Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you subtracted enough to fill the floor to capacity (or enough to get above any trigger percentage) then yes. But just LOCUing them and STOing them back would not have any effect.

Nice to see my backroom wasn't the only one affected by the new CAF process of Monday. Ours went from 3 hours to 1:15 and hovered around that time for rest of the day.

We also got back the 6PM CAF, after phasing out the 7PM CAF, nearly a year ago. We are still getting Price Changes at 6PM, but will get the morning team to pull.

We were also told that dayside Backroom will also be responsible for pushing CAFs to the floor. Lets see: Electronics, Grocery. Hardlines, Softlines. This does not include the daily Day BR workload and responsibilities.

How will this work? We'll find out.

How long would you say it takes you guys to set the line?

45 minutes here.

If there isn't a bunch of merchandise and debris that has to be cleared, I am usually able to clear it out in 20 minutes.

Nice to see my backroom wasn't the only one affected by the new CAF process of Monday. Ours went from 3 hours to 1:15 and hovered around that time for rest of the day.

We also got back the 6PM CAF, after phasing out the 7PM CAF, nearly a year ago. We are still getting Price Changes at 6PM, but will get the morning team to pull.

We were also told that dayside Backroom will also be responsible for pushing CAFs to the floor. Lets see: Electronics, Grocery. Hardlines, Softlines. This does not include the daily Day BR workload and responsibilities.

How will this work? We'll find out.

Yup, our Monday CAFs were shorter and we got 6PM ones. No TL gave us a headsup about it either. And noone's told us anything about overnight pulling price change either, so I just did them as I normally do. Great bunch of folks running our joint...

They told us months ago dayside has to help the CAF pusher push from the line. They haven't told us (yet) that the responsibility falls on us. Knowing our store, such a demand would be a disaster, especially on weekends. Backstock would never get done.

Hahaha I just saw the FF message for the first time about teaming with an LOD when you can't find an item.

I don't think so Tim.

We've been doing this since FF rolled out. We have to partner with a TL or ETL to check re-shop, etc. before we mark an item not found, then they follow up by researching the item to correct the OH count.

Doesn't it ding some metric as well when we can't find something?

Yes. Your fulfillment % will take a hit.

When pulling a batch, you can enter 99 as the pull amount and say you didn't pull it all. It'll up the on floor count to its max, and the backroom location will update to containing "some" and show up in the audit.

This will screw up your BRLA because you're creating 90 or so baffles. The only reason you could use SUBT9999 without creating thousands of baffles is because baffles aren't reported when you use SUBT as opposed to pulling a batch.

I recently got a few dayside shifts instead of my usual early morning. I was wondering what pulls needed to be done within a time limit. The autos were dropping at the same time as researches and exfs. Which ones should be focussed on first? I know to do flexibles as soon as they drop but what about everything else?

I recently got a few dayside shifts instead of my usual early morning. I was wondering what pulls needed to be done within a time limit. The autos were dropping at the same time as researches and exfs. Which ones should be focussed on first? I know to do flexibles as soon as they drop but what about everything else?

CAFs and research need to be pulled by one hour or you go red

CAFs should definitely be pulled within the hour. Research and EXF batches don't have the same limit though. It's still nice to pull them in a timely manner, but not as big of an issue.

ASANTS though

CAFs over everything, then FFs (should only take a few minutes), then research.

Tell anyone who asks you to pull their EXFs to go fuck themselves that you will try to get to it soon.

Had my STL hounding me to pull POGs today. So wanted to tell him that if it was so important, to come back and pull them himself!

How long would you say it takes you guys to set the line?

45 minutes here.

Depends on how much of a mess the line is. Usually 20 minutes. If there's furniture, clearance, fixtures, trash, vehicles everywhere, 45+ min.

CAFs should definitely be pulled within the hour. Research and EXF batches don't have the same limit though. It's still nice to pull them in a timely manner, but not as big of an issue.

ASANTS though

Research needs to be pulled within an hour or it affects instocks' pull timeliness metric.

There's a metric for research pull timeliness? My LODs never told me about that. We just pull them in between the CAFs.

Interesting. At the stores I've been at the backroom opener pulls research before CAFs drop, and instocks cannot scan after the first hourly CAF.

Interesting. At the stores I've been at the backroom opener pulls research before CAFs drop, and instocks cannot scan after the first hourly CAF.

Instocks generally stops scanning before the CAFs drop at my store as well, but often when they create alot of batches, it's impossible to pull them all within the hour and deal with the CAFs. On days when the task list is small, it's pretty easy to pull all the batches before the CAFs.

There's a metric for research pull timeliness? My LODs never told me about that. We just pull them in between the CAFs.
I didn't know that either. I pull them in between CAFs as well. I go in at noon and there's always 15+ research batches sitting there and they'll still be scanning while I'm pulling the 12s. Sometimes instocks will come back and pull their batches. But yeah no way I was getting all that done with the 1+ hr noons. However, since we switched to SFQ I get the 12s done in 35 minutes and get all the research done before the 1s start.

Instocks generally stops scanning before the CAFs drop at my store as well, but often when they create alot of batches, it's impossible to pull them all within the hour and deal with the CAFs. On days when the task list is small, it's pretty easy to pull all the batches before the CAFs.

That makes sense, I thought you meant you were only pulling them between CAFs.

Research should be pulled before cafs, the reason being that if an item in a research batch is pulled in an hourly caf first then you will unnecessarily pull it again in the research batch. If an item would pull in a caf, but you pull it in a research batch first, as long as you don't sell enough to hit the trigger for that item, you only pull the item once and it should all fit on the floor ie, no backstock.

So really research batches should be pulled as they drop, not left waiting to be pulled all at once or in between other batches.

The way things should be done and the way you are staffed to them will be two different things. Just like most Target programs they come up with a way to do things then do not give you the hours to do them. They literally undermine their own systems.

There should be training dvd's that address all this stuff.

Research should be pulled before cafs, the reason being that if an item in a research batch is pulled in an hourly caf first then you will unnecessarily pull it again in the research batch. If an item would pull in a caf, but you pull it in a research batch first, as long as you don't sell enough to hit the trigger for that item, you only pull the item once and it should all fit on the floor ie, no backstock.

So really research batches should be pulled as they drop, not left waiting to be pulled all at once or in between other batches.

I've noticed, when I go into the research batch, it will automatically say Batch Complete if it was something I already pulled in the CAF.

I've noticed, when I go into the research batch, it will automatically say Batch Complete if it was something I already pulled in the CAF.
It should do that if you pulled all of that DPCI that was backstocked, but unless the pull logic has been updated...the research batch will still try to pull that item if there is any more of it backstocked.

Reactions: Vex
I back stocked two items the entire day today and both of the items shat back out into the CAF batches as usual. Busy as hell today but it's Sunday. Sunday is the busiest day of the week so the workload is always huge and nonstop. I had to have help with the 3pm and 4pm CAF batches because the bubba that was helping me today left at 3pm. As soon as he said "I feel like I'm going to pass out" and saw him sweating profusely and stumbling with his balance, I just knew that he was done for the day. I get it that people get sick and all that shit but in my experience at Target in the backroom, it would only happen to me on a Sunday. I am so glad that I'm off next Sunday. One of the lazy fuckers from the morning backroom team will get to pull some gigantic CAF batches in my place. That kinda makes me happy.
I was shocked that I was able to get the 5pm and 6pm CAF batches done by myself today on a Sunday.

And what the fuck did corporate do to the FDC schedule? I already hate FDC and today just made my hatred grow even larger. An FDC truck on Saturday and Sunday. What the fuck? That is not how it's supposed to be. However, of course I was the last to know that the assholes in corporate fucked with the FDC. Apparently the next truck will be on Wednesday.

LEAVE FDC ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND FUCK CORPORATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back