Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it tells me that, esp in Bulk plastic (or something else ridiculous) I pull it in gun, then toggle to STO and and go right back to my batch, chances are it'll come up again in CAF but hopefully by then it'll want more than 1 or 2 out of a case pack of 6.
And then it only wants one or two during the next cafs, so you decide to burn it again. Then your floor is empty because you've sold down throughout the day, but you haven't been physically pulling what the system thinks you've pulled. Then you don't sell anymore because the floor is empty and the system doesn't request more because it thinks the floor is full. Then we lose sales and guests get mad. Then some guest finally tracks down a salesfloor tm to see if there's more of that tub and then antithetical backroom team member has to stop what they're doing and go pull something that should've already been pulled. Or Instocks goes through and scans it a day or two later and then it finally gets filled.

And that's why we don't burn batches.
So I should stop doing that ?

1. I've never heard of "burning a batch"
2. I only get scheduled for autofills so that's what I was "trained" to do if you call it training
3. I love that this site is better than my store for accurate information. Thanks for the info. I shall not be burning anything again.

Last edited:
Unless you pushed the item yourself just before a caf pull wants it or the system is having you pull something not on the floor, burning a batch is no good.

I always send out the full case because often times because of others burning a batch and/or people not pushing correctly, it all goes out anyway.

Just so I'm understanding, if the pull asks me for 1 out of a case of 6 pull the whole case and send it out ? Don't "burn" it ? As I was incorrectly doing ?

I hate partial cases! It's even worse when its clearly partial and some idiot backstocks it as a full case.
I do "case enough" (learned what it was called on TBR) but I make sure to tape the case or put it in upper case stock to minimize the chances of someone counting.
Good man!

I don't know if im messing up the backroom but if it says pull like 2 things from a case, i'll just pull the whole case.

and im not counting all the non sense that is STAT/OFFICE

srry

The location is either grouped wrong as open stock instead of (upper or lower) case stock or somebody backstocked a case stock in open stock. Either way the recommended action is to pull however many it wants then manually SUBT however many is left. This way you don't create errors.

Just so I'm understanding, if the pull asks me for 1 out of a case of 6 pull the whole case and send it out ? Don't "burn" it ? As I was incorrectly doing ?

Now if it is a bulk location it'll always do that. It'll ask for a partial quantity normally instead of a full case (I believe this is correct). If you have to pull from bulk just pull what it wants and don't burn it.

Last edited:
I don't know if im messing up the backroom but if it says pull like 2 things from a case, i'll just pull the whole case.

and im not counting all the non sense that is STAT/OFFICE

srry

The location is either grouped wrong as open stock instead of (upper or lower) case stock or somebody backstocked a case stock in open stock. Either way the recommended action is to pull however many it wants then manually SUBT however many is left. This way you don't create errors.

Now if it is a bulk location it'll always do that. It'll ask for a partial quantity normally instead of a full case (I believe this is correct). If you have to pull from bulk just pull what it wants and don't burn it.

I am strictly speaking of bulk side. I've never burned anywhere else. If I can ask, what is this "case enough" ?

Partial cases and burning batches are no-nos. I got disciplined for burning batches a while back. I mainly burned some batches that I felt the floor didn't need the item and also to save time so I could complete the CAF pulls within 60 minutes. After getting written up, I pull everything no matter. I don't care if you just back stocked a tub of meat, canned foods, or health and beauty with only using STO. I'm going to pull all of it and take it to the line.

I have a ghost usually every hour when I do the CAF batches. It's really annoying because it's a waste of time. Things that crack me up even more is when a silly flow team member or early morning back room team member back stocks a picture frame and it says it's located in the dairy cooler. I go to said dairy cooler and it's a ghost at the location. I saw hand soap that had "hand soap" on the box in huge capital letters back stocked in PLUG the other day. The trick was it wasn't actually back stocked in the location. Someone was not paying attention and back stocked a vacuum cleaner DPCI sticker on the hand soap box. The laziness is just astounding. I see crap like that all the time. It's like the team members aren't even looking at the screen of the PDA. I also love it when team members back stock completely different items under one DPCI. Cheddar cheese is not the same as pepper jack cheese. I think every early morning backroom team member and maybe even flow team members should get the joyful experience of working the weekend in backroom day. I know for sure that after an experience like that, they would definitely see things in a different light.

I burned one pull in the big plastics batch this morning. Felt kind of guilty about doing it at the time, and a little bit more now, but it's done. I very rarely do it, will do so less now. I'll sometimes burn when pulling elec or mm2, only when I know that the floor is full (these are the things that seem to pull every autofill and caf - even though we haven't sold any).

Every once in a while the battery batch will randomly make me pull 40 of a particular battery when we only sell one or two...why does it doe this? I don't even bother to count with a pull that big. I just pull the whole waco, take it out, replenish the two that sold, and locu/sto the rest. It's ridiculous.

I think every early morning backroom team member and maybe even flow team members should get the joyful experience of working the weekend in backroom day. I know for sure that after an experience like that, they would definitely see things in a different light.
I have done both for multiple years. The grass is always greener.

That's kind of how I feel about BR/BR day (closer). It's nice not having to worry about setting up the line/clearing flats/cleaning up receiving, but it's so much backstock. At night it's nice to work by yourself and it's a lot calmer.

I burned one pull in the big plastics batch this morning. Felt kind of guilty about doing it at the time, and a little bit more now, but it's done. I very rarely do it, will do so less now. I'll sometimes burn when pulling elec or mm2, only when I know that the floor is full (these are the things that seem to pull every autofill and caf - even though we haven't sold any).

Instead of burning the batches every time they drop, try resetting the accumulator by using SUBT9999.

I reset the accumulator under certain circumstances such as POG backstock, product I just pushed and or pre-tie endcaps our TLs love doing without setting, but other than that burning batches just fucks your store over so it's stupid.

Message received. :oops: Having never used it before, is this right? SUBT9999 = Toggle to SUBT, scan barcode, 1 (Guest/SF request), scan waco, quantity 9999. I would then STO the quantity back into the waco, correct? Nobody seems to know about it at my store.

I have a couple of questions about fixing baffles and ghosts, M-delete, U-update, and LOCU but I should probably talk to my TL about that.

Message received. :oops: Having never used it before, is this right? SUBT9999 = Toggle to SUBT, scan barcode, 1 (Guest/SF request), scan waco, quantity 9999. I would then STO the quantity back into the waco, correct? Nobody seems to know about it at my store.

No need to STO at all. After entering the 9999 quantity it will ask you for the quantity in the location. Just enter the TOTAL quantity of that DPCI in that location.

Every once in a while the battery batch will randomly make me pull 40 of a particular battery when we only sell one or two...why does it doe this? I don't even bother to count with a pull that big. I just pull the whole waco, take it out, replenish the two that sold, and locu/sto the rest. It's ridiculous.

I would also check the capacity of the items in MM2 and ELEC probably they are higher than what the shelf can hold and that is why the system keeps asking for them, cause it thinks there should be more on the floor.. Get the capacity correct I would bet it would stop calling for them in every CAF round.

9999? You sure? I don't think the quantity can be above 999 in a location. Kinda limited but 999 is still a lot.

Batteries are the worst. Will get entire cases in my electronics pulls and they're all 100% full.

SUBT9999 that shit!

Yeah it resets the accumulator for an item so it stops calling for huge pulls when little/none is needed.

What do you do when you find fake ties ? I find quite a few for batteries and occasionally sales planners for market. Do you just break them ? I do, should I not be ?

Really you SHOULD, however this can (or at least used to) impact TWT and transitions set on time % scores for score.. Could be a TL/ETL fake tied to make sure all transitions were tied to a location.

If you untie something, could have negative implications, I would check with someone before you untie a bunch of stuff.

Really you SHOULD, however this can (or at least used to) impact TWT and transitions set on time % scores for score.. Could be a TL/ETL fake tied to make sure all transitions were tied to a location.

If you untie something, could have negative implications, I would check with someone before you untie a bunch of stuff.
I let them know, but when things are tied to S,Q,R, or some other thing that does not exist I tend to not worry as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back