back out in the next round of batches.

IMO, you're playing with fire here and BRLA is highly flammable.
I checked before and after doing this, and the OF count only raised to the max capacity, and backstocking one dropped it back down.

I'm not saying it's a good thing to do, but it does work if need be.

I'll double check things tomorrow though. Just in case... because now I'm worried

It my not happen on every single circumstance but due to the fact it's POSSIBLE to exceed the capacity, it's worth never doing.

Quoted from the roll out guide:
"Accuracy is key. Ensure team members always key the exact quantity being pulled or backstocked."

I'm not claiming to be an expert on SFQ but every part of the process that I'm familiar with, all my training, tells me that you should absolutely never do this.

I don't think any BRTM has actually been able to read the roll out guide, so...

I shall preach the words of LogisticsFox tomorrow then!
I'm not the only one who does this, so now you've got me all terrified

On floor counts can never exceed the capacity. Back stocking does not lower the on floor count. The on floor count is only lowered through sales, qmos, defectives, salvage, and other processes that actually remove on hands from the system. On floor counts are increased by receiving/pushing deliveries, subtracting from the backroom, pulling batches, etc. locu and sto do not affect on floor counts.

On floor counts can never exceed the capacity. Back stocking does not lower the on floor count. The on floor count is only lowered through sales, qmos, defectives, salvage, and other processes that actually remove on hands from the system. On floor counts are increased by receiving/pushing deliveries, subtracting from the backroom, pulling batches, etc. locu and sto do not affect on floor counts.
So if for some reason I decided to take every single box of Cheerios off the self and backstock them, they would stay backstocked through the CAFs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back