Archived The Big & Dandy Backroom thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys have to do All batches in an hour now? We were just told all batches are now like cafs where they have to be done in an hour.

By "all" do you mean Research/EXF/POGs as well as CAFs? Because no, only the hours CAFs need to be completed on the hour.

We were told everything but autofills and price change has to be done in an hour. The TL said we get a ding if their not pulled within an hour. He said it was starting today and that its company wide.

Do any of you guys have these cool wire shelving units that you can screw onto the top of your tubs? Basically its just a shelf that screws on to the sides of the tub and sits on top, so you can still throw boxes underneath the shelf but you can put small openstock items on the shelving unit. Plus the shelf has 3 dividers, so it makes pulling things like HBA, OFCE, and STAT so much easier cause I can just chuck all of these into their own division of the shelf. No more repack boxes for one or two openstock items! I'll take a picture if I can tonight.
Yes, just about every store in my area has them. We call them "toppers".
Ex: "Bring me two tubs, one with a topper." ;)

Yes, just about every store in my area has them. We call them "toppers".
Ex: "Bring me two tubs, one with a topper." ;)

We only got them like a week ago, everyone loves them. I think there is one other store in our district that has them, and my BRTL asked our STL to order them since he saw them at that location. Thy're awesome!

We were told everything but autofills and price change has to be done in an hour. The TL said we get a ding if their not pulled within an hour. He said it was starting today and that its company wide.

This had better not be a thing. If I go into work tonight and we are expected to pull everything every hour we are completely fucked. Our scores will plummet. How can they expect us to get all of that done every hour with the hour cuts we've been getting?

Do you guys have to do All batches in an hour now? We were just told all batches are now like cafs where they have to be done in an hour.

Research (And I believe EXF) are supposed to be pulled within 1 hour of the batch dropping.
It doesn't show up as a metric in myPerformance afaik but look up the Instocks pull timeliness report on workbench. List of stores with 4 weeks of %s of batches pulled within 1 hour.

POG I don't think has a timer on it.

Everything but autofills and price change is what we were told. My TL said its's company wide starting today.

Price change done in 1 hour? Please tell me how that gets done.

6pm caf batches take me on average 30 minutes to complete by myself. I also have to check FF. I have to get an empty pallet and 4 repack boxes and then a pallet jack. Sometimes, the price change is tiny but at other times, it can be quite large. I spent 90 minutes pulling it on Tuesday night, 1 hour on Wednesday night, and 90 minutes last night.

We can't use repack boxes for caf batches, exfs, research, and pogs. We can use the white plastic waco boxes in the coolers. Corporate should order tons of them. It would make the pulls on tubs look a million times better and easier to work. They would be better organized.

Last night I got to pull the snow shovels, ice scrapers, and de-icer that no one ever bought. I pulled about 20 bags of salt to melt ice. Just a waste of money.

Price change done in 1 hour? Please tell me how that gets done.

6pm caf batches take me on average 30 minutes to complete by myself. I also have to check FF. I have to get an empty pallet and 4 repack boxes and then a pallet jack. Sometimes, the price change is tiny but at other times, it can be quite large. I spent 90 minutes pulling it on Tuesday night, 1 hour on Wednesday night, and 90 minutes last night.

We can't use repack boxes for caf batches, exfs, research, and pogs. We can use the white plastic waco boxes in the coolers. Corporate should order tons of them. It would make the pulls on tubs look a million times better and easier to work. They would be better organized.

Last night I got to pull the snow shovels, ice scrapers, and de-icer that no one ever bought. I pulled about 20 bags of salt to melt ice. Just a waste of money.

Luckily, we were able to flex out the pallet after pallet of de-icer out as they came in... To our store in an area that doesn't get below freezing.

I never pulled any of that shit in the caf batches or as research. The closest thing to fighting cold weather I've pulled in the caf batches is the bundle of duraflame logs. Why can't target sell individual counts of duraflame logs?

Never worked at Target let alone retail before in my life. I'm in collage tho so I figure I can apply for backroom for some extra cash, something to do, a good workout, plus it will work out great to go with my full time college schedule. I know I won't make much, I have other opportunities I make money from though. How shitty is backroom really though? I'm 6 ft 200 lbs so I can move boxes lets just leave it at that. I major in IT Security so I'm not stupid either. Is there a lot to learn in the beginning? Will I get any training at the beginning or will I show up and be on my own?

If you have a full time college schedule, you will likely only be able to work on the weekends in backroom.

Training depends on which backroom you are with. If you are with early morning backroom, then you will get good training and your team lead will be best buddies with you. If you're with backroom day, good luck with training. You will get training from a backroom day person and have minimal contact with the team lead. You will also not be best buddies with the team lead. The team lead will also likely blame you for all the mistakes in the backroom.

Never worked at Target let alone retail before in my life. I'm in collage tho so I figure I can apply for backroom for some extra cash, something to do, a good workout, plus it will work out great to go with my full time college schedule. I know I won't make much, I have other opportunities I make money from though. How shitty is backroom really though? I'm 6 ft 200 lbs so I can move boxes lets just leave it at that. I major in IT Security so I'm not stupid either. Is there a lot to learn in the beginning? Will I get any training at the beginning or will I show up and be on my own?
You will trained by a trainer & get certs on the computer.

If I had the opportunity I was thinking morning backroom, that's why I say it should work well with scheduling. Work 4-8am (at least from what I've read here on this site), classes 11am-2pm.Plus if it means I get better training I'll sacrifice a little bit of sleep.

Last edited:
If I had the opportunity I was thinking morning backroom, that's why I say it should work well with scheduling. Work 4-8am (at least from what I've read here on this site), classes 11am-2pm.Plus if it means I get better training I'll sacrifice a little bit of sleep.
That would flow team hours. You might want to apply for that.

That would flow team hours. You might want to apply for that.
Any big difference between that and straight up "backroom team member"? Was looking forwards to just doing backroom not having to deal much with customers and any front room stuff.

Do any of you guys have these cool wire shelving units that you can screw onto the top of your tubs? Basically its just a shelf that screws on to the sides of the tub and sits on top, so you can still throw boxes underneath the shelf but you can put small openstock items on the shelving unit. Plus the shelf has 3 dividers, so it makes pulling things like HBA, OFCE, and STAT so much easier cause I can just chuck all of these into their own division of the shelf. No more repack boxes for one or two openstock items! I'll take a picture if I can tonight.
Wait, how did you NOT have them?? We have them on about half of our tubs and use them for everything. My mind is blown that they are not something standard at every store.

We have been trying to convince our TL to ask for more since most of ours are severely sagging in the middle.

And repack boxes for pulls? The only time we do that is when we need to put the TOY autofills on pallets during Q4.

Last edited:
Flow team has a backroom team. Your skills & time would be the best option there.
They are separate positions when applying online though. The unload and stocking part of flow is called "Merchandise Flow TM" and the backroom part of flow is called "Early Morning Backroom TM."

Wait, how did you NOT have them?? We have them on about half of our tubs and use them for everything. My mind is blown that they are not something standard at every store.

We have been trying to convince our TL to ask for more since most of ours are severely sagging in the middle.

And repack boxes for pulls? The only time we do that is when we need to put the TOY autofills on pallets during Q4.

Yeah, so now we are one of the two stores in our district that has them. Until now, we've just been using repacks or three tiers for any openstock. It's weird to me that some stores discourage the use of repacks, we use them all the time.

Last edited:
My store has had them as long as I've been working there. Probably before that too. I've been there over a year now lol

So reading all this mumbo jumbo about all pulls but PC and autofills to be done in an hour???? Someone is smoking some good stuff!!! In our store our TL'S like to drop batches around 10:59 so yeah CAFS at 11...not gonna have CAFS roll soooo hour pull is out the window. Also our plano TL drops her crap all at once and has 1 puller...again unless he has a cape and an "S" on his chest...not happening. I'm a TL and have heard nothing about hour pulls outside of CAFS...CAFS are on our metrics for AE or whatever it's called now and those can't roll. I'm also instocks TL and again no communication about pulls other than all scans and pulls should be done by 11am. The plot thickens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back