Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, canceled STS items do come out in Return to Stock. When you're goin through the RTS process, an extra prompt will come up letting you know it was a STS item, and to send it to the appropriate location for processing (which I assume is price change, because it will go to the floor as an online item).

At my store, the receiver handles STS that comes in. However, our receiver is only scheduled until 2:30-3:30, so anything that comes in after that will sit until the next morning. There are a few of us who are trained on how to receive those, but we are rarely called when they arrive. The process itself isn't difficult (practically the same as FF with 1 or 2 extra steps) but I guess they don't want a bunch of different people messing with them for now.

do STS orders show up on Return to Stock
Yes

every time I go in there to clean up, about half of the hold locations are occupied by items that have no order details
The order details drop out of MyFA after a certain amount of time from the order going through RTS (probably a week).

On the topic of STS, those of you who have STS, how is it handled at your store?
Our receiver will call SFS for FedEx and UPS packages that arrive during receiving hours. We get two visits from UPS and one from FedEx every weekday, so I usually add them to a cart or flat throughout the morning and take take them up front and process them after lunch.

Our HRTM checks our mailbox on her way in every weekday (don't think anyone does on the weekend), and she receives after hours deliveries from package carriers at TMSC. She will process all STS orders that she gets.

Our ETL-LOG will pickup anything from the post office that was too big to fit in our mailbox and dump it in the store pickup hold area until I find it.

Interesting, good to know.

In other news, today our 11 o'clock CAFs were 6 and a half long. We had 3 TMs pulling, and had to have 2 ETLs help and we still rolled on a lot of them. That made the 12s 4 and a half hours long. So that was fun.

Interesting, good to know.

In other news, today our 11 o'clock CAFs were 6 and a half long. We had 3 TMs pulling, and had to have 2 ETLs help and we still rolled on a lot of them. That made the 12s 4 and a half hours long. So that was fun.

Was the truck acknowledged? That's the only reason our CAFs are that huge. That and when the system goes down and the autofill doesn't drop in the early morning.

Our coolers yesterday were so terrible. Every single cooler, was filled to the brim with backstock and stuff still needed to be worked out. I tried to get in there and do some backstocking, but I couldn't even move around, so that ended quick. Naturally, we let the pfresh CAFs sit in the gun (with leadership approval).

Got told today that I'm on the hot seat due to shitty backroom location accuracy in the back. I think it's going to happen and I hope it does. Leaving even if it's getting fired will be the best thing for me. The day i leave will be the best day of my life. Woo hoooooooo woo hoooo it's gonna be the best of my life my liiife.

I told my bitch team lead that her backroom morning angels don't even look at their pdas when they back stock and make numerous mistakes. Why is a HOME item located in PETS? Why is BB01 back stocked IN HB01? Why is GRC3 back stocked in BUCK? Why are fat free refried beans and regular refried beans back stocked under one dpci when in fact they have different dpcis?

Whatever. I'm done arguing with the cunt. She's a bitch anway and I'll be glad when i no longer have to deal with her. Ungrateful bitch.

DARY was huge at my store today. Lots and lots of yogurt. And of course, we had next to nobody on the sales floor all afternoon, so our poor PA spent most of his shift cashing and couldn't push any of it.

Do any of you guys ever have "ghost batches?" We have a certain fillgroup that drops a batch every CAF hour, even if no items actually need to be pulled. I hit A-pply locations, and it says the batch is complete.

Do any of you guys ever have "ghost batches?" We have a certain fillgroup that drops a batch every CAF hour, even if no items actually need to be pulled. I hit A-pply locations, and it says the batch is complete.

Never seen that before. Is it always the same Fillgroup, or is it random?

DARY and PRO1 were 15+ DPCIs each hour today after 1pm (I think the high was 31 for DARY). It's common, doesn't make it less frustrating.

I get "ghost batches" all the time. Usually happens with double scanning in the morning or people dropping EXFs or scanning for stuff that's gonna come out in the CAFs anyway, but some folks are too impatient (or...if I pull something for a guest the previous hour).

There are idiots in the early morning backroom bunch. They literally do not look at the screens of their PDAs when they back stock in STO. They scan the item, hear it beep, place the item in the location, and type the quantity. They don't even look to see if the items they are backstocking as one DPCI are the same.

How else could an item from HOME be located in the PETS aisle? How could GRC3 be backstocked in the BUCK aisle? These are open stock items so you can't use the whole "it's the wrong sticker on the box" bullshit. That won't work.

I just wish there was accountability and that my teamlead wasn't a bitch and would realize that her angels in the morning are the ones fucking up the backroom. Oh and not to mention the dumbasses in FDC. I don't even have words for those dummies.

I know that but my bitch boss doesn't think like that. She looks at who ever scanned the location last. Since I get to pull the grocery side for caf batches,I'm the last person that scanned the locations. I've never understood why I have to pull the grocery side. It's always been like that. My helper always gets the easier side aka the gm side.

Never seen that before. Is it always the same Fillgroup, or is it random?

It's always the same fillgroup. I won't specify which one for anonymity reasons.

I get "ghost batches" all the time. Usually happens with double scanning in the morning or people dropping EXFs or scanning for stuff that's gonna come out in the CAFs anyway, but some folks are too impatient (or...if I pull something for a guest the previous hour).

I wondered if that was the case at my store, but the fillgroup that keeps dropping ghost CAFs doesn't get pulled from that often outside of the CAFs and overnight autofills.

It's always the same fillgroup. I won't specify which one for anonymity reasons.

I wondered if that was the case at my store, but the fillgroup that keeps dropping ghost CAFs doesn't get pulled from that often outside of the CAFs and overnight autofills.
We used to have that happen until it randomly stopped one day. It was something like HIPA that doesn't get pulled very often.

So what does the O stand for in HBO1/2 and BBO1/2? And why is exercise equipment (i.e. weights, etc.) in BIKE instead of SPRT?

Why are HB01, HB02, COSM, and PHAR back stocked on the grocery side when they're all hardlines items?

when they back stock and make numerous mistakes. Why is a HOME item located in PETS? Why is BB01 back stocked IN HB01? Why is GRC3 back stocked in BUCK? Why are fat free refried beans and regular refried beans back stocked under one dpci when in fact they have different dpcis?

Well I can send you my BRTL, they would have a field day with that one! :) :) Oh yeah... I can see the blood in the BR already on that... oh yeah... carnage at 11! : ) :) :) ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back